Aldershot 2-2 Rotherham
Page last updated at 17:18 GMT, Saturday, 30 April 2011 18:18 UK
Aldershot 2 - 2 Rotherham
Adam Le Fondre scored twice and helped Rotherham come from two goals behind to draw with Aldershot.
Anthony Charles volleyed in an Anthony Straker cross early on, before Danny Hylton set up Peter Vincenti who tapped in to double the lead soon after.
Le Fondre slotted in from inside the area to pull a goal back for the Millers before half time.
He went on to grab the equaliser when he cleverly lobbed Shots' goalkeeper Nick Fenton and clinched a point.POST-MATCH REACTION
Rotherham United boss Andy Scott told BBC Radio Sheffield:
"That's probably the closest we've got to a 90 minutes performance that we've had but unfortunately the first 10 minutes were horrific.
"We just didn't start well enough. Obviously the mistake, the back pass is an individual mistake and you can't legislate for those things.
"You know we just didn't start off properly but after that, after the first 15 to 20 minutes of the first half I thought we were really strong."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 30 April 2011
Npower League Two
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Young
- 02 Herd yellow card
- 05 Jones
- 06 Charles yellow card
- 11 Straker
- 04 Guttridge
- 16 Fortune (Sills 70)
- 17 McGlashan (Mekki 83)
- 21 Halls
- 12 Hylton yellow card
- 23 Vincenti
- 26 Jaimez-Ruiz,
- 15 Morris,
- 24 Berqvrst,
- 08 Harding,
- 35 Mekki,
- 19 Connolly,
- 25 Sills
- 30 Annerson
- 02 Tonge
- 03 Newey (Green 52)
- 05 Cresswell
- 06 Fenton
- 04 Harrison
- 08 Taylor
- 18 Bradley yellow card
- 27 Henderson (Marshall 66)
- 09 Pope
- 10 Le Fondre
- 01 Warrington,
- 12 Green,
- 14 Ashworth,
- 23 Kennedy,
- 16 Warne,
- 21 Marshall,
- 25 Randall
- Aldershot 64%
- Rotherham 36%
Attempts on target
- Aldershot 5
- Rotherham 3
Attempts off target
- Aldershot 2
- Rotherham 4
- Aldershot 8
- Rotherham 4
- Aldershot 5
- Rotherham 7
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:14 The match has reached full-time.
- 88:19 The offside flag is raised against Adam Le Fondre. Jamie Young takes the free kick.
- 85:08 Free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 85:08 Booking Mark Bradley is booked.
- 85:01 Unfair challenge on Ben Herd by Mark Bradley results in a free kick.
- 84:09 Corner taken by Anthony Straker, Jamie Annerson makes a save.
- 82:58 Substitution Adam Mekki joins the action as a substitute, replacing Jermaine McGlashan.
- 82:44 Free kick awarded for a foul by Adam Le Fondre on Ben Herd. Jamie Young takes the free kick.
- 81:46 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Anthony Straker, Nick Fenton makes a clearance.
- 81:06 The assistant referee flags for offside against Tom Pope. Direct free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 80:30 Unfair challenge on Danny Harrison by John Halls results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Dale Tonge.
- 79:51 The free kick is swung in right-footed by Mark Bradley.
- 79:51 Booking Anthony Charles goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- 79:24 Unfair challenge on Adam Le Fondre by Anthony Charles results in a free kick.
- 76:39 Free kick awarded for a foul by Tom Pope on Anthony Charles. Ben Herd takes the direct free kick.
- 72:26 Adam Le Fondre takes a shot. Save by Jamie Young.
- 71:25 Adam Le Fondre produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 70:28 Peter Vincenti concedes a free kick for a foul on Jamie Annerson. Jamie Annerson takes the free kick.
- 69:07 Substitution Tim Sills is brought on as a substitute for Clayton Fortune.
- 65:46 The referee blows for offside against Danny Hylton. Jamie Annerson takes the free kick.
