AFC Totton 8 - 1 Bradford PA
Page last updated at 17:09 GMT, Saturday, 12 November 2011
AFC Totton tore apart nine-man Bradford Park Avenue to progress to round two.
The visitors had Richard Marshall sent off before Jonathan Davies's drive and a Michael Gosney penalty made it 2-0.
Adam Clayton pulled one back from close range before a Michael Charles tap in, Gosney's neat strike and substitute Stefan Brown's finish made it 5-1.
Martin Drury then saw red for Bradford, but Totton showed no mercy as Brown scored twice to complete his hat-trick and Davies finished the scoring.
The Southern Premier Division side started brightly and their cause was aided by Marshall's red card for violent conduct.
Davies gave the hosts the lead when his angled cross-shot caught out visiting keeper John Lamb.
Gosney doubled their lead from the spot after Nathaniel Sherborne was fouled in the area by Ross Daly.
DID YOU KNOWContinue reading the main story
The seven-goal defeat is Bradford Park Avenue's heaviest in the competition.
The hosts' celebrations were shortlived however as the Northern Premier Division side pulled themselves back into the tie when Clayton poked home Martin Drury's free-kick.
Charles reinstated Totton's two-goal lead when he swept home after neat approach play and Gosney completed his brace with a lovely finish from Davies's centre.
The influential Gosney then broke through the beleaguered Bradford defence before setting up Brown to make it 5-1.
Drury's red card for a second bookable offence moments later left the Avenue hanging on for the final whistle.
The hosts were not in a charitable mood however and Brown finished Mark Osman's cut-back before notching his treble after a flick-on from fellow sub Osman.
Davies ended the rout with a firmly struck left-footed effort from the edge of the box in the last minute.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
AFC Totton manager Stuart Ritchie told BBC Radio Solent:
"I thought it would be a tight game and they are a good side but our effective players really hurt them and they couldn't handle us.
"I'm so proud of the whole club, it's a massive achievement and long may it continue.
"Hopefully we can get a good draw, get the cameras in and bring some serious money in."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 12 November 2011
The FA Cup
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
|AFC Totton||8-1||Bradford PA||FT|
- 01 Porter
- 03 Baddeley
- 05 Whisken
- 02 Hill
- 04 Campbell
- 06 Scott (Richardson 75)
- 07 Pettefer
- 08 Davies
- 11 Gosney
- 09 Sherborne yellow card (Osman 66)
- 10 Charles yellow card (Brown 55)
- 16 Richardson,
- 17 Lewis,
- 18 Oldring,
- 12 Coutts,
- 14 Osman,
- 15 Brown
- 01 Lamb
- 03 Drury two yellow cards, red card
- 06 Riley
- 02 Clayton
- 04 O'Brien
- 05 Iqbal
- 07 Daly yellow card (Deacey 45+4)
- 08 Hotte
- 11 Boshell (Beadle 23 yellow card)
- 09 Marshall red card
- 10 Greaves (Ahmed 68)
- 18 Lydon,
- 16 Knowles,
- 12 Ahmed,
- 13 Deacey,
- 14 Beadle,
- 17 Duckworth,
- 15 Law
- AFC Totton 54%
- Bradford PA 46%
Attempts on target
- AFC Totton 12
- Bradford PA 5
Attempts off target
- AFC Totton 6
- Bradford PA 5
- AFC Totton 2
- Bradford PA 4
- AFC Totton 8
- Bradford PA 13
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:39 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+3:45 Carl Pettefer provided the assist for the goal.
- 90:00+3:45 GOAL - Jonathan Davies:AFC Totton 8 - 1 Bradford PA Jonathan Davies finds the net with a goal from the edge of the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. AFC Totton 8-1 Bradford P A.
- 90:00+3:00 Jonathan Davies takes a shot. John Lamb makes a save.
- 82:46 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Mike Gosney, Headed effort from deep inside the area by Jamie Whisken misses to the right of the goal.
- 81:09 Ryan Hill restarts play with the free kick, Effort on goal by Adam Clayton from just outside the area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 81:09 Booking The referee shows Jimmy Beadle a yellow card.
- 80:31 Mike Gosney fouled by Jimmy Beadle, the ref awards a free kick.
