With the 2008/09 campaign at a close it's time for goal of the season.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets plus travel to watch a Premier League team of your choice, we wanted you to use your skill and judgement to try to match the Match of the Day panel's favourite goal from this season.
The winning strike was GOAL 4, Glen Johnson's stunning effort for Portsmouth against Hull on 22 November.
The first person chosen at random with the correct answer was Mr Karl Harborne from Nuneaton, who has chosen to see a Manchester United match.
GOAL OF THE SEASON
PORTSMOUTH v Hull City (22 November)
Public winner: Mr Karl Harborne from Nuneaton
GOAL OF THE MONTH - APRIL
Fernando Torres (first goal)
LIVERPOOL v Blackburn (11 April)
Public winner: Mr Thomas A Fearnhead from Birkenhead
GOAL OF THE MONTH - MARCH
Wigan v WEST HAM (4 March)
Public winner: Mr David Pick from Warrington
GOAL OF THE MONTH - FEBRUARY
West Ham v MAN UTD (8 February)
Public winner: Mr David Waites from East Yorkshire
GOAL OF THE MONTH - JANUARY
West Ham v FULHAM (18 January)
Public winner: Mr Tom Sykes from Sheffield
GOAL OF THE MONTH - DECEMBER
Robin van Persie
ARSENAL v Liverpool (21 December)
Public winner: Barry Petrisor from Luton
GOAL OF THE MONTH - NOVEMBER
PORTSMOUTH v Hull City (22 November)
Public winner: Selwyn Houareau from Reading, Berkshire
GOAL OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER
Arsenal v TOTTENHAM (29 October)
Public winner: Alistair Maclean from Midlothian
GOAL OF THE MONTH - SEPTEMBER
Arsenal v HULL CITY (27 September)
Public winner: Paul Corbally from Blackburn
GOAL OF THE MONTH - AUGUST
STOKE CITY v Aston Villa (23 August)
Public winner: Doreen Clement from Essex
Goal of the Month terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, except BBC employees and anyone connected with the competition. Proof of identity may be requested.
15. This competition is administered by the BBC and is subject to the law of England and Wales.
2. The Goal of the Month competition is broadcast monthly and the Goal of the Season and Save of the Season competitions are each broadcast once during the Match of the Day programmes which run throughout the football season.
3. Entrants have to use skill and judgment to decide which of the goals or saves featured in the competition is the one chosen by the judges as the best. The judges will base their choice on such matters as technical prowess, aesthetic quality and dramatic impact made.
4. Entry to the competition is by calling or texting the numbers given out on the programme. Each phone call will cost 15p from a BT landline. Calls from other operators or mobiles may be higher. Callers must have the bill payer's consent. Texts will be charged at the standard network rate. If you have entered via text, you will be sent a confirmation text if your entry has been received in time. This confirmation message will not cost the user. If a text entrant does not text correctly, then they will not receive a confirmation message as they will not have been entered into the competition. An incorrect sms entry will still be charged at the operators' standard rate. Opening and closing times for calling or texting will be stated during the programme. Calls made outside those times will not count as entries and may be charged.
5. All telephone entrants must supply their daytime telephone number.
6. The winning entrant will be the first eligible and correct entry selected at random after the closing time.
7. The prize for each competition consists of one pair of tickets to the Premier League team of the winner's choice. A winner under 16 years of age must be accompanied to the match by an adult. Neither the winner nor guest can be subject to any order banning them from attending a football match. The BBC reserves the right to substitute a suitable alternative prize if deemed necessary. Reasonable transport costs for the winner and guest to and from the venue will be reimbursed.
8. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
9. The BBC's decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified within 2 days of the close of the competition on the number used for the competition. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made the BBC reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future BBC competition.
11. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
12. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent or inaudible. The BBC also reserves the right to cancel a competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
13. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
Goal of the month is conducted in line with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitons and Voting:
Competitions and voting are never run to make a profit for the BBC.
Phone costs to Premium Rate Number 0901:
BT Land Line: 15p
ppc = Pence per call
This table is provided for indicative purposes only. Information provided by mobile network operators (08 August 2008). For up to date information it is always advisable to check direct with your network operator.