Out-of-favour Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke has signed for Sydney in Australia's new A League, the club announced on Sunday.
Sydney chairman Walter Bugno said the 33-year-old had rejected a lucrative offer to play in Qatar in favour of joining Sydney for an undisclosed fee.
"Sydney's the winner but I was nervous. The Qatar offer was four times what we could come up with," he told Fox News.
Former Manchester United star Yorke has spent most of this season on the bench.
Blues co-owner David Sullivan last week accused the forward of being a "straggler" whose lack of effort was disrespectful to the club's fans.
But Sydney chief executive Andy Harper said he was satisfied with Yorke's commitment.
"Suffice to say that he's come here for a lot less money than he could have made in the Middle East," Harper told Channel Seven.
"I think that speaks volumes for exactly what he wants to achieve out of this move."
Australia's new eight-team A-League's kick off in August and Sydney have hired former German World Cup winner Pierre Littbarski as their coach.
Yorke, who has also played for Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers, is expected to arrive in Sydney in July - a month ahead of the league's opening schedule of matches.