Hibernian 1 - 1 Inverness CT
Page last updated at 21:47 GMT, Wednesday, 28 December 2011
Pat Fenlon's wait for a first win as Hibernian manager continued but the Irishman did pick up his first point with a draw against Inverness.
Garry O'Connor's excellent free-kick gave Hibs an eighth-minute advantage.
But a terrific individual goal by Jonny Hayes levelled the scores before the half-time interval.
In a second half of few chances, Hibs had the best one in injury time when Sean O'Hanlon's header was blocked near the goalline by Richie Foran.
Hibs move a point clear of Scottish Premier League bottom club Dunfermline, who have a game in hand after their match at Motherwell was postponed, and Inverness are now five clear of the Pars.
An early long ball caused confusion in the Hibernian defence and Gregory Tade tried to head the bouncing ball towards goal but the danger was eventually cleared.
The hosts soon moved ahead with Danny Galbraith fouled on the edge of the box, giving O'Connor the chance to have a strike at goal.
The forward lifted the ball up and over the wall whilst putting enough pace on it to beat the diving Ryan Esson.
O'Connor had another free-kick attempt minutes later but the effort was high and wide.
Inverness began to gain some momentum and only an important block by David Stephens blocked Billy McKay's route to goal.
Foran then cracked the base of the post with a left-foot shot and, after the Highlanders had kept the ball in and around the Hibs box, Hayes' bending shot curved just wide.
The visitors were dominating and McKay was brought down down on the edge of the box by Stephens, who was booked.
Hayes' free-kick appeared to strike an arm in the Hibs wall but play was allowed to continue.
But Hayes was not to be denied in the 41st minute as he picked up the ball on the right near halway and evaded several Hibs challenges as he moved forward into a central position before arrowing a low shot into Graham Stack's bottom left-hand corner.
O'Connor went down in the Inverness box before half-time and the striker was booked for simulation.
A decent Hibs break shortly after the break ended with Galbraith trying to chip Stack from the left-hand corner of the box but the winger's effort dropped over the bar.
Chances were becoming scarce at either end as the hour-mark was crossed.
Hibs substitute Martin Scott, on for Leigh Griffiths, headed the ball against the arm of David Davis in the Inverness box but again there was to be no spot-kick award.
Further changes in personnel failed to reignite the match but Hibernian almost snatched victory when O'Hanlon got on the end of Galbraith's corner but Foran was well placed to block the header keep the score level.
Live text and stats
Wednesday, 28 December 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Stack
- 03 Booth
- 05 O'Hanlon yellow card
- 20 Stephens yellow card
- 25 Towell (Palsson 75)
- 07 Wotherspoon
- 11 Galbraith
- 16 Stevenson
- 17 Sproule (Murray 82)
- 09 O'Connor yellow card
- 28 Griffiths (Scott 63)
- 31 Brown,
- 06 Murray,
- 14 Scott,
- 19 Palsson,
- 26 Welsh,
- 33 Stanton,
- 23 Sodje
- 01 Esson
- 16 Golobart yellow card
- 19 Shinnie
- 22 Gillet
- 02 Piermayr
- 06 Cox (Tansey 73)
- 07 Hayes
- 25 Davis yellow card
- 09 Foran
- 15 Tade
- 21 McKay (Doran 75)
- 12 Tuffey,
- 26 Meekings,
- 08 Tansey,
- 11 Ross,
- 17 Morrison,
- 18 Sutherland,
- 23 Doran
- Hibernian 51%
- Inverness CT 49%
Attempts on target
- Hibernian 2
- Inverness CT 3
Attempts off target
- Hibernian 3
- Inverness CT 5
- Hibernian 4
- Inverness CT 5
- Hibernian 11
- Inverness CT 13
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:27 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 90:00+2:35 Inswinging corner taken by Martin Scott, save by Ryan Esson.
- 90:00+1:53 Corner taken left-footed by Daniel Galbraith from the right by-line, Sean O'Hanlon takes a shot. David Davis gets a block in.
- 90:00+1:15 Inswinging corner taken by Daniel Galbraith from the right by-line, Johnny Hayes manages to make a clearance.
- 90:00+0:46 Johnny Hayes takes a shot. Graham Stack makes a comfortable save.
- 89:39 Effort by Johnny Hayes from a long way out goes over the target.
- 88:24 Aaron Doran takes the inswinging corner, clearance made by David Stephens.
- 87:28 Graham Stack takes the free kick.
- 87:28 Booking David Davis receives a caution.
- 87:19 Foul by David Davis on Graham Stack, free kick awarded.
- 86:28 Booking Sean O'Hanlon goes into the referee's book.
- 85:15 Richie Foran gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Martin Scott. Lewis Stevenson takes the direct free kick.
- 81:53 Substitution Ian Murray joins the action as a substitute, replacing Ivan Sproule.
- 81:13 Aaron Doran is ruled offside. Graham Stack takes the free kick.
- 79:32 Victor Palsson sends in a cross, Johnny Hayes manages to make a clearance.
- 78:16 Victor Palsson crosses the ball, clearance by Richie Foran.
- 76:57 Lewis Stevenson challenges Richie Foran unfairly and gives away a free kick. Johnny Hayes takes the direct free kick.
- 76:16 Unfair challenge on David Davis by Victor Palsson results in a free kick. Ryan Esson takes the free kick.
- 74:36 Substitution (Inverness CT) makes a substitution, with Aaron Doran coming on for Billy McKay.
- 74:36 Substitution Victor Palsson joins the action as a substitute, replacing Richie Towell.
- 74:33 The official flags Richie Towell offside. Ryan Esson restarts play with the free kick.
