Northampton 1 - 1 Crewe
Page last updated at 17:47 GMT, Saturday, 10 December 2011
Northampton had to settle for a point in Aidy Boothroyd's first game in charge, against Crewe.
Adebayo Akinfenwa gave the hosts the lead with his 100th career goal from Andy Holt's long throw-in.
Byron Moore grabbed the leveller when he beat Cobblers keeper Sam Walker at his near post with a low drive.
Kelvin Langmead almost put the home team back in front but his header hit the bar before he was sent off late-on for a second bookable offence.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Northampton Town manager Aidy Boothroyd told BBC Radio Northampton:
"I was really pleased with the reception I got and I'd like to thank everybody for that.
"I thought we were terrific in the first half. We stuck to the game plan.
"It was important today that we stopped the rot and we didn't get beat."
Crewe manager Steve Davis told BBC Radio Stoke:
"The game was very even in the first 20 minutes, we gradually got on top and then we took that into the second half.
"We had a great shout for a penalty. I felt at the time that, anywhere else on the pitch, that would have been given as a barge in the back.
"We're a little bit unlucky today because I thought we deserved the three points."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 10 December 2011
Npower League Two
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Walker
- 04 Crowe yellow card
- 05 Tozer
- 14 Johnson
- 28 Langmead two yellow cards, red card
- 07 Davies
- 11 Holt
- 17 Jacobs
- 08 Robinson (Kaziboni 82) (Corker 90+4)
- 09 Berahino
- 10 Akinfenwa
- 26 Hall,
- 03 Corker,
- 19 Kaziboni,
- 31 Hornby,
- 18 Purcell
- 01 Phillips
- 02 Tootle
- 05 Artell
- 06 Dugdale
- 15 Martin
- 28 Lowry yellow card
- 07 Bell
- 10 Leitch-Smith (Miller 71)
- 11 Moore
- 25 Powell
- 27 Fletcher (Clayton 71)
- 13 Martin,
- 03 Davis,
- 12 Shelley,
- 09 Miller,
- 19 Clayton
- Northampton 49%
- Crewe 51%
Attempts on target
- Northampton 1
- Crewe 1
Attempts off target
- Northampton 1
- Crewe 2
- Northampton 5
- Crewe 2
- Northampton 11
- Crewe 3
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:39 The referee brings the game to a close.
- 90:00+3:02 Substitution (Northampton) makes a substitution, with Ashley Corker coming on for Greg Kaziboni.
- 90:00+1:35 Sent off Kelvin Langmead is shown a red card.
- 85:14 Lee Bell fires a strike on goal direct from the free kick.
- 85:14 Booking Jason Crowe booked for unsporting behaviour.
- 84:48 Carl Martin fouled by Jason Crowe, the ref awards a free kick.
- 81:53 Substitution Greg Kaziboni joins the action as a substitute, replacing Jake Robinson.
- 81:03 Byron Moore fouled by Andy Holt, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Jamie Lowry.
- 75:30 Andy Holt concedes a free kick for a foul on Byron Moore. Steve Phillips takes the direct free kick.
- 74:27 Booking Kelvin Langmead is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 70:46 Substitution Shaun Miller comes on in place of Ajay Leitch-Smith.
- 70:46 Substitution Max Clayton replaces Wes Fletcher.
- 70:21 Short corner taken by Arron Davies from the right by-line.
- 69:32 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Arron Davies, clearance made by Byron Moore.
- 68:02 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Arron Davies from the right by-line, clearance by Adam Dugdale.
- 66:06 Jake Robinson produces a left-footed shot from the edge of the box and misses to the left of the target.
- 62:21 Andy Holt restarts play with the free kick.
- 62:21 Booking The referee shows Jamie Lowry a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 62:07 Jamie Lowry gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Michael Jacobs.
- 60:07 GOAL - Byron Moore:Northampton 1 - 1 Crewe A goal is scored by Byron Moore from inside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Northampton 1-1 Crewe.
- 58:22 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Arron Davies, Andy Holt concedes a free kick for a foul on David Artell. Steve Phillips takes the free kick.
- 56:06 Jamie Lowry fouled by John Johnson, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Jamie Lowry.
- 55:18 Jake Robinson is ruled offside. Steve Phillips takes the free kick.
- 51:02 Wes Fletcher concedes a free kick for a foul on Michael Jacobs. Sam Walker restarts play with the free kick.
- 49:36 Unfair challenge on Byron Moore by Andy Holt results in a free kick. Lee Bell takes the direct free kick.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:08 The half-time whistle blows.
- 38:20 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Nick Powell by Saido Berahino. Nick Powell takes the direct free kick.
- 37:23 Inswinging corner taken by Nick Powell from the right by-line.
- 33:40 Carl Martin gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Saido Berahino. Direct free kick taken by Jason Crowe.
- 31:55 Nick Powell takes the inswinging corner, Sam Walker makes a save.
- 26:18 Saido Berahino is caught offside. Adam Dugdale takes the free kick.
- 23:49 Unfair challenge on Byron Moore by Andy Holt results in a free kick. Nick Powell takes the free kick.
- 19:08 Saido Berahino concedes a free kick for a foul on Nick Powell. Free kick taken by David Artell.
- 17:31 Foul by Andy Holt on Nick Powell, free kick awarded. Strike on goal comes in from Nick Powell from the free kick.
- 15:25 Assist by Andy Holt.
- 15:25 GOAL - Adebayo Akinfenwa:Northampton 1 - 0 Crewe Adebayo Akinfenwa finds the net with a headed goal from close range. Northampton 1-0 Crewe.
- 10:46 Lee Bell fouled by Adebayo Akinfenwa, the ref awards a free kick. Steve Phillips takes the direct free kick.
- 4:41 Inswinging corner taken by Arron Davies from the right by-line, Steve Phillips makes a clearance.
- 0:00 The game begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League Two results
Npower League Two table snapshot
|24||Dag & Red||20||-20||13|