Dundee Utd 1-1 Kilmarnock
Page last updated at 15:55 GMT, Sunday, 24 July 2011 16:55 UK
Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Kilmarnock
Dundee United fought back to claim a draw against Kilmarnock as both sides settled for a point in their opening Scottish Premier League fixture.
David Goodwillie fired wide of the Killie goal from six yards in the first half and Gary Harkins missed a couple of chances for the visitors.
Rory McKeown fired Kilmarnock in front with a stunning 25-yard strike just after the interval.
But substitute Danny Swanson volleyed United level 20 minutes from the end.
Goodwillie had a late chance to steal victory for the home side but the striker was foiled by goalkeeper Cammy Bell's superb save.
The result means Kenny Shiels is still looking for his first win as Kilmarnock manager, having made his position permanent following a caretaker spell towards the end of last season.
McKeown, Patrick Ada, Gary Harkins, Zdenek Kroca and Ben Hutchinson were all handed competitive debuts for the visitors and it was the more familiar looking United side who were prominent early on.
John Rankin's half-volley flew wide and Stuart Armstrong could not get enough purchase on his shot as the Tangerines pressed.
At the other end, James Dayton dragged a shot wide after getting the better of Paul Dixon.
Goodwillie met Dixon's cross but contrived to send his effort the wrong side of the post.
Harkins tested home keeper Dusan Pernis from close range and the midfielder's follow-up effort was blocked by his own team-mate Manuel Pascali.
McKeown opened the second half with a fierce drive from distance that beat Pernis and put the Ayrshire side ahead.
Jon Daly had a couple of headed efforts, one blocked by Ada near the line, as United searched for parity.
But Swanson, who had replaced Johnny Russell, did find the net when his rebound shot from his initial blocked free-kick beat Bell from 20 yards.
And Goodwillie had an excellent chance in injury time after being sent through on goal by Daly but Bell came to Kilmarnock's rescue.
Live text and stats
Sunday, 24 July 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Pernis
- 02 Dillon
- 03 Dixon
- 12 Watson yellow card
- 14 Douglas (Mackay-Steven 62)
- 06 Flood
- 11 Rankin
- 16 Armstrong (Kenneth 46)
- 07 Goodwillie
- 09 Daly
- 15 Russell (Swanson 57)
- 13 Banks,
- 05 Kenneth,
- 04 Severin,
- 10 Swanson,
- 17 Mackay-Steven,
- 20 Allan,
- 22 Dow
- 01 Bell
- 02 Clancy
- 04 Fowler
- 06 Ada
- 13 Kroca
- 23 McKeown (Hay 72)
- 08 Kelly
- 10 Dayton yellow card
- 11 Harkins (Silva 65)
- 29 Pascali
- 19 Hutchinson
- 17 Letheren,
- 03 Hay,
- 05 O'Leary,
- 26 Pursehouse,
- 28 Fisher,
- 07 Silva,
- 21 Gross
- Dundee Utd 60%
- Kilmarnock 40%
Attempts on target
- Dundee Utd 4
- Kilmarnock 4
Attempts off target
- Dundee Utd 7
- Kilmarnock 5
- Dundee Utd 13
- Kilmarnock 10
- Dundee Utd 7
- Kilmarnock 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:00 The match has reached full-time.
- 90:00+2:49 David Silva sends in a cross, Dusan Pernis makes a save.
- 90:00+2:43 The ball is crossed by David Silva, Paul Dixon makes a clearance.
- 90:00+2:20 Corner taken by David Silva from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 90:00+0:35 Corner from the right by-line taken by Liam Kelly, clearance made by Garry Kenneth.
- 89:55 James Dayton takes the inswinging corner, clearance by John Rankin.
- 89:16 Unfair challenge on Willo Flood by Liam Kelly results in a free kick. Willo Flood restarts play with the free kick.
- 86:57 Effort on goal by James Dayton from outside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 86:20 Effort from long range by James Fowler goes wide right of the target.
- Correction - 85:36 Corner taken by Liam Kelly from the right by-line, Zdenek Kroca takes a shot. Garry Kenneth gets a block in.
- 85:36 Corner taken by Liam Kelly, Zdenek Kroca takes a shot. Blocked by Garry Kenneth.
- 85:03 Corner taken short by James Dayton.
- 83:54 Effort on goal by Garry Kenneth from a long way out goes over the bar.
- 81:08 Corner taken by James Dayton, clearance by Keith Watson.
- 80:03 Corner from the right by-line taken by John Rankin, Garry Kenneth takes a shot. Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 79:09 Shot from just outside the box by Daniel Swanson goes over the crossbar.
- 78:05 Effort on goal by David Silva from outside the box goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 76:37 The ball is delivered by Willo Flood, clearance by Garry Hay.
