Bournemouth chairman Jeff Mostyn says he is confident the club are moving towards an exit from administration.
The Cherries will send a draft set of proposals to the Football League on Friday which they hope will lead to the return of its Football League share.
And Mostyn hopes his proposed takeover will be a further step forward.
"The offer that we have made to the administrator is as close as we are ever likely to get to a successful conclusion," he told BBC Radio Solent.
"We are knocking on the door of the Football League with our proposals and hopefully, as a result of that, we will within a very short space of time get some positive response to the application and indeed learn if there is any other information that we need."
Mostyn's consortium are the most likely new owners at Dean Court despite a less lucrative bid from a mystery backer earlier this week.
Mostyn has been assured that his bid retains exclusivity.
You can hear an extended interview with Cherries chairman Jeff Mostyn in the Saturday afternoon Sport Show on BBC Radio Solent from 1400 BST on 96.1FM, 103.8FM, 999AM, 1359AM, and DAB Digital Radio on 5 July.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.