Everton striker Wayne Rooney says he is "disappointed" with the way the club have handled his transfer request.
Newcastle and Manchester United want to sign the 18-year-old, who requested a transfer on Friday, and fans chanted abuse about him during Saturday's game.
"I am absolutely gutted at what is happening here. It is clear that it's time for me to leave Everton," he said.
"I'm disappointed at some of the things that Everton have said, especially considering that I know the truth."
Rooney's performances for England at Euro 2004 thrust him into the world spotlight and his future has been the subject of debate ever since.
But Everton manager David Moyes has made it clear he will not be pressurised into allowing the striker to leave unless it is for the right price.
"He feels he will be better to move on but if we do not get the fee we want then we will stop him leaving before the deadline," he said last week.
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has continued the hard sell of the Old Trafford club to Rooney.
Following on from United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that Rooney would give him a squad as good as the one that won the Treble in 1999, Gill said Rooney would benefit more from moving to Old Trafford than Newcastle.
"It's not just the size of Manchester United - but Wayne would have the chance to work with Sir Alex, who has a track record when it comes to dealing with young players and making them even better," Gill told Daily Star Sunday.
"Wayne would also be playing alongside world-class players like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Paul Scholes.
"And his commercial value would be enhanced by becoming a Manchester United player.
"No disrespect to Newcastle but we can also offer Wayne Champions League football.
"We would hope Wayne would want to come here and we have a powerful all-round package to offer him.
"We hope something can be sorted out before Tuesday's deadline."
Everton confirmed on Saturday that Manchester United had made a second bid for Rooney - and that it was higher than the £23.5m offer from Newcastle, which was rejected last week.
And a Toffees spokesman added: "The situation remains the same. We have had a second offer and it is being considered and we have had no increased bids."