- 76:16 Willo Flood takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 71:04 Free kick awarded for a foul by Manuel Pascali on David Goodwillie. Free kick taken by Willo Flood.
- 71:04 Substitution Garry Hay is brought on as a substitute for Rory McKeown.
- 69:20 GOAL - Daniel Swanson:Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Kilmarnock A goal is scored by Daniel Swanson from just outside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Dundee Utd 1-1 Kilmarnock.
- 68:14 Patrick Ada gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jon Daly. Shot comes in from Daniel Swanson from the free kick.
- 66:54 Free kick awarded for a foul by Paul Dixon on James Fowler. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 66:09 James Dayton produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the target.
- 64:24 Substitution David Silva is brought on as a substitute for Gary Harkins.
- 63:32 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Willo Flood from the right by-line to the near post, clearance made by Patrick Ada.
- Correction - 63:00 Corner taken by Willo Flood, Jon Daly takes a shot. Patrick Ada makes a clearance.
- 63:00 Outswinging corner taken by Willo Flood, Jon Daly takes a shot. Clearance by Patrick Ada.
- 62:25 Corner from right by-line taken by Willo Flood.
- 61:05 Substitution (Dundee Utd) makes a substitution, with Gary Mackay-Steven coming on for Barry Douglas.
- 59:45 Inswinging corner taken by Barry Douglas, clearance made by Manuel Pascali.
- 58:41 Unfair challenge on Keith Watson by Gary Harkins results in a free kick. Keith Watson takes the direct free kick.
- 56:32 Substitution Daniel Swanson joins the action as a substitute, replacing Johnny Russell.
- 54:16 Inswinging corner taken by Willo Flood, clearance made by Manuel Pascali.
- 53:35 Sean Dillon fouled by Liam Kelly, the ref awards a free kick. Willo Flood takes the free kick.
- 53:04 Unfair challenge on Rory McKeown by Johnny Russell results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 51:30 Foul by Keith Watson on Patrick Ada, free kick awarded. Manuel Pascali takes the direct free kick.
- 51:30 Booking Keith Watson goes into the referee's book.
- 50:40 Corner taken by Willo Flood from the right by-line.
- 49:09 Booking Caution for James Dayton.
- 47:33 Headed effort from deep inside the area by Jon Daly misses to the right of the target.
- 46:00 GOAL - Rory McKeown:Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Kilmarnock Rory McKeown fires in a goal from long distance to the top left corner of the goal. Dundee Utd 0-1 Kilmarnock.
- 45:25 Corner from the right by-line taken by Liam Kelly, Barry Douglas makes a clearance.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- 45:01 Substitution Garry Kenneth replaces Stuart Armstrong.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:50 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 45:00+0:03 Patrick Ada concedes a free kick for a foul on David Goodwillie. Barry Douglas delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from left channel, clearance made by Zdenek Kroca.
- 43:50 Corner taken left-footed by Willo Flood, Patrick Ada manages to make a clearance.
- 41:23 Effort from the edge of the area by Johnny Russell goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 39:25 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on James Dayton by Paul Dixon. Manuel Pascali takes the direct free kick.
- 36:10 Corner taken left-footed by Willo Flood from the right by-line, clearance made by Patrick Ada.
- 35:08 Corner taken by Liam Kelly from the right by-line.
- 33:14 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by James Dayton, Gary Harkins takes a shot. Save by Dusan Pernis.
- 32:09 Short corner taken by Willo Flood, Liam Kelly makes a clearance.
- 31:10 Gary Harkins takes a shot. Save by Dusan Pernis.
- 28:54 Corner taken by Liam Kelly.
- 25:26 Unfair challenge on Willo Flood by Gary Harkins results in a free kick. Willo Flood crosses the ball, Headed effort from inside the area by Keith Watson misses to the left of the target.
- 24:50 Inswinging corner taken by Willo Flood from the right by-line, clearance by Manuel Pascali.
- 19:31 The ball is swung over by Paul Dixon, Close range effort by David Goodwillie misses to the right of the goal.
- 16:34 Close range effort by James Dayton goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 13:43 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by John Rankin results in a free kick. Liam Kelly takes the direct free kick.
- 10:57 Unfair challenge on Gary Harkins by Keith Watson results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Manuel Pascali.
- 7:38 Shot from outside the box by John Rankin misses to the left of the target.
- 7:13 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Willo Flood, clearance by Patrick Ada.
- 2:51 Barry Douglas fouled by James Fowler, the ref awards a free kick. Paul Dixon takes the free kick.
- 1:43 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by John Rankin results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Liam Kelly.
- 0:00 The game begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Scottish Premier table snapshot