Dunfermline 3 - 3 Aberdeen
Page last updated at 16:59 GMT, Saturday, 26 November 2011
Aberdeen fought back to claim a Scottish Premier League draw against Dunfermline at East End Park.
The Dons went ahead in first-half injury time when Andrew Considine headed home but Andrew Barrowman levelled after the break.
David Graham's low strike and Liam Buchanan's close-range effort appeared to put the Pars in control.
But Alex Keddie's own goal gave the visitors hope and a late Josh Magennis shot ensured a point for each side.
The result continues Dunfermline's wait for a home win this season and Aberdeen's quest for a first away victory this term.
Craig Brown's Dons move a point clear of bottom club Inverness while Jim McIntyre's Pars are now two clear of the Highlanders.
Magennis was guilty of profligacy in front of goal during a first half played in blustery conditions but the Dons' superior territory finally told when Considine powered a back-post header into the net from Rob Milson's corner.
Fraser Fyvie was on the end of a two-footed challenge by Paddy Boyle minutes into the second half and the Dunfermline man was perhaps fortunate to escape with just a yellow card.
The Aberdeen midfielder was able to continue and, from the free-kick, Milsom teed up Considine for a shot that was wide.
Dunfermline levelled from a Paul Willis corner as Keddie's downward header was blocked by goalkeeper David Gonzalez, only for Barrowman to sweep in the rebound.
Graham then eased past Youl Mawene and slammed a right-foot shot into the corner of the net to put the Pars ahead for the first time.
Magennis failed to take advantage when goalkeeper Paul Gallacher left his goal, the Dons man lashing a shot wide.
And there was more misery for Aberdeen when Andy Kirk's replacement Buchanan rolled the ball into the net with his first touch of the ball after Gonzalez had blocked Boyle's drive.
Gallacher made saves to deny Magennis twice in a matter of moments before Gonzalez brilliantly pushed a Barrowman shot onto the post at the other end.
Keddie headed into his own net from a Milsom corner with nine minutes remaining.
And Aberdeen levelled with Magennis finally netting in the 88th minute.
The forward pounced on Gary Mason's poor touch inside the Dunfermline box and powered a low drive past Gallacher from 16 yards.
The visitors pressed for a winner but Mawene headed another Milson corner inches wide in injury time.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 26 November 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Gallacher
- 06 Keddie
- 13 Boyle yellow card
- 15 Dowie
- 16 Potter
- 04 Mason
- 17 Burns (Hardie 63 yellow card)
- 22 Willis yellow card (Phinn 77)
- 09 Barrowman
- 10 Kirk (Buchanan 68)
- 11 Graham
- 20 Smith,
- 39 Young,
- 07 Cardle,
- 08 Hardie,
- 14 Phinn,
- 23 Thomson,
- 19 Buchanan
- 20 Gonzalez
- 03 Foster
- 05 Mawene yellow card
- 06 Considine
- 07 Clark
- 08 Milsom
- 16 Osbourne yellow card
- 17 Fyvie
- 22 Jack (Pawlett 73)
- 14 Fallon (Mackie 46)
- 21 Magennis yellow card
- 32 Brown,
- 02 McArdle,
- 13 Robertson,
- 15 Pawlett,
- 34 Grimmer,
- 10 Mackie,
- 23 Megginson
- Dunfermline 50%
- Aberdeen 50%
Attempts on target
- Dunfermline 5
- Aberdeen 3
Attempts off target
- Dunfermline 1
- Aberdeen 7
- Dunfermline 4
- Aberdeen 12
- Dunfermline 9
- Aberdeen 15
- Final Result
- 93:06 The final whistle goes and the game is over.
- Full Time
- 88:06 Booking Martin Hardie goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- 87:03 GOAL - Josh Magennis:Dunfermline 3 - 3 Aberdeen A goal is scored by Josh Magennis from the edge of the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Dunfermline 3-3 Aberdeen.
- 86:21 Robert Milsom takes the inswinging corner,
- 85:51 Andrew Barrowman is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Andrew Considine takes the indirect free kick.
- 84:21 Paul Gallacher takes the indirect free kick.
- 84:21 Booking The referee books Youl Mawene for unsporting behaviour.
- 84:19 Youl Mawene concedes a free kick for a foul on Andrew Barrowman.
- 81:27 Foul by Andrew Considine on Andy Dowie, free kick awarded. Paul Gallacher takes the indirect free kick.
- 80:12 GOAL - Alex Keddie:Dunfermline 3 - 2 Aberdeen Own goal by Alex Keddie. Dunfermline 3-2 Aberdeen.
- 78:39 Martin Hardie takes the inswinging corner, Andrew Considine makes a clearance.
- 77:45 Andrew Considine concedes a free kick for a foul on Andrew Barrowman. Gary Mason takes the direct free kick. Drilled right-footed shot by Andrew Barrowman. Save by David Gonzalez.
- 77:00 Substitution Nick Phinn replaces Paul Willis.
- 72:34 Substitution (Aberdeen) makes a substitution, with Peter Pawlett coming on for Ryan Jack.
- 70:50 Youl Mawene concedes a free kick for a foul on Paul Gallacher. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 70:31 Corner taken by Fraser Fyvie from the right by-line.
- 70:08 Corner taken by Fraser Fyvie from the right by-line, clearance by Paul Gallacher.
- 68:55 Patrick Boyle provided the assist for the goal.
