Motherwell 0 - 3 St Johnstone
Page last updated at 15:54 GMT, Saturday, 17 September 2011 16:54 UK
St Johnstone won at Fir Park to consign Motherwell to a second straight Scottish Premier League defeat.
An own goal by Tim Clancy gave Saints the advantage on 20 minutes, the defender helping a Jamie Adams header into the net.
Efforts from Steve Jennings and Tom Hateley failed to trouble goalkeeper Peter Enckelman as Well pressed.
And the visitors added to their lead with Francisco Sandaza and Liam Craig netting in the final 15 minutes.
The result extends St Johnstone's unbeaten run away from home to seven matches.
Sandaza and Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law both had early efforts saved.
Clancy drew a save from Enckelman with a glancing header from a corner, but it was at the other end that the Motherwell player broke the deadlock.
Craig's free kick was headed around the Motherwell box and Adams' nodded effort towards goal was turned into his own net by Clancy.
Sandaza headed Dave MacKay's cross wide before Jennings swept a shot over for Motherwell.
The hosts won a free-kick in a promising area near the end of the first half, but Tom Hateley's effort was too high.
Sandaza dragged a shot wide after skilfully escaping some Motherwell defenders in the opening minutes of the second half.
Enckelman flapped at a Steven Hammell cross but recovered in time to block Michael Higdon's volley.
Randolph ensured his side did not slip further behind when he palmed away Chris Millar's curling effort, Adams heading the rebound over.
However, the second goal was not long in coming as Hammell's wayward pass across his own defence was pounced upon by Sandaza and the striker rounded the keeper to convert.
Sandaza then turned Stephen Craigan inside out before unleashing a shot that Randolph blocked only for Craig to bury the rebound high into the net.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 17 September 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Randolph
- 03 Hammell
- 05 Craigan
- 22 Clancy
- 04 Law
- 06 Hateley
- 07 Humphrey
- 08 Jennings (Daley 71)
- 14 Lasley
- 09 Higdon
- 11 Murphy (McHugh 77)
- 12 Hollis,
- 20 Page,
- 23 Halsman,
- 17 Daley,
- 18 Sorbes,
- 26 Carswell,
- 16 McHugh
- 01 Enckelman
- 02 MacKay
- 05 Wright yellow card
- 06 Anderson
- 12 Maybury
- 07 Millar (Gibson 90+1)
- 10 Craig
- 14 Moon
- 20 Adams yellow card
- 11 Sheridan (Higgins 76)
- 21 Sandaza (Haber 89)
- 15 Mannus,
- 26 Caddis,
- 22 Gibson,
- 27 May,
- 29 McIntosh,
- 17 Higgins,
- 23 Haber
- Motherwell 53%
- St Johnstone 47%
Attempts on target
- Motherwell 3
- St Johnstone 6
Attempts off target
- Motherwell 3
- St Johnstone 1
- Motherwell 5
- St Johnstone 4
- Motherwell 3
- St Johnstone 12
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:03 The final whistle is blown by the referee.
- 90:00+0:02 Substitution (St Johnstone) makes a substitution, with William Gibson coming on for Chris Millar.
- 90:00+0:02 Tom Hateley challenges Kevin Moon unfairly and gives away a free kick. Peter Enckelman takes the direct free kick.
- 88:18 Substitution Marcus Haber joins the action as a substitute, replacing Francisco Sandaza.
- 84:51 The assist for the goal came from Francisco Sandaza.
- 84:51 GOAL - Liam Craig:Motherwell 0 - 3 St Johnstone Liam Craig fires in a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Motherwell 0-3 St Johnstone.
- 83:58 Francisco Sandaza takes a shot. Save made by Darren Randolph.
- 83:03 Omar Daley produces a right-footed shot from outside the penalty box and misses right.
- 81:26 Michael Higdon takes the chance to get an effort at goal. Peter Enckelman makes a save.
- 76:07 Substitution Robert McHugh on for Jamie Murphy.
- 75:49 Substitution (St Johnstone) makes a substitution, with Sean Higgins coming on for Cillian Sheridan.
- 74:54 GOAL - Francisco Sandaza:Motherwell 0 - 2 St Johnstone Francisco Sandaza gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the box low into the middle of the goal. Motherwell 0-2 St Johnstone.
