The mouth-watering game of the opening weekend of the Premiership sees big-spending Chelsea take on Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.
Duff was Chelsea's most expensive summer signing
Chelsea have spent nearly £75m in the close season on seven new players, and coach Claudio Ranieri knows his side will be expected to win some silverware this year.
Many of the Blues' big signings are likely to be on show, while Liverpool fans will be looking forward to seeing Harry Kewell.
Both clubs, as well as Newcastle, who finished third last season, will want a good start as they aim to break the grip United and Arsenal have held over the league in recent years.
OPENING ROUND OF FIXTURES
Charlton v Man City (1400)
Leeds v Newcastle (1400)
Liverpool v Chelsea (1605)
And with both Manchester United and Arsenal winning on Saturday, three points are crucial.
Another man with a big job on his hands is Leeds boss Peter Reid.
After a year of turmoil, Reid will be hoping for a more settled season, but faces a tough test on Sunday at home to Newcastle, who are likely to include ex-Elland Road star Lee Bowyer in their midfield.
Sunday's other early match is at The Valley, where Paolo di Canio could make his debut for Charlton against Manchester City.
The BBC Sport website is primed for the new Premiership season to give you the very best coverage:
So whether it's for the big stories, or to follow the action as it happens during the week and at weekends, bookmark our football site now at:
- Improved live scores service and minute-by-minute text commentaries as well as comprehensive previews, photos, reports and reaction from every game.
- All-new 'Team of the Week' page on Mondays, where you get the chance to pick your best line-up from the weekend's action, and compare it to ours as well as send it on to friends.
- The return of our ever-popular Fantasy Football Monthly game.
- Exclusive weekly columns from James Beattie, and regular analysis from BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson.
- Dedicated messageboards on our 606 site for each club where you can debate the talking points of the day with fellow fans.
- Daily gossip column rounding up transfer and other speculation from the newspapers.
And if you are away from your computer, don't forget you can keep up to date with everything on your mobile phone as well.