Dunfermline 3-3 Inverness CT
Page last updated at 16:05 GMT, Saturday, 6 August 2011 17:05 UK
Martin Hardie's superb curling 30-yard free-kick in stoppage time saved a point for the Pars against Inverness.
Andy Kirk's neat finish put Dunfermline deservedly ahead after 26 minutes.
Greg Tansey's low drive deflected past keeper Paul Gallacher two minutes after the break as Inverness levelled, but Kirk headed a reply five minutes later.
Jonny Hayes pounced when Gallacher spilled a shot on 76 minutes then Tansey headed in seven minutes later before Hardie's late equaliser.
It was a point Dunfermline thoroughly merited but leaves the Fifers still looking for a win over the Highland outfit in 11 games.
Inverness boss Terry Butcher hoped to have bolstered his defence by the re-signing of Chris Hogg, who came into the side along with winger Aaron Doran in place of Nick Ross and Tom Aldred.
But the visiting rearguard was quickly exposed after Joe Cardle floated a corner to the back post.
Veteran midfielder Hardie, who returned to the starting line-up in place of Andy Dowie after last weekend's struggle to defeat Annan Athletic 2-1 in the Scottish Communities League Cup, volleyed into the six yard box.
Andrew Barrowman looked certain to score against his former club as he divered the effort towards goal, but goalkeeper Ryan Esson somehow clawed the ball off the goalline.
Caley Thistle at last forced a save from Gallacher after 25 minutes from a curling Tansey free kick that the goalkeeper made a bit of a meal of as he pushed it clear.
The Pars responded and Kirk slipped the ball past Esson after a high up-and-under from Hardie was headed on by Barrowman.
Caley Thistle suffered another blow after 38 minutes when defender Kenny Gillet was stretchered off after a clash of heads with Austin McCann.
With David Proctor as their replacement, a groggy Inverness survived until half time without further punishment as Dunfermline continued to dominate proceedings.
However, Inverness were level within two minutes of the re-start when Tansey tricked his way clear of two Dunfermline players and the midfielder's low drive deflected off Alex Keddie and over the despairing Gallacher.
Dunfermline were quickly back in front when Cardle squandered a chance to shoot at the back post but was allowed to send in a cross that found Kirk unmarked eight yards out to head past Esson.
Inverness ought to have been level when Richie Foran won a challenge with goalkeeper Gallacher and his head flick appeared to be heading over the line before Gregory Tade turned the ball in only to be ruled offside.
They were back level after Gallacher fumbled a deflected drive from Owain Tudur Jones and Hayes prodded home from six yards.
Inverness were ahead when Foran rose at the back post and his header across goal was force home by Tansey.
However, Hardie's value as a set-piece specialist came to the Pars' rescue as they began their return to Scotland's top flight with two home draws.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 6 August 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Gallacher
- 02 Thomson yellow card
- 03 McCann
- 06 Keddie
- 16 Potter
- 04 Mason (Graham 84)
- 07 Cardle
- 08 Hardie
- 17 Burns
- 09 Barrowman yellow card
- 10 Kirk (McDougall 75)
- 20 Smith,
- 14 Dowie,
- 22 Willis,
- 23 Thomson,
- 39 Young,
- 11 Graham,
- 12 McDougall
- 01 Esson
- 03 Tokely yellow card
- 05 Hogg
- 22 Gillet (Proctor 39) (Aldred 60)
- 02 Piermayr yellow card
- 04 Tudur-Jones
- 07 Hayes
- 08 Tansey yellow card
- 09 Foran
- 15 Tade
- 23 Doran (Ross 74)
- 12 Tuffey,
- 14 Proctor,
- 20 Aldred,
- 10 Shinnie,
- 11 Ross,
- 17 Morrison,
- 18 Sutherland
- Dunfermline 55%
- Inverness CT 45%
Attempts on target
- Dunfermline 3
- Inverness CT 3
Attempts off target
- Dunfermline 1
- Inverness CT 0
- Dunfermline 7
- Inverness CT 7
- Dunfermline 12
- Inverness CT 12
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:04 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+1:28 Austin McCann takes the free kick.
- 90:00+1:28 Booking Booking for Greg Tansey for unsporting behaviour.
- 90:00+1:19 Foul by Greg Tansey on Martin Hardie, free kick awarded.
- 90:00+0:24 David Graham fouled by Chris Hogg, the ref awards a free kick.
- 89:38 GOAL - Martin Hardie:Dunfermline 3 - 3 Inverness CT Martin Hardie hits the back of the net with a goal direct from the free kick from a long way out to the top left corner of the goal. Dunfermline 3-3 Inverness CT.
- 87:14 Jason Thomson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Gregory Tade. Jonathan Hayes takes the direct free kick.
- 84:36 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Jonathan Hayes.
- 83:58 Substitution (Dunfermline) makes a substitution, with David Graham coming on for Gary Mason.
- 82:08 Assist on the goal came from Richie Foran.
- 82:08 GOAL - Greg Tansey:Dunfermline 2 - 3 Inverness CT Greg Tansey finds the back of the net with a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Dunfermline 2-3 Inverness CT.
- 81:01 Unfair challenge on Greg Tansey by Jason Thomson results in a free kick. Chris Hogg takes the direct free kick.
- 80:49 Joe Cardle is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Ryan Esson takes the free kick.
- 80:15 Outswinging corner taken by Steven McDougall from the right by-line, clearance by Richie Foran.
