Port Vale 1 - 2 AFC Wimbledon
Page last updated at 17:45 GMT, Saturday, 14 January 2012
Substitute Luke Moore's winner against Port Vale gave AFC Wimbledon their first win in six league games.
Vale began brightly, and took the lead when Marc Richards headed home Sean Rigg's pinpoint delivery.
But the Dons equalised soon after when Sammy Moore's cross found Jack Midson, who bundled in from close range.
Louis Dodds hit the post for the hosts, but the turnaround was complete when Midson teed up Moore to hit a powerful drive into the back of the net.
This result condemned Vale to their fourth consecutive defeat in League Two.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Port Vale boss Micky Adams told BBC Radio Stoke:
"It's probably the story of what's been happening to us recently. That's the way our luck's gone.
"I thought the 11 that started the game today were excellent. They gave it a full shift. I can't knock them because some of them were half-fit.
"That's what I've got to work with. It can't always be a bed of roses for you and I'm not thinking of doing anything other than getting them back in on Monday morning and starting again."
AFC Wimbledon boss Terry Brown told BBC London 94.9:
"Obviously it is a feeling of relief because it's a long time since we have had a weekend win and I can enjoy my beer tonight.
"I'm very proud of my boys I think the new lads that came in acquitted themselves very well.
"I think it will take a couple of weeks to get this side to gel. But I am much happier with the legs we have got in the squad now and I think we can build on this."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 14 January 2012
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
|Port Vale||1-2||AFC Wimbledon||FT|
- 01 Martin
- 02 Yates yellow card
- 05 McCombe
- 06 Owen
- 04 Griffith yellow card (Roe 80)
- 07 Loft
- 17 Rigg
- 18 Morsy
- 09 Richards
- 11 Pope (Dodds 71)
- 19 Williamson (James 86)
- 24 Johnson,
- 22 Roe,
- 26 Davis,
- 21 James,
- 08 Dodds
- 01 Brown
- 03 Gwillim
- 16 Franks (Hatton 52)
- 17 Mitchell-King
- 22 McNaughton
- 15 S Moore
- 25 Moncur
- 28 Knott (Yussuff 76)
- 10 Midson
- 27 Harrison
- 29 Euell (L Moore 42)
- 20 Turner,
- 06 Johnson,
- 07 Hatton,
- 23 Yussuff,
- 11 L Moore
- Port Vale 49%
- AFC Wimbledon 51%
Attempts on target
- Port Vale 3
- AFC Wimbledon 4
Attempts off target
- Port Vale 3
- AFC Wimbledon 2
- Port Vale 4
- AFC Wimbledon 4
- Port Vale 11
- AFC Wimbledon 7
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:42 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+5:03 Marc Richards concedes a free kick for a foul on Callum McNaughton. Seb Brown restarts play with the free kick.
- 90:00+3:34 Foul by Gareth Gwillim on Marc Richards, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Sam Morsy.
- 90:00+1:26 Corner taken by Rashid Yussuff, clearance made by Adam Yates.
- 89:09 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jack Midson by Gareth Owen. Sammy Moore restarts play with the free kick.
- 85:28 Substitution Kingsley James joins the action as a substitute, replacing Ben Williamson.
- 85:19 The official flags Jack Midson offside. Indirect free kick taken by Chris Martin.
- 84:31 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Gareth Gwillim by Ben Williamson. Free kick taken by Seb Brown.
- 83:06 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Marc Richards by Callum McNaughton. Free kick crossed right-footed by Sam Morsy, Callum McNaughton manages to make a clearance.
- 81:27 Header from deep inside the area by Jack Midson goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 79:32 Substitution Phil Roe comes on in place of Anthony Griffith.
- 76:15 Byron Harrison provided the assist for the goal.
- 76:15 GOAL - Luke Moore:Port Vale 1 - 2 AFC Wimbledon Luke Moore scores a goal from inside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Port Vale 1-2 AFC Wimbledon.
- 75:17 Substitution Rashid Yussuff on for Billy Knott.
- 73:51 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Sam Morsy.
- Correction - 72:18 Louis Dodds produces a right-footed shot from just inside the box and hits the post.