- 74:06 Roman Golobart concedes a free kick for a foul on Lewis Stevenson. Callum Booth takes the free kick.
- 72:35 Substitution (Inverness CT) makes a substitution, with Greg Tansey coming on for Lee Cox.
- 72:04 Johnny Hayes has an effort at goal from a long way out that misses to the right of the target.
- 68:25 The ball is swung over by Johnny Hayes.
- 68:08 David Davis sends in a cross, David Stephens makes a clearance.
- 65:03 A cross is delivered by Gregory Tade.
- 64:40 The ball is swung over by Martin Scott, Roman Golobart makes a clearance.
- 63:32 Unfair challenge on Callum Booth by Lee Cox results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Daniel Galbraith, Kenny Gillet manages to make a clearance.
- 62:44 Substitution Martin Scott comes on in place of Leigh Griffiths.
- 61:55 Graeme Shinnie crosses the ball.
- 59:10 The ball is delivered by Lewis Stevenson, save by Ryan Esson.
- 58:24 Foul by Daniel Galbraith on Richie Foran, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Thomas Piermayr.
- 57:38 The ball is swung over by Lewis Stevenson, Lee Cox manages to make a clearance.
- 57:06 Free kick awarded for a foul by Ivan Sproule on Graeme Shinnie. Johnny Hayes crosses the ball in from the free kick, David Stephens manages to make a clearance.
- 55:20 Free kick awarded for a foul by Lee Cox on David Wotherspoon. Sean O'Hanlon crosses the ball in from the free kick, clearance made by Roman Golobart.
- 54:20 Free kick awarded for a foul by Thomas Piermayr on Daniel Galbraith. Free kick crossed right-footed by Ivan Sproule from left wing, Roman Golobart manages to make a clearance.
- 53:15 Leigh Griffiths produces a left-footed shot from long range that goes over the bar.
- 52:57 The official flags Leigh Griffiths offside. Roman Golobart takes the indirect free kick.
- 52:38 Gregory Tade sends in a cross.
- 51:35 Shot from just outside the box by Daniel Galbraith goes over the bar.
- 45:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Billy McKay by David Wotherspoon. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Johnny Hayes, clearance by Callum Booth.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:05 The match has reached half-time.
- 43:41 Booking The referee cautions Garry O'Connor for unsporting behaviour.
- 40:28 GOAL - Johnny Hayes:Hibernian 1 - 1 Inverness CT Johnny Hayes scores a goal from the edge of the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Hibernian 1-1 Inverness CT.
- 36:33 Booking Roman Golobart goes into the referee's book for dissent.
- 36:10 Free kick awarded for a foul by David Davis on Garry O'Connor. Sean O'Hanlon restarts play with the free kick.
- 35:05 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Gregory Tade by Ivan Sproule. Graeme Shinnie takes the direct free kick.
- 30:56 Richie Foran challenges Richie Towell unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Richie Towell.
- 30:36 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Roman Golobart by Leigh Griffiths. Richie Foran takes the free kick.
- 28:59 Graeme Shinnie fouled by Ivan Sproule, the ref awards a free kick. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Johnny Hayes. Billy McKay is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Graham Stack restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:02 Outswinging corner taken left-footed by Johnny Hayes played to the near post, clearance by Richie Towell.
- 26:06 Corner taken left-footed by Johnny Hayes to the near post, Sean O'Hanlon manages to make a clearance.
- 25:30 Johnny Hayes takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post, clearance made by Callum Booth.
- 24:19 Johnny Hayes produces a strike on goal direct from the free kick.
- 24:19 Booking David Stephens booked.
- 24:12 Unfair challenge on Billy McKay by David Stephens results in a free kick.
- 22:48 The ball is swung over by Daniel Galbraith.
- 22:06 Johnny Hayes produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 21:41 Effort from just outside the area by Richie Foran strikes the post.
- 18:47 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Daniel Galbraith by Thomas Piermayr. Free kick taken by Callum Booth.
- 17:55 David Davis has an effort at goal from outside the box missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 15:59 Free kick awarded for a foul by Roman Golobart on Garry O'Connor. Shot comes in from Garry O'Connor from the free kick.
- 15:26 Foul by Kenny Gillet on Leigh Griffiths, free kick awarded. Free kick crossed left-footed by Daniel Galbraith from right channel, Richie Foran manages to make a clearance.
- 14:39 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Johnny Hayes from the right by-line, Graham Stack makes a save.
- 12:29 The assistant referee signals for offside against Ivan Sproule. Free kick taken by Ryan Esson.
- 11:49 Corner taken left-footed by Leigh Griffiths from the right by-line to the near post, Gregory Tade manages to make a clearance.
- 11:11 The ball is crossed by Thomas Piermayr, comfortable save by Graham Stack.
- 8:42 Free kick awarded for a foul by Richie Foran on Garry O'Connor. Daniel Galbraith takes the free kick.
- 7:53 Johnny Hayes fouled by Lewis Stevenson, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick crossed left-footed by Kenny Gillet from left channel, David Stephens makes a clearance.
- 7:04 GOAL - Garry O'Connor:Hibernian 1 - 0 Inverness CT Garry O'Connor finds the net with a goal direct from the free kick from outside the area to the top left corner of the goal. Hibernian 1-0 Inverness CT.
- 6:18 Roman Golobart challenges Daniel Galbraith unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 3:56 Garry O'Connor gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Richie Foran. Free kick taken by Kenny Gillet.
- 1:17 Gregory Tade is caught offside. Graham Stack takes the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier results
Scottish Premier table snapshot