BBC Sport
Skip to main contentAccess keys helpA-Z index

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
watch listen BBC Sport BBC Sport
Low graphics|Help
Last Updated: Saturday, 14 January 2006, 16:56 GMT
Inverness CT 3-0 Livingston
Craig Dargo and Dennis Wyness were on target for Inverness
Inverness demonstrated that their is life after manager Craig Brewster with a comfortable win over Livingston.

Striker Craig Dargo met a cross from Barry Wilson to cleverly head the home side into a 26th-minute lead.

And Dargo added a second from the penalty spot on 57 minutes after David Mackay crudely brought Wilson down.

Three minutes later, Dennis Wyness powered home a wonderful volley from 12 yards when he connected with a delivery from Roy McBain.

The Highlanders have now gone 10 league games unbeaten and have moved into the top six, while Livingston continue to prop up the table.

Livingston made all the early running as they set out to make amends for their embarrassing Scottish Cup exit to Alloa.

In the third minute, Wes Hoolahan delivered a fine cross from the left which found Steve Hislop 10 yards from goal.

But the new arrival from Gillingham showed he was suffering from a lack of first-team action as his header drifted well wide.

A Hoolahan cross was only half-cleared by Grant Munro 10 minutes later and David McNamee lashed a powerful volley inches over the crossbar from the edge of the box.

Livi player-manager Paul Lambert then neatly shifted a free-kick on the edge of the Inverness area to Hoolahan.

And, when the Irishman's centre picked out the unmarked McNamee, the midfielder's bullet header was touched over the crossbar by goalkeeper Mark Brown.

Despite their early good work, the porous nature of the Livi was once again exposed as they conceded their 40th goal of the SPL season.

Barry Wilson sent a 26th-minute cross into the area and Dargo was on hand to flick a well-placed header across goal and into the far corner of the net.

Inverness striker Wyness then saw his curling shot from 20 yards well saved by Roddy McKenzie.

Livingston's chances of a comeback disappeared when Mackay conceded a second-half penalty after a lunging challenge on Wilson.

The Caley Thistle forward picked himself up and coolly slotted the penalty low to McKenzie's right.

Livi's capitulation was complete on the hour mark as Wyness powered an exquisite volley past the helpless McKenzie.

The visitors threw defender Greg Strong up front and his 79th minute header was well saved by Brown.

Jason Dair then saw an effort from distance flash just over, but Livingston were forced to play the final five minutes of the match with only 10 men after Richard Brittain was carried off.

Inverness CT: Brown, Tokely, Dods, Munro, Hastings, Wilson (Proctor 82), Black (Hart 74), Duncan, McBain, Dargo, Wyness (McAllister 69). Subs Not Used: Fraser, Golabek, McCaffrey, Fox.

Booked: Black. Goals: Dargo 26, 57 pen, Wyness 60.

Livingston: McKenzie, McNamee (Walker 68), Pinxten, Strong, Mackay, Brittain, Lambert (Vincze 46), Dair, Hoolahan, Dalglish, Hislop (Dorado 76). Subs Not Used: Roy, Snodgrass, Tesevic, Dorrans.

Booked: Strong, Mackay, Dair.

Att: 3,604

Ref: C Thomson


The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

E-mail services | Sport on mobiles/PDAs


Back to top

Sport Homepage | Football | Cricket | Rugby Union | Rugby League | Tennis | Golf | Motorsport | Boxing | Athletics | Snooker | Horse Racing | Cycling | Disability sport | Olympics 2012 | Sport Relief | Other sport...

BBC Sport Academy >> | BBC News >> | BBC Weather >>
About the BBC | News sources | Privacy & Cookies Policy | Contact us
banner watch listen bbc sport