- 65:14 Substitution (Rotherham) makes a substitution, with Marcus Marshall coming on for Liam Henderson.
- 64:46 Nick Fenton fouled by Danny Hylton, the ref awards a free kick. Nick Fenton restarts play with the free kick.
- 61:02 Effort on goal by Danny Hylton from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the target.
- 58:50 Adam Le Fondre challenges Ben Herd unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jamie Young takes the free kick.
- 56:15 Nick Fenton gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Peter Vincenti. Direct free kick taken by Peter Vincenti.
- 54:48 Jamie Annerson provided the assist for the goal.
- 54:48 GOAL - Adam Le Fondre:Aldershot 2 - 2 Rotherham Adam Le Fondre grabs a goal from inside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Aldershot 2-2 Rotherham.
- 52:36 Tom Pope is caught offside. Jamie Young restarts play with the free kick.
- 51:08 Anthony Straker makes a clearance.
- 51:08 Substitution (Rotherham) makes a substitution, with Jamie Green coming on for Tom Newey.
- 51:08 Mark Bradley takes the inswinging corner,
- 50:43 Corner taken by Mark Bradley from the right by-line, save by Jamie Young.
- 50:30 Centre by Jason Taylor, Jamie Young makes a save.
- 48:58 Inswinging corner taken by Anthony Straker, Dale Tonge manages to make a clearance.
- 47:42 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Danny Hylton from the left by-line.
- 46:45 Effort on goal by Adam Le Fondre from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the target.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:10 The referee blows for half time.
- 45:00+1:44 Shot from close in by Peter Vincenti misses to the left of the target.
- 45:00+0:39 Jermaine McGlashan is ruled offside. Tom Newey takes the direct free kick.
- 44:43 Anthony Straker takes the inswinging corner, clearance made by Nick Fenton.
- 44:32 Darren Jones takes a shot. Jamie Annerson makes a save.
- 44:11 Corner taken right-footed by Luke Guttridge, clearance made by Dale Tonge.
- 43:11 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Luke Guttridge by Jason Taylor. Luke Guttridge has a direct shot on goal from the free kick, blocked by Ryan Cresswell.
- 36:09 Free kick crossed right-footed by Mark Bradley from right wing.
- 36:09 Booking Booking for Ben Herd for unsporting behaviour.
- 36:02 Unfair challenge on Adam Le Fondre by Ben Herd results in a free kick.
- 31:38 GOAL - Adam Le Fondre:Aldershot 2 - 1 Rotherham Adam Le Fondre grabs a goal from inside the box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Aldershot 2-1 Rotherham.
- 29:00 Effort on goal by Mark Bradley from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 28:44 Danny Hylton takes a shot. Save made by Jamie Annerson.
- 27:21 Dale Tonge concedes a free kick for a foul on Danny Hylton. John Halls crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left wing.
- 26:08 Headed effort on goal by Liam Henderson from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the target.
- 25:40 Booking Danny Hylton receives a yellow card.
- 25:30 Danny Hylton is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Indirect free kick taken by Jamie Annerson.
- 17:40 Corner taken by Mark Bradley from the left by-line.
- 17:05 Corner taken right-footed by Mark Bradley, clearance made by Clayton Fortune.
- 15:00 Danny Hylton is caught offside. Direct free kick taken by Nick Fenton.
- 10:37 Assist by Danny Hylton.
- 10:37 GOAL - Peter Vincenti:Aldershot 2 - 0 Rotherham Peter Vincenti scores a goal from inside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Aldershot 2-0 Rotherham.
- 9:08 The assistant referee flags for offside against Peter Vincenti. Indirect free kick taken by Nick Fenton.
- 4:44 Assist on the goal came from Anthony Straker.
- 4:44 GOAL - Anthony Charles:Aldershot 1 - 0 Rotherham Anthony Charles scores a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Aldershot 1-0 Rotherham.
- 3:27 Short corner taken by Danny Hylton.
- 2:51 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Anthony Straker, Ryan Cresswell makes a clearance.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League Two results
Npower League Two table snapshot