AFC Wimbledon 0 - 0 Scunthorpe
Page last updated at 17:33 GMT, Saturday, 12 November 2011
AFC Wimbledon goalkeeper Seb Brown was central to his side frustrating League One Scunthorpe.
Chris Dagnall rounded the Dons keeper early on but could not find the finish, while Rashid Yussuff forced a save from Iron keeper Sam Slocombe.
Max Porter went close for the League Two side after a neat turn and shot in the area.
Brown made fine saves to deny Nicky Ajose's fiercely-struck effort and Mark Duffy's powerful shot.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
AFC Wimbledon boss Terry Brown told BBC London 94.9:
"It was a very, very good Scunthorpe side, probably the best footballing side we've played this year.
"We struggled to compete with them in the first half.
"We hung in there and that's what the FA Cup is about."
Scunthorpe United assistant manager Chris Brass told BBC Radio Humberside:
"We knew it was going to be a tough game because they're a well organised side. We watched them in a number of games and they're a hard-working team.
"It's a tough place to come to. I thought we started extremely well and unfortunately just couldn't get any kind of joy.
"We're still in it. We're frustrated that we've not taken a chance. However it's a clean sheet and considering we've had three changes in the backline it's pleasing."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 12 November 2011
The FA Cup
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Brown
- 05 Stuart yellow card
- 06 Johnson
- 13 Bush
- 04 Porter
- 07 Hatton
- 10 Midson (Ademeno 77)
- 12 Jolley
- 15 S Moore
- 19 Djilali (Jackson 12)
- 23 Yussuff (Wellard 84)
- 20 Turner,
- 02 Jackson,
- 08 Wellard,
- 14 Minshull,
- 26 Mulley,
- 09 Ademeno,
- 11 L Moore
- 13 Slocombe
- 02 Wright
- 03 Nolan
- 05 Nelson yellow card
- 19 Canavan
- 04 Togwell
- 08 O'Connor
- 16 Duffy
- 09 Dagnall yellow card (Thompson 82)
- 17 Grant
- 28 Ajose
- 27 Johnstone,
- 06 Byrne,
- 24 Palmer,
- 11 Thompson,
- 14 Norwood,
- 10 Robertson,
- 23 Wint
- AFC Wimbledon 43%
- Scunthorpe 57%
Attempts on target
- AFC Wimbledon 3
- Scunthorpe 5
Attempts off target
- AFC Wimbledon 5
- Scunthorpe 9
- AFC Wimbledon 3
- Scunthorpe 7
- AFC Wimbledon 7
- Scunthorpe 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:05 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+1:21 Michael O'Connor sends in a cross, Max Porter makes a clearance.
- 90:00+0:49 Unfair challenge on Bobby Grant by Brett Johnson results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Michael O'Connor, clearance made by Brett Johnson.
- Correction - 90:00+0:10 A cross is delivered by Christian Jolley. Charles Ademeno has a headed effort at goal from close in which goes wide right of the target.
- 90:00+0:10 A cross is delivered by Christian Jolley, Header from close range by Charles Ademeno misses to the right of the goal.
- 88:15 The referee blows for offside. Sam Slocombe takes the indirect free kick.
- 87:39 Charles Ademeno produces a cross, Niall Canavan makes a clearance.
- 86:36 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Nick Ajose, Seb Brown makes a save.
- 84:59 Corner taken by Michael O'Connor, clearance by Chris Bush.
- 83:30 Substitution Ricky Wellard comes on in place of Rashid Yussuff.
- 81:53 Shot from just outside the box by Bobby Grant misses to the right of the goal.
- 79:58 Substitution (Scunthorpe) makes a substitution, with Garry Thompson coming on for Chris Dagnall.
- 79:58 Shot on goal comes in from Michael O'Connor from the free kick, save by Seb Brown. Michael O'Connor takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post, Header from close range by Bobby Grant misses to the right of the goal.
- 79:58 Booking Jamie Stuart receives a yellow card.
- 79:31 Handball by Jamie Stuart.
- 78:49 A cross is delivered by Eddie Nolan, clearance by Brett Johnson.
- 77:44 Effort on goal by Mark Duffy from just outside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 76:08 Substitution Charles Ademeno on for Jack Midson.
- 74:30 Mark Duffy takes a shot. Seb Brown makes a save.
- 73:53 Nick Ajose crosses the ball.
- 73:08 Foul by Rashid Yussuff on Bobby Grant, free kick awarded. Bobby Grant delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from right wing, save by Seb Brown.
- 69:34 Samuel Hatton delivers the ball, Christian Jolley has a header from close in and clears the crossbar.
- 69:15 Short corner taken by Rashid Yussuff.
- 65:40 Mark Duffy crosses the ball, Seb Brown makes a save.
- 63:33 Sammy Moore takes a shot from 25 yards. Michael Nelson makes a clearance.
- 63:24 The ball is crossed by Samuel Hatton, Niall Canavan manages to make a clearance.
- 61:31 Unfair challenge on Sammy Moore by Bobby Grant results in a free kick. Samuel Hatton restarts play with the free kick.
- 59:36 The ball is crossed by Jack Midson, Max Porter produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 58:21 Bobby Grant has an effort at goal from just outside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 57:55 Nick Ajose takes the chance to get an effort at goal. Save made by Seb Brown.
- 56:24 Nick Ajose decides to take the corner short.
