Chelmsford 4 - 0 AFC Telford
Page last updated at 17:42 GMT, Saturday, 12 November 2011
Dave Rainford scored twice as Chelmsford thrashed Blue Square Bet Premier side AFC Telford to reach the second round of the FA Cup.
Aiden Palmer put the Blue Square Bet South side ahead, beating two men before firing in a powerful shot.
Craig Parker doubled the home side's advantage when Max Cornhill's scuffed effort fell to him in front of goal.
Rainford made it 3-0 from the penalty spot, after Parker was fouled by Daniel Preston, and he headed in late on.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Chelmsford City manager Glenn Pennyfather told BBC Essex:
"It's a magnificent result, I think we've acquitted ourselves well against a side in a league above us.
"We fully-deserved our four goals and I'm just so pleased with the performance we put on.
"It was a complete team performance, everybody played their part. It was important we started at a high tempo and we did that."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 12 November 2011
The FA Cup
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Searle
- 02 Miller
- 03 Palmer
- 04 Tann
- 05 Clarke yellow card
- 06 Rainford
- 07 Whitely (Benjamin 90+2)
- 08 Corcoran
- 09 Ibe
- 10 Cornhill
- 11 Morgan (Parker 28)
- 19 Harrison,
- 14 Hains,
- 16 Nunn,
- 15 Lamb,
- 17 Parker,
- 12 Benjamin,
- 18 Scarlett
- 01 Young
- 02 Salmon
- 03 Newton
- 06 Killock
- 16 Preston yellow card (Rooney 66)
- 08 Trainer
- 11 Adams
- 20 Davies (Farrell 55)
- 24 Mills
- 10 Brown (Weir-Daley 72)
- 25 Sharp
- 32 Robinson,
- 05 Whitehead,
- 23 Valentine,
- 15 Rooney,
- 22 Pitt,
- 19 Farrell,
- 30 Weir-Daley
- Chelmsford 49%
- AFC Telford 51%
Attempts on target
- Chelmsford 4
- AFC Telford 3
Attempts off target
- Chelmsford 1
- AFC Telford 6
- Chelmsford 7
- AFC Telford 8
- Chelmsford 9
- AFC Telford 12
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:05 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 90:00+3:34 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Dave Rainford by Nathan Rooney. Justin Miller takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+1:06 Will Salmon takes the free kick.
- 90:00+1:06 Substitution Joe Benjamin is brought on as a substitute for Warren Whitely.
- 90:00+1:06 Foul by Adam Tann on Phil Trainer, free kick awarded.
- 89:29 Chris Sharp challenges Justin Miller unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Sam Corcoran.
- 87:50 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Craig Farrell by Adam Tann. Craig Farrell shoots direct from the free kick.
- 86:11 Assist on the goal came from Sam Corcoran.
- 86:11 GOAL - Dave Rainford:Chelmsford 4 - 0 AFC Telford Dave Rainford scores a headed goal from inside the penalty area. Chelmsford 4-0 AFC Telford.
- Correction - 85:22 Shane Killock concedes a free kick for a foul on Kezie Ibe. Sam Corcoran delivers the ball,
- 85:22 Shane Killock concedes a free kick for a foul on Kezie Ibe. Sam Corcoran restarts play with the free kick.
- 82:25 Sam Corcoran gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Chris Sharp. Sean Newton takes the free kick.
- 78:28 Greg Mills decides to take the corner short.
- 76:35 Will Salmon challenges Warren Whitely unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick crossed right-footed by Sam Corcoran, save made by Ryan Young. Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Aiden Palmer from the right by-line, Phil Trainer makes a clearance.
- 75:34 Headed effort from deep inside the area by Chris Sharp misses to the right of the goal.
- 72:30 Corner from the right by-line taken by Sean Newton, Effort from deep inside the area by Phil Trainer misses to the right of the target.
- 70:51 Free kick taken by Stewart Searle.
- 70:51 Substitution Andy Brown goes off and Spencer Weir-Daley comes on.
- 70:51 The assistant referee signals for offside against Chris Sharp.
- 67:49 Corner from the left by-line taken by Greg Mills, clearance made by Kenny Clark.
- 65:50 Substitution Nathan Rooney on for Daniel Preston.
- 65:22 The official flags Kezie Ibe offside. Ryan Young takes the indirect free kick.
- 62:35 GOAL - Dave Rainford:Chelmsford 3 - 0 AFC Telford Penalty taken right-footed by Dave Rainford and scored. Chelmsford 3-0 AFC Telford.
- 61:26 Craig Parker fouled by Daniel Preston, the ref awards a Penalty.
- 60:17 Direct free kick taken by Adam Tann.
