Skip to main contentAccess keys helpA-Z index

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
watch listen BBC Sport BBC Sport
Low graphics|Help
---------------
---------------
CHOOSE A SPORT
 
RELATED BBC SITES
Last Updated: Monday, 11 June 2007, 21:21 GMT 22:21 UK
Henry agent dismisses Barca claim
Thierry Henry
Henry has been courted by some of Europe's leading clubs
Thierry Henry's management group has rubbished reports from France that the Arsenal star has agreed a provisional three-year contract with Barcelona.

France Football magazine says Henry's agent met with Barca's sporting director Txiki Beguiristain last week.

But Jeff Weston, from the SEM Group which looks after Henry, told BBC Sport on Tuesday: "No such meeting took place. That is absolute rubbish.

"There's never been any question of him not being at Arsenal next season."

Henry, 29, signed a new four-year contract with the Gunners last year but appeared to cast doubt on his future last week when he said he was flattered by interest from AC Milan.

I have read the article in the French magazine and there is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers

Henry's agent Jerome Anderson

The European champions and Barcelona have both declared their interest in the player, who has been constantly linked with a big-money move away from Arsenal for the last few summers.

France Football claims SEM's Jerome Anderson has agreed a three-year deal, worth 6.78m (10m euros) a season, with Barcelona, with an option of a fourth year.

"It is all just media speculation, as it was last year, and the year before," Weston added of the latest reports.

Anderson added that he would consider legal action against France Football over their report, which claimed that a transfer would go through after a meeting between Henry's people and Barca in the south of France.

606: DEBATE

"I can categorically state that I never had a meeting with anyone representing Barcelona," Anderson told The Sun newspaper. "The whole thing is garbage.

"I did not meet with anyone - whether in the south of France or anywhere on this planet. I have read the article in the French magazine and there is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers.

"I've not been to the south of France for years. Where this comes from I have absolutely no idea. Nobody checked these claims with anyone involved in the story. It is scandalous."

Henry, meanwhile, has distanced himself from the latest claims, believing the continued speculation surrounding his future is "not a current issue".

The Arsenal striker told L'Equipe that he will consider his next move in his own time.

"I have taken no decisions," Henry said.

"Lots of people are speaking on my behalf. It's impossible to stop the rumours - it's not the first or the last time that people are speaking for me.

"In my head I'm still an Arsenal player and my departure is not a current issue."

SEE ALSO
Barca leave door open for Henry
03 Jun 07 |  Europe
Henry links his future to Wenger
27 Apr 07 |  Arsenal
Wenger to pick football director
22 Apr 07 |  Arsenal


RELATED BBC LINKS:

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

BBC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Daily and weekly e-mails | Mobiles | Desktop Tools | News Feeds | Interactive Television | Downloads
Sport Homepage | Football | Cricket | Rugby Union | Rugby League | Tennis | Golf | Motorsport | Boxing | Athletics | Snooker | Horse Racing | Cycling | Disability sport | Olympics 2012 | Sport Relief | Other sport...

Help | Privacy & Cookies Policy | News sources | About the BBC | Contact us