Inverness CT 1 - 1 Dunfermline
Page last updated at 15:56 GMT, Saturday, 22 October 2011 16:56 UK
Liam Buchanan's late penalty rescued Dunfermline Athletic and prevented Inverness Caley Thistle leapfrogging them off the bottom of the table.
Paul Burns sent a superb long-range effort against the base of the post as the Pars dominated the first half.
But Gregory Tade headed in after 33 minutes when Richie Foran crossed after a slip by Alex Keddie.
The Pars denied Inverness their first clean sheet of the season after David Proctor fouled Buchanan in the box.
Their first goal - striker Buchanan's first for the club - in 383 minutes of football ended Dunfermline's alarming slide down the Scottish Premier League table - they went into the game with only one draw in their previous six games.
And it leaves Terry Butcher's side a point behind the visitors.
Manager Butcher had kept faith with the same starting line-up for a third successive game despite last weekend's defeat by St Johnstone.
However, it was Dunfermline, for whom Jason Thomson and Keddie started in place of Ryan Thomson and Andy Dowie, who dominated the first half.
Andy Kirk sent a drive wide when he ought to have hit the target and fellow forward David Graham also shot wildly over.
The Pars were left cursing their luck when a superb 25-yard drive from full-back Burns found the inside of a post and rolled across the goalline before spinning for a goal-kick.
Caley Thistle's Ryan Esson fisted away a John Potter header following a corner and the goalkeeper saved superbly to turn wide a Joe Cardle half-volley.
However, Inverness went ahead against the run of play thanks to a slip from Keddie on the former Ross County defender's return to the Highlands.
Foran sent his cross into the penalty box and Tade found the net with a flying header that will have also pleased many fans of his former club and Dunfermline's Fife rivals, Raith Rovers.
Jason Thomson came off seconds after the break when he failed to recover from a foot injury suffered in the first half and was replaced with namesake Ryan.
The Pars, though, continued to threaten and Kirk hooked a shot over before Caley Thistle immediately responded with a 25-yard Greg Tansey free-kick that flew a foot wide.
A Graham free-kick flew through the Inverness wall but found the arms of Esson as Dunfermline appeared to cope better playing against the strong wind than the home side did in the first half.
Only a deflection off a defender prevented a David Davis drive finding the target as the game became stretched and chances started to be created at both ends.
Substitute Buchanan squared the game from the penalty spot after 86 minutes before Gary Mason missed a great chance to give the visitors a victory and Shane Sutherland had an effort well saved by Pars goalkeeper Paul Gallacher five seconds from the final whistle.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 22 October 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Esson
- 03 Tokely yellow card
- 14 Proctor
- 19 Shinnie
- 02 Piermayr yellow card (Meekings 66)
- 08 Tansey
- 10 Shinnie (Cox 71)
- 11 Ross
- 25 Davis
- 09 Foran
- 15 Tade (Sutherland 81)
- 12 Tuffey,
- 22 Gillet,
- 26 Meekings,
- 06 Cox,
- 20 Chippendale,
- 18 Sutherland,
- 21 McKay
- 01 Gallacher
- 02 Thomson (Thomson 47)
- 03 McCann
- 06 Keddie
- 13 Boyle
- 16 Potter
- 04 Mason
- 07 Cardle
- 17 Burns
- 10 Kirk (Buchanan 56)
- 11 Graham (McDougall 84)
- 20 Smith,
- 23 Thomson,
- 26 Easton,
- 34 Byrne,
- 39 Young,
- 12 McDougall,
- 19 Buchanan
- Inverness CT 47%
- Dunfermline 53%
Attempts on target
- Inverness CT 5
- Dunfermline 2
Attempts off target
- Inverness CT 5
- Dunfermline 6
- Inverness CT 6
- Dunfermline 6
- Inverness CT 11
- Dunfermline 7
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:12 The final whistle is blown by the referee.
- 90:00+2:59 Shane Sutherland takes a shot. Paul Gallacher makes a save.
- 89:52 Gary Mason produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide right of the goal.
- 88:34 Josh Meekings takes a shot. Save by Paul Gallacher.
- 85:54 GOAL - Liam Buchanan:Inverness CT 1 - 1 Dunfermline Placed penalty scored by Liam Buchanan. Inverness CT 1-1 Dunfermline.
- 84:34 Unfair challenge on Liam Buchanan by David Proctor results in a Penalty.
- 83:19 Substitution Steven McDougall replaces David Graham.
- 80:27 Substitution Shane Sutherland on for Gregory Tade.
