Bury 0 - 2 Crawley Town
Page last updated at 17:28 GMT, Saturday, 12 November 2011
Crawley progressed into the second round of the FA Cup with a comfortable win at Bury.
Both keepers saw action early on, with Crawley's Scott Shearer saving well from Peter Sweeney and Matt Tubbs testing Cameron Belford's reactions.
Tyrone Barnett headed the Red Devils ahead from Andy Drury's corner.
Michael Doughty lashed home Josh Simpson's cut-back to make the result safe before Mark Hughes was shown a straight red for the Shakers late on.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Bury manager Richie Barker told BBC Radio Manchester:
"We only played well enough to win the game for 20 minutes out of the 90.
"The big thing was we didn't work hard enough and didn't match their robust style, where they closed us down very quickly.
"It was quite clear their game plan was to stop us playing and get what they could out of the game and they did it very well, and we didn't cope with it."
Crawley manager Steve Evans told BBC Sussex:
"I think I've got the best board of directors in the country to work for. They told me to use this game as a measurement, and don't be suicidal if it doesn't go our way.
"This is a big step up for us. This Bury side is better than the Swindon side we beat last year, the Derby side we played last year."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 12 November 2011
The FA Cup
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Belford
- 02 Picken
- 03 Skarz
- 17 Hughes red card
- 18 Eastham
- 06 Sweeney (Worrall 69)
- 08 Schumacher yellow card
- 14 Jones
- 23 Byrne yellow card
- 10 Bishop
- 25 Harrad (Amoo 55)
- 20 Branagan,
- 16 Sodje,
- 04 Cregg,
- 07 Worrall,
- 21 Jones,
- 29 Harrop,
- 19 Amoo
- 25 Shearer
- 03 Howell
- 04 Mills
- 05 McFadzean (Dempster 90+3)
- 08 Torres
- 11 Simpson
- 13 Hunt (Akpan 90+1)
- 15 Bulman
- 27 Drury
- 09 Tubbs (Doughty 69)
- 23 Barnett
- 01 Kuipers,
- 18 Dempster,
- 06 Akpan,
- 21 Doughty,
- 22 Neilson,
- 17 Akinde,
- 29 Pittman
- Bury 50%
- Crawley Town 50%
Attempts on target
- Bury 3
- Crawley Town 10
Attempts off target
- Bury 4
- Crawley Town 6
- Bury 5
- Crawley Town 5
- Bury 11
- Crawley Town 10
- Final Result
- 93:48 The referee ends the match.
- Full Time
- 90:00+1:53 Substitution John Dempster on for Kyle McFadzean.
- 90:00+1:53 Free kick awarded for a foul by Kyle McFadzean on David Worrall. Steven Schumacher produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 90:00+1:34 Dannie Bulman challenges David Worrall unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by David Worrall.
- 90:00+0:40 Substitution Hope Akpan on for David Hunt.
- 88:36 Michael Doughty takes a shot. Cameron Belford makes a brilliant save.
- 84:27 Andy Drury is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Cameron Belford takes the free kick.
- 82:47 Direct free kick taken by Pablo Mills.
- 82:47 Sent off Mark Hughes sent from the field by the ref for professional foul.
- 82:34 Unfair challenge on Michael Doughty by Mark Hughes results in a free kick.
- 81:10 Josh Simpson provided the assist for the goal.
- 81:10 GOAL - Michael Doughty:Bury 0 - 2 Crawley Town Goal scored by Michael Doughty from deep inside the penalty area low into the middle of the goal. Bury 0-2 Crawley Town.
- 80:16 David Worrall is caught offside. Scott Shearer takes the indirect free kick.
- 78:46 Sergio Torres challenges Mark Hughes unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Cameron Belford.
- 75:30 Free kick awarded for a foul by Andy Bishop on Kyle McFadzean. Direct free kick taken by Pablo Mills.
- 74:11 Michael Doughty takes a shot. Cameron Belford makes a fantastic save.
- 68:31 Scott Shearer restarts play with the free kick.
- 68:31 Substitution David Worrall comes on in place of Peter Sweeney.
- 68:31 Substitution Michael Doughty replaces Matthew Tubbs.
- 68:31 Andy Bishop gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Sergio Torres.
- 65:29 Short corner worked by Peter Sweeney.
- 63:28 David Amoo takes a shot. Save by Scott Shearer. Inswinging corner taken by Peter Sweeney from the right by-line played to the near post, clearance by Kyle McFadzean.
- 62:59 Matthew Tubbs has an effort at goal from outside the box which goes wide right of the goal.
- 61:54 Andy Bishop is caught offside. Scott Shearer takes the free kick.
- 60:02 Free kick awarded for a foul by Mark Hughes on Matthew Tubbs. Free kick taken by Andy Drury. Headed effort from deep inside the penalty area by Tyrone Barnett misses to the left of the goal.
- 58:44 David Hunt restarts play with the free kick.
