Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe to stay at Dean Court
Fans delighted as Howe stays at Cherries
Bournemouth have confirmed that manager Eddie Howe will stay at Dean Court.
Howe, 33, who has been in the role since 31 December 2008, had been linked with vacancies at Crystal Palace, Burnley and Charlton Athletic.
Howe told BBC Radio Solent: "I came close to leaving the club, I'm not going to lie. It was a tough decision.
"But it had dragged on long enough and we wanted an end to it. Now there is we can concentrate on the football, which is all that matters."
Assistant Jason Tindall also remains at the club and Howe says the Bournemouth players were the reason the duo decided to remain at Dean Court.
"It's the players here. You only need to look at the league table and see we are second," he said. "It's a tough league and we're in a good position but we are not setting any unrealistic targets and we're not saying we are going to achieve anything other than competing well against Colchester on Friday.
"If this club can keep the momentum that we've got then who knows where it can take us. There is good feeling around town at the moment and it's a joy to be around."
He was also favourite to fill the vacant managerial position at Palace following
George Burley's departure,
co-chairman Steve Parish admitting that Howe was his prime target.
"I don't want to speak about the other clubs that were interested," added Howe. "It meant a great deal to me and those clubs acted in the right way and it was done above board and I wish them all the best."
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.