- 68:55 GOAL - Liam Buchanan:Dunfermline 3 - 1 Aberdeen Liam Buchanan fires in a goal from close range to the bottom left corner of the goal. Dunfermline 3-1 Aberdeen.
- 67:42 The ball is delivered by John Potter, blocked by Fraser Fyvie.
- 67:42 Substitution Liam Buchanan replaces Andy Kirk.
- 67:42 Andrew Considine concedes a free kick for a foul on Andrew Barrowman.
- 67:11 Shot by Josh Magennis from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 66:04 Robert Milsom fouled by Andy Dowie, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Fraser Fyvie.
- 64:37 Free kick awarded for a foul by Josh Magennis on Alex Keddie. Paul Gallacher restarts play with the free kick.
- 64:07 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Richard Foster by Andrew Barrowman. David Gonzalez restarts play with the free kick.
- 62:02 Substitution Martin Hardie is brought on as a substitute for Paul Burns.
- 61:08 Assist by Paul Willis.
- 61:08 GOAL - David Graham:Dunfermline 2 - 1 Aberdeen Goal scored by David Graham from just outside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Dunfermline 2-1 Aberdeen.
- 59:49 Corner taken by Robert Milsom from the right by-line to the near post.
- 58:54 Andrew Barrowman challenges Richard Foster unfairly and gives away a free kick. Andrew Considine restarts play with the free kick.
- 55:32 Darren Mackie challenges John Potter unfairly and gives away a free kick. Paul Gallacher takes the free kick.
- 53:33 Assist on the goal came from John Potter.
- 53:33 GOAL - Andrew Barrowman:Dunfermline 1 - 1 Aberdeen Andrew Barrowman grabs a goal from inside the penalty area to the top right corner of the goal. Dunfermline 1-1 Aberdeen.
- 52:57 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Ryan Jack, Isaac Osbourne takes a shot. Save made by Paul Gallacher.
- 52:30 Booking Isaac Osbourne receives a caution for unsporting behaviour.
- 49:41 Robert Milsom shoots direct from the free kick.
- 49:41 Booking Patrick Boyle is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 49:33 Patrick Boyle challenges Fraser Fyvie unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 48:23 Paul Burns concedes a free kick for a foul on Isaac Osbourne. David Gonzalez takes the indirect free kick.
- 47:27 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Patrick Boyle by Josh Magennis. Patrick Boyle takes the free kick.
- 45:49 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Paul Willis.
- 45:17 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Andrew Considine by Andy Kirk. David Gonzalez takes the indirect free kick.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half started.
- 45:01 Substitution Darren Mackie is brought on as a substitute for Rory Fallon.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:38 The ref blows to signal half-time.
- 45:00+1:29 Assist by Ryan Jack.
- 45:00+1:29 GOAL - Andrew Considine:Dunfermline 0 - 1 Aberdeen Andrew Considine grabs a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Dunfermline 0-1 Aberdeen.
- 45:00+0:56 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Fraser Fyvie from the left by-line,
- 42:51 Isaac Osbourne gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on David Graham. Free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 40:15 Josh Magennis has an effort at goal from outside the box which misses left.
- 35:07 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Patrick Boyle by Ryan Jack. Paul Gallacher takes the free kick.
- 33:24 Inswinging corner taken by Paul Willis.
- 32:22 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Fraser Fyvie from the left by-line, Paul Burns makes a clearance.
- 32:15 A cross is delivered by Fraser Fyvie, blocked by Alex Keddie.
- 31:58 Foul by Gary Mason on Robert Milsom, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Fraser Fyvie.
- 27:55 Corner taken right-footed by Fraser Fyvie from the right by-line, Richard Foster has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the target.
- 27:36 Corner taken right-footed by Fraser Fyvie, clearance by Paul Burns.
- 27:08 Corner taken right-footed by Robert Milsom, Patrick Boyle manages to make a clearance.
- 26:36 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Robert Milsom.
- 25:33 Corner taken right-footed by Robert Milsom from the left by-line, Richard Foster takes a shot. Paul Gallacher makes a save. Save by Paul Gallacher.
- 22:41 The ball is sent over by Chris Clark.
- 20:42 Youl Mawene gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Andrew Barrowman. Alex Keddie takes the free kick.
- 18:11 Booking The referee shows Paul Willis a yellow card.
- 17:15 Foul by Andrew Considine on Andy Kirk, free kick awarded. Paul Willis takes the free kick.
- 16:40 Effort on goal by Andy Kirk from just inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 15:29 Booking Booking for Josh Magennis for unsporting behaviour.
- 10:18 Andy Kirk is caught offside. David Gonzalez takes the free kick.
- 9:50 Ryan Jack challenges Gary Mason unfairly and gives away a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Gary Mason.
- 8:41 Unfair challenge on David Graham by Fraser Fyvie results in a free kick. Free kick crossed right-footed by Paul Willis from right wing, clearance made by Richard Foster.
- 5:53 The referee blows for offside against Paul Willis. Fraser Fyvie shoots direct from the free kick.
- 4:56 Corner crossed in by Paul Willis, clearance made by David Gonzalez.
- 3:43 Andrew Barrowman concedes a free kick for a foul on Youl Mawene. Indirect free kick taken by Youl Mawene.
- 2:58 Rory Fallon concedes a free kick for a foul on Alex Keddie. Free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 0:02 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Isaac Osbourne by Gary Mason. Shot comes in from Andrew Considine from the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier results
Scottish Premier table snapshot