- 72:18 Louis Dodds has an effort at goal from the just inside the area hitting the post.
- 70:37 Substitution (Port Vale) makes a substitution, with Louis Dodds coming on for Tom Pope.
- 70:01 Corner taken by Sam Morsy from the right by-line played to the near post, clearance by Callum McNaughton.
- 66:29 Luke Moore takes a shot. Save by Chris Martin.
- 61:38 Jack Midson has a drilled shot. Chris Martin makes a save.
- 60:36 The assistant referee flags for offside against Byron Harrison. Chris Martin restarts play with the free kick.
- 57:05 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Samuel Hatton, clearance by John McCombe.
- 54:39 Corner taken by George Moncur, clearance by John McCombe.
- 51:52 Substitution Samuel Hatton on for Fraser Franks.
- 49:46 Marc Richards takes a shot. Seb Brown makes a save.
- 49:07 Unfair challenge on Sean Rigg by Fraser Franks results in a free kick. Doug Loft takes the direct free kick.
- 46:27 Unfair challenge on Marc Richards by Gareth Gwillim results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Sam Morsy.
- 45:01 The second half begins.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:39 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 44:43 Anthony Griffith challenges Sammy Moore unfairly and gives away a free kick. Fraser Franks takes the free kick.
- Correction - 44:31+1:03 Booking Anthony Griffith is shown a yellow card.
- 43:31+0:30 Booking Anthony Griffith receives a yellow card.
- Correction - 42:25 George Moncur restarts play with the free kick.
- 42:25 Direct free kick taken by George Moncur.
- 42:25 Booking Adam Yates goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- Correction - 42:17 Unfair challenge on Jack Midson by Adam Yates results in a free kick.
- 42:17 Free kick awarded for a foul by Adam Yates on Jack Midson.
- 40:41 Substitution Jason Euell leaves the field to be replaced by Luke Moore.
- 40:41 GOAL - Jack Midson:Port Vale 1 - 1 AFC Wimbledon Jack Midson finds the back of the net with a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Port Vale 1-1 AFC Wimbledon.
- 38:14 Byron Harrison produces a right-footed shot from inside the area that goes over the bar.
- 35:43 Gareth Owen concedes a free kick for a foul on Jason Euell. Direct free kick taken by Sammy Moore.
- 34:19 Foul by Gareth Gwillim on Sam Morsy, free kick awarded. Chris Martin takes the indirect free kick.
- 32:57 Fraser Franks fouled by Doug Loft, the ref awards a free kick. Fraser Franks takes the direct free kick.
- 32:11 Sam Morsy takes a shot. Seb Brown makes a save.
- 30:48 Assist on the goal came from Sean Rigg.
- 30:48 GOAL - Marc Richards:Port Vale 1 - 0 AFC Wimbledon Marc Richards finds the back of the net with a headed goal from just inside the box. Port Vale 1-0 AFC Wimbledon.
- 29:58 Unfair challenge on Tom Pope by Callum McNaughton results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Sam Morsy,
- Correction - 26:41 Sammy Moore challenges Sean Rigg unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Marc Richards.
- 26:41 Sammy Moore concedes a free kick for a foul on Sean Rigg. Marc Richards produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 22:37 Marc Richards is caught offside. Seb Brown restarts play with the free kick.
- 19:35 George Moncur takes the inswinging corner, John McCombe manages to make a clearance.
- 17:32 Free kick awarded for a foul by Sean Rigg on Fraser Franks. Billy Knott restarts play with the free kick.
- 16:24 Effort on goal by Sam Morsy from just outside the area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 15:45 Anthony Griffith concedes a free kick for a foul on Byron Harrison. Direct free kick taken by Fraser Franks.
- 12:22 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Byron Harrison by John McCombe. George Moncur takes the direct free kick.
- 9:23 Sam Morsy takes a inswinging corner.
- 6:10 Fraser Franks produces a cross, Seb Brown manages to make a clearance.
- 4:00 Gareth Owen concedes a free kick for a foul on George Moncur. Free kick taken by Billy Knott.
- 2:10 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Sam Morsy from the left by-line, Jason Euell makes a clearance.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
League Two results
League Two table snapshot
|22||Dag & Red||25||-17||21|