- 79:21 Free kick awarded for a foul by Tom Aldred on Andrew Barrowman. Paul Gallacher takes the direct free kick.
- 78:15 Ryan Esson takes the direct free kick.
- 78:15 Booking Andrew Barrowman is given a yellow card.
- 78:07 Free kick awarded for a foul by Andrew Barrowman on Thomas Piermayr.
- 75:06 Assist on the goal came from Owain Tudur Jones.
- 75:06 GOAL - Jonathan Hayes:Dunfermline 2 - 2 Inverness CT Jonathan Hayes finds the back of the net with a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Dunfermline 2-2 Inverness CT.
- 74:18 Substitution Steven McDougall comes on in place of Andy Kirk.
- 73:04 Substitution Aaron Doran goes off and Nick Ross comes on.
- 70:50 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Joe Cardle from the right by-line, Thomas Piermayr manages to make a clearance.
- 68:29 Jonathan Hayes takes the inswinging corner, clearance made by Martin Hardie.
- 68:11 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Chris Hogg by Andrew Barrowman. Ryan Esson takes the free kick.
- 67:50 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Paul Gallacher by Ross Tokely. Paul Gallacher takes the free kick.
- 64:33 Corner taken short by Richie Foran.
- 64:00 Andrew Barrowman challenges Chris Hogg unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ryan Esson.
- 63:25 Inswinging corner taken by Gregory Tade.
- 60:41 Greg Tansey concedes a free kick for a foul on Paul Burns. Direct free kick taken by Joe Cardle.
- 59:20 Substitution David Proctor leaves the field to be replaced by Tom Aldred.
- 57:37 Corner taken by Joe Cardle.
- 56:40 David Proctor challenges Joe Cardle unfairly and gives away a free kick. Austin McCann takes the free kick.
- 53:35 Outswinging corner taken by Aaron Doran from the right by-line, clearance made by Austin McCann.
- 52:30 Joe Cardle crosses the ball,
- 51:59 Assist by Joe Cardle.
- 51:59 GOAL - Andy Kirk:Dunfermline 2 - 1 Inverness CT Andy Kirk grabs a headed goal from close in. Dunfermline 2-1 Inverness CT.
- 50:00 The official flags Richie Foran offside. Paul Gallacher takes the free kick.
- 49:08 Corner taken by Joe Cardle, Richie Foran makes a clearance.
- 48:48 Corner taken by Joe Cardle, clearance made by Greg Tansey.
- 48:15 Booking Thomas Piermayr is shown a yellow card.
- 45:55 GOAL - Greg Tansey:Dunfermline 1 - 1 Inverness CT Greg Tansey scores a goal from just inside the area to the top left corner of the goal. Dunfermline 1-1 Inverness CT.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:09 It is the end of the first-half.
- 45:00+1:35 David Proctor gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Andy Kirk. Free kick taken by Joe Cardle.
- 42:36 Corner taken by Jonathan Hayes from the right by-line, save by Paul Gallacher.
- 38:34 Substitution David Proctor is brought on as a substitute for Kenny Gillet.
- 32:05 Centre by Andrew Barrowman.
- 31:24 Aaron Doran concedes a free kick for a foul on Gary Mason. Jason Thomson takes the free kick.
- 29:55 Richie Foran challenges Jason Thomson unfairly and gives away a free kick. Paul Gallacher takes the direct free kick.
- 29:06 Kenny Gillet takes the free kick.
- 29:06 Booking Jason Thomson booked for unsporting behaviour.
- 28:35 Jonathan Hayes fouled by Jason Thomson, the ref awards a free kick.
- Correction - 27:13 Corner taken right-footed by Aaron Doran from the right by-line, clearance made by Alex Keddie.
- 27:13 Corner taken right-footed by Thomas Piermayr, clearance by Alex Keddie.
- 26:00 Assist by Andrew Barrowman.
- 26:00 GOAL - Andy Kirk:Dunfermline 1 - 0 Inverness CT Andy Kirk grabs a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Dunfermline 1-0 Inverness CT.
- 25:18 Effort from the edge of the box by Paul Burns goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 24:35 The official flags Gregory Tade offside. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 23:10 Unfair challenge on Greg Tansey by Gary Mason results in a free kick. Greg Tansey takes the direct free kick.
- 20:39 Richie Foran is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 19:48 Foul by Andrew Barrowman on Ross Tokely, free kick awarded. Ryan Esson takes the direct free kick.
- 18:03 The ball is crossed by Kenny Gillet.
- 12:52 Martin Hardie takes the free kick.
- 12:52 Booking Ross Tokely shown a yellow card.
- 12:38 Ross Tokely challenges Joe Cardle unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 11:47 Martin Hardie gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Richie Foran. Aaron Doran takes the direct free kick.
- 11:10 Andrew Barrowman concedes a free kick for a foul on Ross Tokely. Ryan Esson takes the direct free kick.
- 9:03 Alex Keddie concedes a free kick for a foul on Ross Tokely. Ryan Esson takes the direct free kick.
- 7:39 Alex Keddie challenges Richie Foran unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Kenny Gillet.
- 4:39 Corner from the right by-line taken by Joe Cardle, Ross Tokely manages to make a clearance.
- 3:43 Owain Tudur Jones challenges Gary Mason unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Paul Gallacher.
- 2:27 Corner taken by Joe Cardle from the right by-line.
- 1:21 Foul by Jonathan Hayes on Austin McCann, free kick awarded. Paul Gallacher takes the direct free kick.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier table snapshot