Charlton 5 - 2 Preston
Page last updated at 17:03 GMT, Saturday, 5 November 2011
Charlton tore apart sorry Preston after a devastating first-half performance.
The Addicks led when Johnnie Jackson followed up Danny Green's effort to score and doubled the advantage through Michael Morrison's close-range finish.
Jackson scored from the spot after Yann Kermorgant was fouled in the area by keeper Andreas Arestidou before Bradley Wright-Phillips headed home.
Danny Hollands headed in Rhoys Wiggins' centre for 5-0 before Craig Morgan and Keammar Daley scored consolation goals.
The comfortable victory sees Charlton stretch their lead at the top of League One to five points after Huddersfield drew with Walsall.
Preston, who have now conceded 18 goals in five games, are winless in seven league matches and are five points outside the play-offs.
The visitors had chances of their own in the first half but both Barry Nicholson and Paul Coutts fired narrowly wide and over respectively.
And the game was long over by the time Morgan headed home from Paul Parry's corner and Daley notched a superb strike after flicking the ball up and rifling home.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 5 November 2011
Npower League One
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Hamer yellow card
- 05 Morrison
- 06 Taylor
- 16 Wiggins
- 20 Solly
- 02 Hughes
- 04 Jackson (Euell 81)
- 07 Green (Wagstaff 72)
- 22 Hollands
- 10 Wright-Phillips (Hayes 71)
- 36 Kermorgant
- 13 Sullivan,
- 28 Cort,
- 11 Wagstaff,
- 09 Hayes,
- 17 Euell
- 25 Arestidou
- 02 Gray
- 03 McLaughlin
- 06 Morgan
- 12 McLean (Daley 46)
- 14 Smith yellow card (Mayor 46)
- 22 Alexander
- 08 Coutts yellow card
- 10 Nicholson
- 17 Parry
- 11 Tsoumou
- 04 Ashbee,
- 15 Barton,
- 16 Mayor,
- 19 Daley,
- 40 Zibaka
- Charlton 64%
- Preston 36%
Attempts on target
- Charlton 7
- Preston 4
Attempts off target
- Charlton 3
- Preston 5
- Charlton 6
- Preston 4
- Charlton 6
- Preston 8
- Final Result
- 93:07 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- Full Time
- 90:00+1:55 Paul Coutts takes the inswinging corner, Jason Euell manages to make a clearance.
- 90:00+1:30 Unfair challenge on Paul Coutts by Yann Kermorgant results in a free kick. Craig Morgan takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+0:44 Graham Alexander challenges Scott Wagstaff unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick crossed right-footed by Andy Hughes from right channel.
- 90:00+0:01 Paul Coutts provided the assist for the goal.
- 90:00+0:01 GOAL - Keammar Daley:Charlton 5 - 2 Preston A goal is scored by Keammar Daley from inside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Charlton 5-2 Preston.
- 89:05 Paul Hayes takes a shot. Save by Andreas Arestidou.
- 88:01 Unfair challenge on David Gray by Yann Kermorgant results in a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by David Gray.
- 84:11 Assist on the goal came from Paul Parry.
- 84:11 GOAL - Craig Morgan:Charlton 5 - 1 Preston Craig Morgan finds the net with a headed goal from deep inside the penalty area. Charlton 5-1 Preston.
- 83:53 Corner taken left-footed by Paul Parry from the right by-line,
- 82:07 Corner taken by Jason Euell from the left by-line to the near post, Graham Alexander makes a clearance.
- 80:59 Substitution Jason Euell replaces Johnnie Jackson.
- 76:11 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Andy Hughes.
- 71:09 Substitution Danny Green leaves the field to be replaced by Scott Wagstaff.
- 70:45 Substitution (Charlton) makes a substitution, with Paul Hayes coming on for Bradley Wright-Phillips.
- 68:12 The assist for the goal came from Rhoys Wiggins.
- 68:12 GOAL - Danny Hollands:Charlton 5 - 0 Preston Danny Hollands finds the net with a headed goal from deep inside the penalty area. Charlton 5-0 Preston.
- 64:10 Paul Coutts concedes a free kick for a foul on Rhoys Wiggins. Indirect free kick taken by Johnnie Jackson.
