Inverness CT 2 - 1 Kilmarnock
Page last updated at 16:08 GMT, Saturday, 27 August 2011 17:08 UK
A late strike from Graeme Shinnie handed Inverness a dramatic victory at home to Kilmarnock.
Gregory Tade's 25th minute header for Inverness was cancelled out by Dean Shiels' fine strike.
The Frenchman could have extended the host's lead shortly after the break but sent his header wide of the mark.
Shinnie found the net in the 89th minute with a low strike inside the Kilmarnock penalty area that evaded keeper Cammy Bell.
The win is the first of the season for Terry Butcher's side, lifting the Highlanders off the foot of the Scottish Premier League table, while Kilmarnock hang on to sixth place.
Butcher named summer signing Billy McKay as a substitute after claiming he was the 'fittest' of his injured players, but made three changes to the side who were dumped out of the League Cup midweek at Ayr.
Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels also make three changes, with defender Ryan O'Leary missing out due to a serious knee injury.
Rory McKeown could have put the visitors in front early on but his rising 30-yard shot from a short James Dayton free-kick was just off target.
Ben Hutchinson then forced an acrobatic save from Ryan Esson after Dayton played him through with Inverness on the ropes.
Tade's first goal for Caley Thistle came when he evaded his marker to connect with a superb cross from Richie Foran.
The visitors responded with an equaliser from Shiels 10 minutes later, the Northern Ireland international curling a low shot beyond a Esson from 25 yards when he was found in space by Liam Kelly.
Seconds later, Kelly appeared to be hit by an object thrown from the home fans as he celebrated the goal.
Tade almost repeated his trick from the first half with a carbon copy header that drifted across the face of the Killie goal shortly after the restart.
Shiels made his way to the right by-line and sent a ball across to Manuel Pascali who produced a header from deep inside the six-yard box that cleared the Inverness crossbar.
Kilmarnock almost took the lead when Hutchinson cashed in on a slip by Chris Hogg and bent a shot off the Inverness post.
Foran should have done better with a close-ranger header in the 71st minute when he leapt on to Aaron Doran's cross, but he steered it wide of the post and a golden opportunity was missed by Inverness to take the lead.
A late Doran free-kick was squandered when the Irish striker fired the ball straight at the Kilmarnock wall.
However, Shinnie found the winner one minute from time with a shot from deep inside the penalty area, firing in to the bottom right corner of the net.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 27 August 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Esson
- 03 Tokely
- 05 Hogg
- 16 Golobart
- 19 Shinnie yellow card
- 02 Piermayr yellow card
- 11 Ross
- 17 Morrison
- 09 Foran (Shinnie 81)
- 15 Tade yellow card (Sutherland 71)
- 23 Doran (McKay 89)
- 12 Tuffey,
- 10 Shinnie,
- 29 Laing,
- 18 Sutherland,
- 21 McKay
- 01 Bell
- 04 Fowler yellow card (Fisher 80)
- 06 Ada
- 13 Kroca
- 23 McKeown
- 08 Kelly yellow card
- 09 Buijs
- 10 Dayton
- 20 Shiels
- 29 Pascali
- 19 Hutchinson (Jorge Galan 64)
- 53 Jaakkola,
- 03 Hay,
- 26 Pursehouse,
- 28 Fisher,
- 11 Harkins,
- 22 Racchi,
- 16 Jorge Galan
- Inverness CT 50%
- Kilmarnock 50%
Attempts on target
- Inverness CT 5
- Kilmarnock 4
Attempts off target
- Inverness CT 6
- Kilmarnock 5
- Inverness CT 4
- Kilmarnock 5
- Inverness CT 17
- Kilmarnock 15
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:20 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+1:18 Danny Buijs fouled by Gavin Morrison, the ref awards a free kick. Dean Shiels restarts play with the free kick.
- 88:01 Substitution William McKay comes on in place of Aaron Doran.
- 88:01 The assist for the goal came from Andrew Shinnie.
- 88:01 GOAL - Graeme Shinnie:Inverness CT 2 - 1 Kilmarnock Graeme Shinnie scores a goal from deep inside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 2-1 Kilmarnock.
- 86:14 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Aaron Doran.
- 86:08 Gavin Morrison takes the free kick.
- 86:08 Booking Liam Kelly booked for unsporting behaviour.
- 85:36 Foul by Danny Buijs on Gavin Morrison, free kick awarded. Ryan Esson takes the direct free kick.
- 84:52 Graeme Shinnie concedes a free kick for a foul on James Dayton. Direct free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- 82:49 Foul by Liam Kelly on Andrew Shinnie, free kick awarded. Gavin Morrison restarts play with the free kick.
- 79:31 Substitution Andrew Shinnie is brought on as a substitute for Richie Foran.
- 79:31 Free kick taken by Aaron Doran.
- 79:31 Substitution Gary Fisher comes on in place of James Fowler.
- 79:31 Liam Kelly concedes a free kick for a foul on Aaron Doran.
- 78:31 James Fowler gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Aaron Doran.
- 78:24 Gavin Morrison restarts play with the free kick.
- 78:24 Booking James Fowler goes into the referee's book.
- 77:07 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by Graeme Shinnie results in a free kick.
- 76:55 Direct free kick taken by Dean Shiels.
- 76:55 Booking Graeme Shinnie is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 76:08 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Aaron Doran from the left by-line.
- 70:17 Substitution Shane Sutherland is brought on as a substitute for Gregory Tade.
- 70:17 Richie Foran produces a header from close range which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 62:36 Substitution Jorge Galan on for Ben Hutchinson.
