Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill says out-of-favour striker Milan Baros is back in the first-team frame after an impressive display for the reserves.
Baros has not scored for Villa's first-team this season
O'Neill had challenged the 24-year-old Czech Republic star to prove himself and Baros responded by scoring in a 3-2 defeat by Tottenham on Monday.
"Milan did really well," O'Neill said. "It will give me food for thought.
"Some people have done very well but we are not that good that people cannot break into the side and stay there."
Baros, who missed the early part of the season with a foot problem, scored for the Czech Republic against Denmark last week.
He has been on the Villa bench in recent games as O'Neill has preferred to pair Juan Pablo Angel and Chris Sutton up front.
Baros arrived at Villa Park in a £6.5m deal from Liverpool in August 2005 but has scored just eight goals in 33 Premiership appearances.