- 55:52 The official flags Jack Midson offside. Sam Slocombe takes the indirect free kick.
- 54:09 The ball is sent over by Chris Bush.
- 49:40 Sammy Moore challenges Bobby Grant unfairly and gives away a free kick. Bobby Grant takes the direct free kick.
- 47:44 The ball is swung over by Mark Duffy, Chris Bush gets a block in. Inswinging corner taken by Bobby Grant from the right by-line played to the near post. Bobby Grant crosses the ball.
- 46:29 Free kick awarded for a foul by Ryan Jackson on Eddie Nolan. Free kick taken by Sam Slocombe.
- 45:57 The ball is swung over by Chris Dagnall, Seb Brown makes a save.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:11 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+0:58 Inswinging corner taken by Rashid Yussuff from the right by-line, Chris Bush has a headed effort at goal from deep inside the area missing to the left of the target.
- 44:10 The ball is delivered by Samuel Hatton, inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Samuel Hatton, clearance by Andrew Wright. Brett Johnson takes a shot. Save made by Sam Slocombe.
- 44:00 Centre by Christian Jolley.
- 43:29 Chris Dagnall has an effort at goal from deep inside the area missing to the left of the target.
- 42:55 The ball is crossed by Christian Jolley, save by Sam Slocombe.
- 42:14 Andrew Wright gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jack Midson. Direct free kick taken by Chris Bush.
- 41:07 Nick Ajose produces a cross, Brett Johnson manages to make a clearance.
- 38:46 Samuel Hatton takes the free kick, The ball is delivered by Rashid Yussuff. The referee blows for offside. Sam Slocombe takes the indirect free kick.
- 38:46 Booking Michael Nelson is booked.
- 38:32 Free kick awarded for a foul by Michael Nelson on Jack Midson.
- 36:30 Unfair challenge on Christian Jolley by Mark Duffy results in a free kick. Seb Brown restarts play with the free kick.
- 36:01 Drilled right-footed shot by Chris Dagnall. Save made by Seb Brown.
- 33:27 Nick Ajose crosses the ball.
- 31:53 Chris Dagnall fouled by Jamie Stuart, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Michael O'Connor.
- 30:46 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Christian Jolley by Andrew Wright. Samuel Hatton delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from left wing, Michael O'Connor makes a clearance.
- 29:52 Shot by Rashid Yussuff. Save by Sam Slocombe.
- 28:27 Shot by Mark Duffy. Save by Seb Brown. Short corner worked by Chris Dagnall.
- 26:25 Bobby Grant produces a left-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 22:56 Effort from inside the area by Chris Dagnall misses to the right of the target.
- 21:11 Michael O'Connor is penalised for a handball. Direct free kick taken by Samuel Hatton.
- 20:29 Andrew Wright sends in a cross, Jamie Stuart makes a clearance.
- 19:41 Handball decision goes against Sammy Moore. Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Bobby Grant.
- 18:26 Sammy Moore fouled by Bobby Grant, the ref awards a free kick. Strike on goal comes in from Samuel Hatton from the free kick.
- 15:14 Samuel Hatton takes the direct free kick.
- 15:14 Booking Chris Dagnall booked for unsporting behaviour.
- 14:48 Sammy Moore fouled by Chris Dagnall, the ref awards a free kick.
- 13:36 Unfair challenge on Eddie Nolan by Ryan Jackson results in a free kick. Sam Slocombe restarts play with the free kick.
- 12:54 Centre by Bobby Grant. The offside flag is raised against Nick Ajose. Seb Brown restarts play with the free kick.
- 12:02 Centre by Nick Ajose, clearance made by Jamie Stuart.
- 10:59 Substitution Ryan Jackson on for Kieran Djilali.
- 10:59 Long range shot by Michael O'Connor goes wide right of the target.
- 6:27 The referee blows for offside. Sam Slocombe takes the direct free kick.
- 5:41 The ball is swung over by Eddie Nolan.
- 3:48 Centre by Michael O'Connor.
- 3:17 Inswinging corner taken by Michael O'Connor from the left by-line played to the near post, clearance made by Chris Bush.
- 2:27 Foul by Niall Canavan on Christian Jolley, free kick awarded. Samuel Hatton crosses the ball in from the free kick, Niall Canavan makes a clearance.
- 1:21 Sammy Moore challenges Mark Duffy unfairly and gives away a free kick. Michael O'Connor delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from left channel.
- 0:00 The match begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
The FA Cup results
- AFC Totton8-1Bradford PAFT
- AFC Wimbledon0-0ScunthorpeFT
- Alfreton Town0-4CarlisleFT
- Blyth Spartans0-2GatesheadFT
- Bristol Rovers3-1CorbyFT
- Bury0-2Crawley TownFT
- Chelmsford4-0AFC TelfordFT
- Dag & Red1-1Bath CityFT
- East Thurrock0-3MacclesfieldFT
- Hinckley Utd2-2TamworthFT
- Leyton Orient3-0BromleyFT
- Maidenhead Utd1-1AldershotFT
- MK Dons6-0Nantwich TownFT
- Notts County4-1AccringtonFT
- Oldham3-1Burton AlbionFT
- Port Vale0-0GrimsbyFT
- Redbridge0-0Oxford CityFT
- Sheffield Utd3-0Oxford UtdFT
- Sutton Utd1-0KetteringFT