Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has ruled out a move for Bayern Munich's Michael Ballack in the January transfer window.
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said Ballack's agent had offered the player to both Real Madrid and Chelsea.
But Mourinho said the 29-year-old did not feature in his plans - and insisted he was not looking to make any signings in the January transfer window.
"I am not even thinking about other players. I don't want players in the open market in January," said Mourinho.
"I don't want players because at this moment I am just concentrating on my squad."
The German international's contract with Munich expires next summer.
Rummenigge said on Thursday that he had been in touch with both Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.
Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane has said he wants Ballack to join his team even though it will mean increased competition for him.
"If there is someone with the qualities for Real Madrid, then that is Ballack," Zidane told German newspaper Bild.
"I won't give up my place that easily, but we would welcome him with open arms. He is in great form this season."