- 78:06 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Joe Cardle.
- 77:40 Free kick awarded for a foul by Josh Meekings on Joe Cardle. Patrick Boyle takes the free kick.
- 73:29 Austin McCann takes the direct free kick.
- 73:29 Booking The referee shows Ross Tokely a yellow card.
- 73:03 Unfair challenge on Ryan Thomson by Lee Cox results in a free kick.
- 72:13 Inswinging corner taken by Lee Cox from the right by-line.
- 71:57 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Gregory Tade.
- 71:38 Nick Ross takes a shot. Save made by Paul Gallacher.
- 70:23 Substitution Lee Cox is brought on as a substitute for Andrew Shinnie.
- 69:25 Inswinging corner taken by Andrew Shinnie.
- 67:26 Graeme Shinnie takes a inswinging corner.
- 67:11 Effort from the edge of the penalty area by David Davis goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 65:20 Substitution Josh Meekings is brought on as a substitute for Thomas Piermayr.
- 65:09 David Davis has a shot on goal from outside the box which misses right.
- 63:20 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Joe Cardle played to the near post.
- 62:54 David Davis gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on David Graham. David Graham restarts play with the free kick.
- 60:54 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Andrew Shinnie by Alex Keddie. Direct free kick taken by David Davis.
- 55:27 Ryan Esson takes the indirect free kick.
- 55:27 Substitution Liam Buchanan replaces Andy Kirk.
- 55:27 Andy Kirk concedes a free kick for a foul on Ross Tokely.
- 54:12 Ross Tokely concedes a free kick for a foul on Paul Burns. Direct free kick taken by David Graham.
- 52:53 Unfair challenge on Andrew Shinnie by Gary Mason results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ryan Esson.
- 49:26 Unfair challenge on Richie Foran by John Potter results in a free kick. Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Greg Tansey.
- 48:58 Andy Kirk takes a shot from just inside the penalty box which clears the crossbar.
- 48:38 Andrew Shinnie gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Gary Mason. Gary Mason takes the free kick.
- 46:45 Substitution (Dunfermline) makes a substitution, with Ryan Thomson coming on for Jason Thomson.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:10 The referee blows for half time.
- 44:30 David Proctor challenges Austin McCann unfairly and gives away a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 37:09 Graeme Shinnie decides to take a short corner, Effort from deep inside the area by David Proctor misses to the left of the goal.
- 36:02 Foul by Gary Mason on Andrew Shinnie, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Ryan Esson.
- 32:31 Richie Foran provided the assist for the goal.
- 32:31 GOAL - Gregory Tade:Inverness CT 1 - 0 Dunfermline Gregory Tade finds the net with a headed goal from inside the box. Inverness CT 1-0 Dunfermline.
- 31:12 Patrick Boyle challenges Richie Foran unfairly and gives away a free kick. Graeme Shinnie takes the free kick.
- 30:46 Andrew Shinnie takes a shot. Save by Paul Gallacher.
- 29:30 Jason Thomson fouled by Graeme Shinnie, the ref awards a free kick. Joe Cardle crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing, clearance by Greg Tansey.
- 28:09 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Graeme Shinnie.
- 26:51 Paul Burns decides to take the corner short, clearance by Richie Foran.
- 26:31 Joe Cardle takes a shot. Save by Ryan Esson.
- 25:39 Graeme Shinnie produces a left-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 23:42 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Paul Burns from the right by-line, John Potter takes a shot. Save by Ryan Esson.
- 20:05 Corner taken by Austin McCann from the right by-line, clearance made by Ross Tokely.
- 16:19 Shot by David Graham from outside the box goes high over the crossbar.
- 14:51 Short corner taken by Joe Cardle, Shot from just outside the area by Jason Thomson goes over the bar.
- 9:46 Ross Tokely concedes a free kick for a foul on Joe Cardle. Paul Gallacher restarts play with the free kick.
- 8:20 Andy Kirk produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 7:03 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Patrick Boyle by David Davis. Jason Thomson takes the direct free kick.
- 6:14 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 4:11 Free kick awarded for a foul by Andy Kirk on David Proctor. Ryan Esson takes the free kick.
- 3:28 Effort from a long way out by David Graham goes wide right of the goal.
- 1:09 Paul Gallacher takes the direct free kick.
- 1:09 Booking The referee shows Thomas Piermayr a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 0:55 Thomas Piermayr concedes a free kick for a foul on Joe Cardle.
- 0:00 The match has kicked off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier results
Scottish Premier table snapshot