- 60:17 Booking Daniel Preston goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- 60:10 Kezie Ibe fouled by Daniel Preston, the ref awards a free kick.
- 55:27 Free kick awarded for a foul by Kezie Ibe on Ryan Young. Free kick taken by Ryan Young.
- 54:10 Substitution Craig Farrell on for Richard Davies.
- 53:12 Foul by Adam Tann on Phil Trainer, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Sean Newton.
- 52:21 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Aiden Palmer, save by Ryan Young.
- 51:04 Free kick taken by Sean Newton.
- 51:04 Booking Kenny Clark receives a caution.
- 50:46 Chris Sharp fouled by Kenny Clark, the ref awards a free kick.
- 50:18 Chris Sharp takes a shot. Save made by Stewart Searle.
- 47:54 Andy Brown is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Stewart Searle.
- 45:01 The referee starts the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:40 The ref blows to signal half-time.
- 45:00+1:28 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Sean Newton. Corner taken by Greg Mills from the left by-line.
- 45:00+0:23 The assist for the goal came from Max Cornhill.
- 45:00+0:23 GOAL - Craig Parker:Chelmsford 2 - 0 AFC Telford Craig Parker fires in a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Chelmsford 2-0 AFC Telford.
- 43:25 Kenny Clark gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Greg Mills. Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Greg Mills, Adam Tann gets a block in. Corner from right by-line taken by Chris Sharp.
- 40:47 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Greg Mills from the right by-line.
- 36:46 Will Salmon takes a shot from deep inside the box clearing the bar.
- 34:10 Greg Mills fouled by Dave Rainford, the ref awards a free kick. Shot on goal comes in from Greg Mills from the free kick, Stewart Searle makes a save.
- 33:10 The referee blows for offside against Chris Sharp. Stewart Searle takes the free kick.
- 32:00 Short corner taken by Greg Mills.
- 30:39 Greg Mills is ruled offside. Stewart Searle takes the indirect free kick.
- 29:15 Warren Whitely is penalised for a handball. Free kick taken by Ryan Young.
- 27:31 Substitution Craig Parker on for Greg Morgan.
- 23:17 Unfair challenge on Adam Tann by Andy Brown results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Kenny Clark.
- 22:26 Foul by Will Salmon on Warren Whitely, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Stewart Searle.
- 20:53 Foul by Sean Newton on Greg Morgan, free kick awarded. Aiden Palmer takes the free kick.
- 19:14 Andy Brown takes a shot.
- 18:24 Inswinging corner taken by Aiden Palmer, clearance by Chris Sharp.
- 14:50 Richard Davies concedes a free kick for a foul on Greg Morgan. Stewart Searle restarts play with the free kick.
- 14:20 Kenny Clark fouled by Daniel Preston, the ref awards a free kick. Dave Rainford takes the indirect free kick.
- 13:10 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jon Adams by Dave Rainford. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Sean Newton from right wing.
- 12:11 Corner from the right by-line taken by Aiden Palmer, save by Ryan Young.
- 10:30 GOAL - Aiden Palmer:Chelmsford 1 - 0 AFC Telford Aiden Palmer grabs a goal from inside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Chelmsford 1-0 AFC Telford.
- 9:09 Kezie Ibe takes a shot. Ryan Young makes a save. Aiden Palmer takes a inswinging corner. Aiden Palmer takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post, clearance by Andy Brown.
- 7:57 Greg Mills produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 5:43 Effort from the edge of the box by Sam Corcoran goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 5:17 Inswinging corner taken by Sam Corcoran, save by Ryan Young.
- 4:05 Chris Sharp gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Kenny Clark. Kenny Clark takes the indirect free kick.
- 1:23 The referee blows for offside. Free kick taken by Stewart Searle.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
The FA Cup results
- AFC Totton8-1Bradford PAFT
- AFC Wimbledon0-0ScunthorpeFT
- Alfreton Town0-4CarlisleFT
- Blyth Spartans0-2GatesheadFT
- Bristol Rovers3-1CorbyFT
- Bury0-2Crawley TownFT
- Chelmsford4-0AFC TelfordFT
- Dag & Red1-1Bath CityFT
- East Thurrock0-3MacclesfieldFT
- Hinckley Utd2-2TamworthFT
- Leyton Orient3-0BromleyFT
- Maidenhead Utd1-1AldershotFT
- MK Dons6-0Nantwich TownFT
- Notts County4-1AccringtonFT
- Oldham3-1Burton AlbionFT
- Port Vale0-0GrimsbyFT
- Redbridge0-0Oxford CityFT
- Sheffield Utd3-0Oxford UtdFT
- Sutton Utd1-0KetteringFT