Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson not fazed by buyout talk
Hodgson's Liverpool side enjoyed a comfortable night's work against Rabotnicki
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson insists speculation over the club's future ownership will not affect his side's focus on the new season.
Various groups are said to be bidding to take over from American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett at Anfield.
But speaking after the Reds' Europa League win over Rabotnicki, Hodgson said: "When and if a takeover takes place, I'm sure I will be informed.
"The interesting thing for me was the game, that has been my total focus."
Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield with goals through David Ngog and Steven Gerrard to complete a comfortable 4-0 aggregate win over Macedonian outfit Rabotnicki.
It means they go into Friday's draw for the Europa League play-offs alongside Premier League rivals Manchester City and Aston Villa.
However, events off the pitch dominated much of the pre- and post-match talk, following rumours that the Chinese government could be linked to a takeover bid for the club.
Reports suggested Kenny Huang, who has declared an interest in buying the club, is being backed by the state-funded China Investment Corporation (CIC), while Syrian Yahya Kirdi has claimed he is in pole position to become the new owner.
But Hodgson refused to be drawn on the speculation, simply warning of the dangers a drawn-out takeover process could pose for the club.
"We have made some signings so far and we hope to bring in at least a couple of other players," he said.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.