- 74:29 Cillian Sheridan concedes a free kick for a foul on Stephen Craigan. Darren Randolph takes the free kick.
- 73:04 Corner from left by-line taken by Tom Hateley.
- 70:53 Substitution (Motherwell) makes a substitution, with Omar Daley coming on for Steve Jennings.
- 70:53 The assistant referee flags for offside against Cillian Sheridan. Free kick taken by Darren Randolph.
- 69:56 The offside flag is raised against Francisco Sandaza. Darren Randolph takes the indirect free kick.
- 65:38 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by David MacKay, Tim Clancy makes a clearance.
- 61:26 Effort from 20 yards by Jamie Adams. Save by Darren Randolph. Tom Hateley takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post. Tom Hateley delivers the ball in from the corner.
- 58:03 Shot by Chris Millar. Save by Darren Randolph.
- 57:12 Booking Frazer Wright is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 55:38 Unfair challenge on Keith Lasley by Francisco Sandaza results in a free kick. Stevie Hammell restarts play with the free kick.
- 54:40 Inswinging corner taken by David MacKay from the left by-line played to the near post.
- 53:07 Corner taken by Tom Hateley played to the near post, David MacKay manages to make a clearance.
- 51:58 Cillian Sheridan challenges Stephen Craigan unfairly and gives away a free kick. Nicky Law takes the direct free kick.
- 48:32 Kevin Moon challenges Keith Lasley unfairly and gives away a free kick. Stevie Hammell takes the free kick.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:19 The referee calls an end to the first half.
- 45:00+0:57 Shot from 18 yards from Cillian Sheridan. Darren Randolph makes a save.
- Correction - 44:27 Free kick awarded for a foul by Chris Millar on Stevie Hammell. Tom Hateley has an effort direct from the free kick.
- 44:27 Stevie Hammell fouled by Chris Millar, the ref awards a free kick. Tom Hateley has an effort direct from the free kick.
- 41:19 Booking The referee shows Jamie Adams a yellow card for dissent.
- 40:50 Jamie Adams challenges Nicky Law unfairly and gives away a free kick. Darren Randolph takes the direct free kick.
- 40:04 Foul by Chris Humphrey on Alan Maybury, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Peter Enckelman.
- 38:44 Jamie Adams gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Chris Humphrey. Free kick taken by Keith Lasley.
- 37:37 Frazer Wright challenges Michael Higdon unfairly and gives away a free kick. Stephen Craigan restarts play with the free kick.
- 36:03 Shot from 25 yards by Steve Jennings.
- 33:20 A cross is delivered by David MacKay.
- 30:12 The offside flag is raised against Cillian Sheridan. Stephen Craigan takes the indirect free kick.
- 26:11 Foul by Liam Craig on Chris Humphrey, free kick awarded. Tom Hateley restarts play with the free kick.
- 25:22 Corner taken right-footed by David MacKay to the near post, Tom Hateley manages to make a clearance.
- 21:41 Assist on the goal came from Jamie Adams.
- 19:19 GOAL - Tim Clancy:Motherwell 0 - 1 St Johnstone Tim Clancy puts the ball into his own net. Motherwell 0-1 St Johnstone.
- 18:16 Tom Hateley concedes a free kick for a foul on Alan Maybury. Free kick taken by Liam Craig.
- 15:51 Stevie Hammell fouled by Chris Millar, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Darren Randolph.
- 14:27 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Nicky Law by David MacKay. Tom Hateley restarts play with the free kick.
- 11:53 Effort on goal by Michael Higdon from 20 yards. Alan Maybury gets a block in.
- 10:53 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Steve Jennings by Liam Craig. Darren Randolph takes the free kick.
- 8:16 Tom Hateley takes a outswinging corner to the near post, Cillian Sheridan manages to make a clearance.
- 3:53 The offside flag is raised against Francisco Sandaza. Darren Randolph takes the indirect free kick.
- 3:19 Nicky Law takes a shot. Save made by Peter Enckelman.
- 2:39 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Liam Craig.
- 1:54 Cillian Sheridan has an effort at goal from 20 yards. Save by Darren Randolph.
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier results
Scottish Premier table snapshot