- 62:36 Corner taken right-footed by Dean Shiels, Header from deep inside the area by Ben Hutchinson goes over the bar.
- 61:12 Ben Hutchinson produces a right-footed shot from just outside the area that hits the post. Free kick awarded for a foul by Ross Tokely on Rory McKeown. Dean Shiels restarts play with the free kick.
- 58:27 Foul by Chris Hogg on James Dayton, free kick awarded. Strike comes in from Ben Hutchinson from the free kick, save by Ryan Esson.
- 57:00 Danny Buijs fouled by Graeme Shinnie, the ref awards a free kick. The free kick is delivered right-footed by James Dayton from right wing, Richie Foran challenges Rory McKeown unfairly and gives away a free kick. James Fowler takes the free kick.
- 55:26 Free kick crossed by Dean Shiels, Chris Hogg makes a clearance.
- 55:26 Booking Gregory Tade goes into the book.
- 55:17 Free kick awarded for a foul by Gregory Tade on Rory McKeown.
- 52:46 James Dayton gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Roman Golobart. Free kick taken by Ryan Esson.
- 50:57 Aaron Doran fouled by Danny Buijs, the ref awards a free kick. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Aaron Doran from left wing, Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 49:51 Corner taken by Dean Shiels from the right by-line, Manuel Pascali produces a header from deep inside the six-yard box that clears the crossbar.
- 48:45 Richie Foran fouled by Patrick Ada, the ref awards a free kick. Aaron Doran takes the free kick.
- 48:20 Aaron Doran has a shot on goal from outside the area which misses left.
- 46:10 Close range header by Gregory Tade misses to the right of the goal.
- 45:28 James Dayton takes a shot. Save made by Ryan Esson. James Dayton takes the inswinging corner, clearance by Thomas Piermayr.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:05 The referee blows for half time.
- 43:50 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on James Fowler by Richie Foran. Direct free kick taken by Liam Kelly.
- 42:12 Ben Hutchinson takes a shot. Save made by Ryan Esson. Corner taken right-footed by James Dayton, clearance made by Ross Tokely.
- 41:26 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Dean Shiels by Chris Hogg. Direct free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- Correction - 39:49 Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Rory McKeown.
- Correction - 39:49 Booking Caution for Thomas Piermayr.
- 39:49 Rory McKeown produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 39:49 Booking Booking for Chris Hogg for unsporting behaviour.
- Correction - 39:43 Free kick awarded for a foul by Thomas Piermayr on Dean Shiels.
- 39:43 Chris Hogg concedes a free kick for a foul on Dean Shiels.
- 37:12 Foul by Manuel Pascali on Gregory Tade, free kick awarded. The free kick is swung in right-footed by Aaron Doran, Rory McKeown makes a clearance.
- 36:04 Handball decision goes against Nick Ross. Dean Shiels takes the free kick.
- 35:20 The assistant referee signals for offside against Ben Hutchinson. Roman Golobart restarts play with the free kick.
- 34:07 Assist on the goal came from Ben Hutchinson.
- 34:07 GOAL - Dean Shiels:Inverness CT 1 - 1 Kilmarnock Dean Shiels fires in a goal from outside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 1-1 Kilmarnock.
- 30:14 Unfair challenge on Danny Buijs by Gavin Morrison results in a free kick. Rory McKeown crosses the ball in from the free kick, Danny Buijs concedes a free kick for a foul on Thomas Piermayr. Ryan Esson restarts play with the free kick.
- 29:07 Free kick awarded for a foul by Danny Buijs on Graeme Shinnie. Roman Golobart takes the direct free kick.
- 25:10 Richie Foran provided the assist for the goal.
- 25:10 GOAL - Gregory Tade:Inverness CT 1 - 0 Kilmarnock Gregory Tade grabs a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Inverness CT 1-0 Kilmarnock.
- 23:24 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Aaron Doran by Patrick Ada. Gavin Morrison produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 22:54 Foul by Nick Ross on Liam Kelly, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- 19:12 Manuel Pascali challenges Nick Ross unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Gavin Morrison.
- 17:52 Manuel Pascali fouled by Graeme Shinnie, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- 17:02 Gregory Tade takes a shot. Save by Cameron Bell. Foul by Thomas Piermayr on Rory McKeown, free kick awarded. Rory McKeown takes the free kick.
- 16:39 Thomas Piermayr takes a shot. Save by Cameron Bell.
- 16:03 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 14:53 Graeme Shinnie produces a right-footed shot from outside the penalty box and misses left.
- 12:27 Corner taken right-footed by James Dayton, Zdenek Kroca has an effort at goal from just inside the box that misses to the left of the target.
- 9:09 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Aaron Doran. Aaron Doran decides to take a short corner, Thomas Piermayr takes a shot from deep inside the box clearing the bar.
- 7:27 Foul by Rory McKeown on Thomas Piermayr, free kick awarded. Ryan Esson takes the free kick.
- 7:08 Richie Foran gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on James Fowler. Direct free kick taken by James Fowler.
- 5:39 Foul by Patrick Ada on Gregory Tade, free kick awarded. Free kick crossed right-footed by Aaron Doran, Ben Hutchinson manages to make a clearance. The referee blows for offside against Gregory Tade. Cameron Bell takes the indirect free kick.
- 3:05 Outswinging corner taken by Aaron Doran, Shot from just outside the box by Nick Ross goes over the bar.
- 0:30 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Rory McKeown by Gavin Morrison. Direct free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to start the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier results
Scottish Premier table snapshot