- 58:44 Booking Steven Schumacher is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 58:27 Unfair challenge on Josh Simpson by Steven Schumacher results in a free kick.
- 55:51 David Amoo fouled by David Hunt, the ref awards a free kick. Steven Schumacher crosses the ball, David Amoo takes a shot. Dean Howell gets a block in.
- 54:29 Substitution Shaun Harrad leaves the field to be replaced by David Amoo.
- 51:15 Inswinging corner taken by Mike Jones from the left by-line, Kyle McFadzean manages to make a clearance.
- 49:57 Header by Shaun Harrad from deep inside the penalty area misses to the left of the goal.
- 48:42 The assist for the goal came from Andy Drury.
- 48:42 GOAL - Tyrone Barnett:Bury 0 - 1 Crawley Town Tyrone Barnett grabs a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Bury 0-1 Crawley Town.
- 48:15 Corner taken right-footed by Andy Drury from the left by-line to the near post,
- 47:23 Andy Drury takes a outswinging corner to the near post, Mark Hughes manages to make a clearance.
- 45:28 Foul by Mark Hughes on Tyrone Barnett, free kick awarded. A cross is delivered by Andy Drury, Kyle McFadzean produces a header from deep inside the six-yard box that clears the bar.
- 45:01 The game restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:32 The match has reached half-time.
- 43:51 Andy Bishop challenges Pablo Mills unfairly and gives away a free kick. Scott Shearer takes the free kick.
- 42:46 Peter Sweeney takes the inswinging corner, Steven Schumacher takes a shot from inside the box clearing the bar.
- 37:54 Matthew Tubbs takes a shot. Brilliant save by Cameron Belford. Andy Drury takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post, Sergio Torres takes a shot. Pablo Mills gets a block in. Mike Jones challenges Sergio Torres unfairly and gives away a free kick. Andy Drury crosses the ball, Header from deep inside the area by Kyle McFadzean goes over the bar.
- 36:45 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Shaun Harrad by Dean Howell. Peter Sweeney takes the direct free kick.
- 33:23 Andy Drury takes the outswinging corner, clearance made by Mark Hughes.
- 29:55 Matthew Tubbs has an effort at goal. Blocked by Mark Hughes.
- 27:33 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Shaun Harrad by Kyle McFadzean. Direct free kick taken by Steven Schumacher.
- 25:02 Foul by Joe Skarz on Matthew Tubbs, free kick awarded. The free kick is swung in right-footed by Andy Drury, Steven Schumacher makes a clearance. Sergio Torres takes a shot. Save by Cameron Belford.
- 18:30 Sergio Torres takes a shot. Blocked by Mark Hughes. Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Andy Drury from the right by-line to the near post, clearance made by Steven Schumacher.
- 17:47 David Hunt challenges Mike Jones unfairly and gives away a free kick. Peter Sweeney restarts play with the free kick.
- 15:53 Kyle McFadzean gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Steven Schumacher. Cameron Belford restarts play with the free kick.
- 14:26 Direct free kick taken by Pablo Mills.
- 14:26 Booking Shane Byrne shown a yellow card.
- 14:00 Free kick awarded for a foul by Shane Byrne on Tyrone Barnett.
- 12:29 Steven Schumacher gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Andy Drury. Pablo Mills takes the free kick.
- 10:42 Dannie Bulman gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Phil Picken. Cameron Belford restarts play with the free kick.
- 9:43 Peter Sweeney has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area missing to the wide left of the goal. Corner taken by Peter Sweeney from the right by-line, Dannie Bulman makes a clearance.
- 8:13 Header by Tyrone Barnett from deep inside the penalty area misses to the left of the goal.
- 7:00 Andy Drury takes a shot. Blocked by Mark Hughes.
- 3:31 Long distance shot from Andy Drury misses to the left of the goal.
- 2:01 David Hunt gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Mike Jones. The ball is swung over by Steven Schumacher, Ashley Eastham takes a shot. Kyle McFadzean gets a block in.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to begin the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
The FA Cup results
- AFC Totton8-1Bradford PAFT
- AFC Wimbledon0-0ScunthorpeFT
- Alfreton Town0-4CarlisleFT
- Blyth Spartans0-2GatesheadFT
- Bristol Rovers3-1CorbyFT
- Bury0-2Crawley TownFT
- Chelmsford4-0AFC TelfordFT
- Dag & Red1-1Bath CityFT
- East Thurrock0-3MacclesfieldFT
- Hinckley Utd2-2TamworthFT
- Leyton Orient3-0BromleyFT
- Maidenhead Utd1-1AldershotFT
- MK Dons6-0Nantwich TownFT
- Notts County4-1AccringtonFT
- Oldham3-1Burton AlbionFT
- Port Vale0-0GrimsbyFT
- Redbridge0-0Oxford CityFT
- Sheffield Utd3-0Oxford UtdFT
- Sutton Utd1-0KetteringFT