- 78:40 The assist for the goal came from Mark Osman.
- 78:40 GOAL - Stefan Brown:AFC Totton 7 - 1 Bradford PA Stefan Brown grabs a goal from inside the area low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 7-1 Bradford P A.
- 78:08 The official flags Jimmy Beadle offside. Free kick taken by Grant Porter.
- 76:53 Outswinging corner taken left-footed by Mike Gosney from the left by-line.
- 74:29 Outswinging corner taken by Jordan Deacey, Jonathan Davies fouled by Nathan Hotte, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Grant Porter.
- 74:29 Substitution Ian Richardson is brought on as a substitute for Ryan Scott.
- 74:29 Jimmy Beadle takes a shot. Save by Grant Porter.
- 73:20 Assist by Mark Osman.
- 73:20 GOAL - Stefan Brown:AFC Totton 6 - 1 Bradford PA Stefan Brown grabs a goal from inside the penalty area to the top right corner of the goal. AFC Totton 6-1 Bradford P A.
- 72:43 Close range header by Mike Gosney goes over the crossbar.
- 67:11 Substitution Adnan Ahmed comes on in place of Tom Greaves.
- 65:15 Substitution Nathaniel Sherborne goes off and Mark Osman comes on.
- 64:58 Sent off Martin Drury sent off.
- 63:10 The assist for the goal came from Mike Gosney.
- 63:10 GOAL - Stefan Brown:AFC Totton 5 - 1 Bradford PA Stefan Brown scores a goal from inside the six-yard box low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 5-1 Bradford P A.
- 61:58 The free kick is swung in left-footed by Mike Gosney, clearance made by Nathan Hotte.
- 61:58 Booking Booking for Martin Drury.
- 61:44 Martin Drury gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jonathan Davies.
- 60:14 Jimmy Beadle takes a shot. Save by Grant Porter.
- 58:43 Stefan Brown concedes a free kick for a foul on Jordan Deacey. Free kick taken by Amjad Iqbal.
- 56:05 The ball is crossed by Rob O'Brien, save made by Grant Porter.
- 54:55 Substitution Stefan Brown replaces Michael Charles.
- 52:33 Tom Greaves takes a shot. Save made by Grant Porter.
- 51:13 Assist by Michael Charles.
- 51:13 GOAL - Mike Gosney:AFC Totton 4 - 1 Bradford PA Mike Gosney fires in a goal from deep inside the penalty box low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 4-1 Bradford P A.
- 50:03 James Riley challenges Nathaniel Sherborne unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ryan Hill.
- 49:40 The assistant referee signals for offside against Michael Charles. John Lamb restarts play with the free kick.
- 46:43 John Lamb takes the direct free kick.
- 46:43 Booking Michael Charles is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 46:24 Free kick awarded for a foul by Michael Charles on John Lamb.
- Correction - 45:22 Jonathan Davies fouled by Martin Drury, the ref awards a free kick. Mike Gosney produces a strike on goal direct from the free kick, save by John Lamb.
- 45:22 Martin Drury concedes a free kick for a foul on Jonathan Davies. Mike Gosney restarts play with the free kick.
- 45:01 The second half begins.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:04 The half-time whistle blows.
- 45:00+3:02 Substitution Jordan Deacey comes on in place of Ross Daly.
- 45:00+1:50 Corner from the left by-line taken by Rob O'Brien, save by Grant Porter.
- 45:00 Header from deep inside the area by Nathaniel Sherborne goes over the bar.
- 43:12 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Mike Gosney by Rob O'Brien. Ryan Hill has a direct shot on goal from the free kick, John Lamb makes a comfortable save. Headed effort on goal by Tom Greaves from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the goal.
- 39:41 Ross Daly challenges Jonathan Davies unfairly and gives away a free kick. Ryan Hill restarts play with the free kick.
- 38:29 Mike Gosney has a shot on goal from outside the area which misses left.
- 36:38 Nathaniel Sherborne fouled by Martin Drury, the ref awards a free kick. Mike Gosney has an effort direct from the free kick, save by John Lamb.
- 35:03 Corner taken by Martin Drury, Nathan Hotte has a header from close range and clears the crossbar.