- 61:39 Yann Kermorgant takes a shot. Save made by Andreas Arestidou.
- 60:28 Foul by Danny Hollands on Keammar Daley, free kick awarded. Graham Alexander takes the free kick.
- 57:23 Bradley Wright-Phillips takes a shot. Save made by Andreas Arestidou.
- 56:37 Shot from just outside the area by Paul Coutts goes over the bar.
- 52:20 Bradley Wright-Phillips has a headed effort at goal from deep inside the area missing to the left of the target.
- 50:27 Johnnie Jackson takes a corner.
- 49:59 The assistant referee flags for offside against Bradley Wright-Phillips. Free kick taken by Andreas Arestidou.
- 49:26 Foul by Conor McLaughlin on Bradley Wright-Phillips, free kick awarded. Johnnie Jackson crosses the ball from the free kick left-footed from left channel.
- 45:12 Substitution Danny Mayor comes on in place of Steven Smith.
- 45:12 Substitution Keammar Daley on for Brian McLean.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:57 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+2:03 Danny Green restarts play with the free kick.
- 45:00+2:03 Booking Paul Coutts booked.
- 45:00+1:47 Unfair challenge on Danny Green by Paul Coutts results in a free kick.
- 45:00+1:11 Corner taken right-footed by Danny Green from the left by-line to the near post, clearance made by Graham Alexander.
- 43:14 The assistant referee signals for offside against Juvhel Tsoumou. Michael Morrison restarts play with the free kick.
- 42:27 Shot on goal by Bradley Wright-Phillips from inside the box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 41:28 Matthew Taylor has an effort at goal from outside the area missing to the wide right of the goal.
- 39:31 Danny Hollands gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Juvhel Tsoumou. Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Paul Parry.
- 38:34 Paul Coutts takes a shot. Save by Ben Hamer.
- 37:35 GOAL - Bradley Wright-Phillips:Charlton 4 - 0 Preston Bradley Wright-Phillips finds the back of the net with a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Charlton 4-0 Preston.
- 36:25 Barry Nicholson takes a shot. Ben Hamer makes a save.
- 34:41 Corner taken by Paul Parry from the right by-line, Header from deep inside the area by Juvhel Tsoumou goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 27:24 Effort on goal by Barry Nicholson from deep inside the area goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 25:55 GOAL - Johnnie Jackson:Charlton 3 - 0 Preston Penalty taken left-footed by Johnnie Jackson and scored. Charlton 3-0 Preston.
- 24:09 Foul by Andreas Arestidou on Yann Kermorgant, Penalty awarded.
- 23:13 Paul Coutts has an effort at goal from long distance that goes wide left of the upright.
- 21:15 GOAL - Michael Morrison:Charlton 2 - 0 Preston Michael Morrison grabs a goal from close in low into the middle of the goal. Charlton 2-0 Preston.
- 20:27 Corner taken left-footed by Johnnie Jackson, Andreas Arestidou makes a save.
- 18:32 Inswinging corner taken by Johnnie Jackson, save made by Andreas Arestidou.
- 17:49 Yann Kermorgant gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Paul Parry. Direct free kick taken by Andreas Arestidou.
- 17:13 Matthew Taylor fouled by Juvhel Tsoumou, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ben Hamer.
- 16:00 Booking Ben Hamer receives a caution.
- 15:01 Assist on the goal came from Danny Green.
- 15:01 GOAL - Johnnie Jackson:Charlton 1 - 0 Preston Johnnie Jackson fires in a goal from inside the box low into the middle of the goal. Charlton 1-0 Preston.
- 9:58 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Barry Nicholson, save made by Ben Hamer.
- 7:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Yann Kermorgant by Juvhel Tsoumou. Free kick taken by Matthew Taylor.
- 2:32 Booking Steven Smith receives a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 2:26 Foul by Steven Smith on Chris Solly, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Ben Hamer.
- 0:28 Yann Kermorgant challenges Graham Alexander unfairly and gives away a free kick. Barry Nicholson crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left wing, Matthew Taylor manages to make a clearance.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to start the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League One results
Npower League One table snapshot