Bradford 1 - 1 Plymouth
Page last updated at 17:15 GMT, Saturday, 10 December 2011
A late equaliser from James Hanson gave Bradford a valuable point against fellow League Two strugglers Plymouth.
After a scrappy first-half, Craig Sutherland put Argyle ahead when he turned in Simon Walton's shot to claim his first goal for the Pilgrims.
Bradford responded strongly, and forced the equaliser when Kyel Reid crossed for Hanson to finish smartly with a first-time shot from 18-yards.
Arglye's Onismor Bhasera saw red late on for a second bookable offence.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Bradford City manager Phil Parkinson told BBC Radio Leeds:
"I thought in the first 10 minutes we were nervy. There's always going to be a bit of edginess but we did ok.
"When you have that pressure you've got to score.
"I think Jack (Compton) did well on the right side and sometimes opportunities arise and he took his chance."
Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher told BBC Radio Devon:
"It's disappointing being in the front and losing a goal late on.
"We always know we can play better, but the players' commitment and desire today was second to none.
"We're looking to go onwards and upwards - coming here and not getting beat is a big thing for us."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 10 December 2011
Npower League Two
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 McLaughlin
- 02 Ramsden
- 06 Oliver
- 36 Seip
- 38 Davies
- 04 Flynn
- 14 Ravenhill
- 32 Reid
- 09 Hanson
- 11 Compton
- 39 Fagan (Wells 69)
- 34 Duke,
- 16 Mitchell,
- 24 Moore,
- 08 Jones,
- 21 Wells
- 23 Cole
- 02 Berry
- 05 Purse (Nelson 46)
- 14 Bhasera two yellow cards, red card
- 22 Blanchard
- 08 Walton
- 20 Hourihane
- 21 Atkinson
- 10 Sutherland (Daley 80)
- 29 Chadwick
- 31 Hemmings
- 01 Larrieu,
- 06 Nelson,
- 07 Daley,
- 15 Young,
- 11 Feeney
- Bradford 50%
- Plymouth 50%
Attempts on target
- Bradford 4
- Plymouth 3
Attempts off target
- Bradford 6
- Plymouth 3
- Bradford 7
- Plymouth 1
- Bradford 6
- Plymouth 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:02 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+2:33 Shot by Richard Ravenhill from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 90:00+0:31 Jack Compton restarts play with the free kick.
- 90:00+0:31 Sent off Red card for Onismor Bhasera.
- Correction - 90:00+0:31 Direct free kick taken by Jack Compton.
- Correction - 90:00+0:31 Sent off Onismor Bhasera is shown a red card.
- 90:00+0:02 Onismor Bhasera challenges Kyel Reid unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- Correction - 90:00+0:02 Onismor Bhasera concedes a free kick for a foul on Kyel Reid.
- 88:57 Ashley Hemmings has an effort at goal from long distance that misses to the left of the goal.
- 88:18 Michael Flynn has an effort at goal from just inside the box that misses to the left of the goal.
- 85:02 Kyel Reid provided the assist for the goal.
- 85:02 GOAL - James Hanson:Bradford 1 - 1 Plymouth James Hanson finds the net with a goal from the edge of the penalty area to the top left corner of the goal. Bradford 1-1 Plymouth.
- 82:26 Nick Chadwick is adjudged to have handled the ball. Direct free kick taken by Luke Oliver.
- 79:55 Substitution (Plymouth) makes a substitution, with Luke Daley coming on for Craig Sutherland.
- 74:03 The assistant referee flags for offside against Craig Sutherland. Indirect free kick taken by Jon McLaughlin.
- 72:15 Richard Ravenhill produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty box that goes wide left of the target.
- 70:31 Corner taken by Michael Flynn from the left by-line.
- 67:42 Direct free kick taken by Andrew Davies.
- 67:42 Substitution (Bradford) makes a substitution, with Nahki Wells coming on for Craig Fagan.
- 67:42 James Hanson takes a shot. Save made by Jake Cole. Ashley Hemmings challenges Kyel Reid unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 67:15 Nick Chadwick is ruled offside. Jon McLaughlin restarts play with the free kick.
- 66:15 Foul by James Hanson on Nick Chadwick, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Jake Cole.
- 65:33 Corner taken right-footed by Michael Flynn.
- 63:02 Craig Sutherland challenges Kyel Reid unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Jack Compton.
- 58:48 The assist for the goal came from Simon Walton.
- 58:48 GOAL - Craig Sutherland:Bradford 0 - 1 Plymouth Craig Sutherland finds the net with a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Bradford 0-1 Plymouth.
- 57:54 Inswinging corner taken by Will Atkinson,
- 51:29 Nick Chadwick is caught offside. Jon McLaughlin takes the indirect free kick.
- 49:49 Craig Fagan is ruled offside. Jake Cole takes the indirect free kick.
- 47:27 Nick Chadwick takes a shot. Save by Jon McLaughlin.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- 45:01 Substitution Curtis Nelson joins the action as a substitute, replacing Darren Purse.
- Half Time
- 45:00+5:55 The ref blows to signal half-time.
- 45:00+0:42 Nick Chadwick fouled by Michael Flynn, the ref awards a free kick. Shot on goal comes in from Ashley Hemmings from the free kick, save made by Jon McLaughlin.
- 43:49 Michael Flynn takes a shot. Darren Purse manages to make a clearance. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Michael Flynn from the left by-line, save made by Jake Cole.
- 43:02 Corner taken by Michael Flynn, save by Jake Cole.
- 39:35 The assistant referee signals for offside against Craig Sutherland. Free kick taken by Jon McLaughlin.
- 33:31 Durrell Berry fouled by James Hanson, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Darren Purse.
- 31:18 Maxime Blanchard challenges Craig Fagan unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jack Compton crosses the ball in from the free kick, save by Jake Cole.
- 27:52 Jack Compton concedes a free kick for a foul on Simon Walton. Free kick taken by Jake Cole.
- Correction - 22:28 Free kick taken by Andrew Davies.
- Correction - 22:28 Booking Onismor Bhasera is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 22:28 Andrew Davies takes the free kick.
- 22:28 Booking Nick Chadwick goes into the referee's book.
- Correction - 21:40 Onismor Bhasera gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jack Compton.
- 21:40 Onismor Bhasera concedes a free kick for a foul on Jack Compton.
- 18:54 Foul by Conor Hourihane on Kyel Reid, free kick awarded. Michael Flynn restarts play with the free kick. Corner taken by Kyel Reid, clearance by Simon Walton. Foul by Simon Walton on Kyel Reid, free kick awarded. The ball is sent over by Kyel Reid, Headed effort from inside the box by Craig Fagan misses to the right of the target.
- 18:33 Jack Compton takes a shot. Save made by Jake Cole.
- 15:01 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Kyel Reid.
- 11:56 The offside flag is raised against Craig Sutherland. Jon McLaughlin restarts play with the free kick.
- 9:01 Corner taken by Michael Flynn from the left by-line, Shot from inside the six-yard box by Luke Oliver goes wide right of the goal.
- 7:57 Michael Flynn gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Durrell Berry. Darren Purse restarts play with the free kick.
- 4:43 Will Atkinson fouled by Marcel Seip, the ref awards a free kick. Nick Chadwick sends in a cross, Shot from just outside the penalty box by Ashley Hemmings misses to the left of the target.
- 2:47 Effort from the edge of the penalty box by Craig Sutherland goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 0:38 Maxime Blanchard gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Richard Ravenhill. Kyel Reid restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League Two results
Npower League Two table snapshot
|24||Dag & Red||20||-20||13|