- 34:46 Free kick awarded for a foul by Carl Pettefer on Ross Daly. Ross Daly takes the free kick.
- 33:21 Rob O'Brien takes a shot. Grant Porter makes a save.
- 31:59 Assist by Nathaniel Sherborne.
- 31:59 GOAL - Michael Charles:AFC Totton 3 - 1 Bradford PA Michael Charles fires in a goal from close in low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 3-1 Bradford P A.
- 29:47 Assist by Martin Drury.
- 29:47 GOAL - Adam Clayton:AFC Totton 2 - 1 Bradford PA A goal is scored by Adam Clayton from close range low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 2-1 Bradford P A.
- 29:16 Foul by Ryan Scott on Rob O'Brien, free kick awarded. Martin Drury restarts play with the free kick.
- 28:26 The assist for the goal came from Nathaniel Sherborne.
- 28:26 GOAL - Mike Gosney:AFC Totton 2 - 0 Bradford PA Placed penalty scored by Mike Gosney. AFC Totton 2-0 Bradford P A.
- 26:49 Booking Ross Daly booked.
- 26:28 Foul by Ross Daly on Nathaniel Sherborne, Penalty awarded.
- 25:26 Foul by Michael Charles on James Riley, free kick awarded. John Lamb takes the free kick.
- 24:36 Rob O'Brien takes a long range shot clearing the crossbar.
- 23:00 Jimmy Beadle produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 22:28 Substitution Jimmy Beadle replaces Nicky Boshell.
- 19:54 Foul by James Riley on Nathaniel Sherborne, free kick awarded. Ryan Hill takes the direct free kick.
- 16:50 Tom Baddeley delivers the ball, save by John Lamb.
- 15:53 Free kick taken by John Lamb.
- 15:53 Booking Nathaniel Sherborne is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 15:47 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Martin Drury by Nathaniel Sherborne.
- 15:24 Tom Greaves is caught offside. Free kick taken by Grant Porter.
- 14:24 Free kick awarded for a foul by Tom Greaves on Tom Baddeley. Ryan Hill produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick, John Lamb makes a comfortable save.
- 12:07 Assist on the goal came from Michael Charles.
- 12:07 GOAL - Jonathan Davies:AFC Totton 1 - 0 Bradford PA Jonathan Davies scores a goal from inside the penalty box low into the middle of the goal. AFC Totton 1-0 Bradford P A.
- 10:38 Sent off Richard Marshall receives a red card.
- 7:51 Foul by Richard Marshall on Ryan Scott, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Ryan Hill. Close range header by Nathan Campbell misses to the right of the goal.
- 6:58 Michael Charles has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the target.
- 5:51 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Rob O'Brien from the left by-line, Ryan Scott manages to make a clearance.
- 3:51 The ball is swung over by Nicky Boshell, save made by Grant Porter.
- 2:54 Michael Charles is ruled offside. John Lamb takes the free kick.
- 1:43 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Richard Marshall by Jamie Whisken. Free kick taken by Nicky Boshell.
- 0:56 Foul by Ross Daly on Jonathan Davies, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Ryan Hill.
- 0:25 Nathaniel Sherborne concedes a free kick for a foul on Amjad Iqbal. Direct free kick taken by John Lamb.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
The FA Cup results
- AFC Totton8-1Bradford PAFT
- AFC Wimbledon0-0ScunthorpeFT
- Alfreton Town0-4CarlisleFT
- Blyth Spartans0-2GatesheadFT
- Bristol Rovers3-1CorbyFT
- Bury0-2Crawley TownFT
- Chelmsford4-0AFC TelfordFT
- Dag & Red1-1Bath CityFT
- East Thurrock0-3MacclesfieldFT
- Hinckley Utd2-2TamworthFT
- Leyton Orient3-0BromleyFT
- Maidenhead Utd1-1AldershotFT
- MK Dons6-0Nantwich TownFT
- Notts County4-1AccringtonFT
- Oldham3-1Burton AlbionFT
- Port Vale0-0GrimsbyFT
- Redbridge0-0Oxford CityFT
- Sheffield Utd3-0Oxford UtdFT
- Sutton Utd1-0KetteringFT
23 November 11Football