Exeter 1-2 Brentford
Page last updated at 21:16 GMT, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 22:16 UK
Exeter 1 - 2 Brentford
Exeter's search for a first league win of the season will go on after they were beaten at home by Brentford.
The Bees took the lead when Jonathan Douglas's free-kick took a cruel deflection off Grecians midfielder James Dunne.
Niall McGinn centred for Clayton Donaldson to head home for 2-0.
The hosts got back in the game when Leon Legge brought Tom Nichols down in the area, with Guillem Bauza slotting home the kick but it was not enough.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Exeter manager Paul Tisdale told BBC Radio Devon:
"We gave them a two goal start which was a lot to hang onto and it was too much for us to come back into it.
"I'm accountable for the performance as it's my team out there, but the players are responsible for their performances.
"Things will settle down - it always takes a couple of months for me to see the pattern in this team."
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 16 August 2011
Npower League One
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Krysiak
- 02 Tully
- 05 Archibald-Henville
- 06 Duffy yellow card
- 11 Golbourne
- 04 Dunne
- 07 Sercombe (Jones 88)
- 08 Noble yellow card
- 14 Shephard
- 12 Bignall (Nicholls 53)
- 20 Logan (Bauza 46)
- 40 Pidgeley,
- 03 Jones,
- 18 Coles,
- 21 Bauza,
- 29 Nicholls
- 01 Lee
- 03 Woodman yellow card
- 14 Logan
- 22 Osborne
- 32 Legge
- 07 Saunders (Weston 76 yellow card)
- 08 Douglas
- 18 McGinn (Forrester 90+3)
- 40 Reeves (O'Connor 61)
- 09 Donaldson
- 29 Alexander yellow card
- 31 Moore,
- 05 Eger,
- 02 O'Connor,
- 11 Weston,
- 19 Forrester
- Exeter 65%
- Brentford 35%
Attempts on target
- Exeter 3
- Brentford 3
Attempts off target
- Exeter 7
- Brentford 2
- Exeter 10
- Brentford 4
- Exeter 8
- Brentford 10
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:44 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+2:23 Substitution Harry Forrester on for Niall McGinn.
- 88:40 David Noble takes a corner.
- 87:38 Substitution Billy Jones replaces Liam Sercombe.
- 86:37 Free kick awarded for a foul by Liam Sercombe on Myles Weston. Direct free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 84:14 Chris Shephard delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from right channel.
- 84:14 Booking Caution for Myles Weston.
- 83:59 Foul by Myles Weston on James Dunne, free kick awarded.
- 80:46 Chris Shephard produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 80:17 Booking Craig Woodman receives a yellow card.
- 77:59 Foul by Craig Woodman on Steve Tully, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Chris Shephard.
- 76:18 Scott Golbourne challenges Niall McGinn unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Myles Weston.
- 75:40 Foul by Tom Nichols on Leon Legge, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 75:23 Substitution Myles Weston replaces Sam Saunders.
- 74:46 Troy Archibald-Henville gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Shaleum Logan. Richard Lee takes the direct free kick.
- 73:36 Corner taken by Chris Shephard from the left by-line to the near post, Karleigh Osborne makes a clearance.
- 72:59 Outswinging corner taken by Sam Saunders, save by Artur Krysiak.
- 72:33 Strike on goal comes in from Sam Saunders from the free kick, save by Artur Krysiak.
- 72:33 Booking Richard Duffy goes into the referee's book.
- 72:29 Foul by Richard Duffy on Sam Saunders, free kick awarded.
- 71:26 Shot by James Dunne from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 69:33 Effort from inside the area by Scott Golbourne misses to the left of the goal.
- 65:32 The assist for the goal came from Richard Duffy.
- 65:09 GOAL - Guillem Bauza:Exeter 1 - 2 Brentford Guillem Bauza scores a placed penalty. Exeter 1-2 Brentford.
- 63:42 Tom Nichols fouled by Leon Legge, the ref awards a Penalty.
- 63:02 Richard Duffy fouled by Jonathan Douglas, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Richard Duffy.
- 61:49 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Chris Shephard, save by Richard Lee.
- 61:16 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by David Noble, Troy Archibald-Henville takes a shot. Save made by Richard Lee.
- 60:26 Corner from the right by-line taken by Chris Shephard, A cross is delivered by Liam Sercombe, Richard Lee makes a save.
- 60:26 Substitution Kevin O'Connor on for Jake Reeves.
- 57:52 Clayton Donaldson produces a right-footed shot from inside the area that clears the bar.
- 56:51 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Leon Legge, Headed effort from inside the area by Shaleum Logan misses to the left of the goal.
- 55:17 Jonathan Douglas challenges David Noble unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Richard Duffy.
- 52:42 Substitution Tom Nichols replaces Nicholas Bignall.
- 49:35 Corner taken right-footed by David Noble.
- 46:12 Corner from right by-line taken by Sam Saunders.
- 45:34 David Noble takes a inswinging corner.
- 45:18 Guillem Bauza takes a shot. Shaleum Logan gets a block in.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- 45:01 Substitution (Exeter) makes a substitution, with Guillem Bauza coming on for Richard Logan.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:04 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+0:06 Clayton Donaldson is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Steve Tully takes the free kick.
- 42:51 Nicholas Bignall is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Richard Lee takes the free kick.
- 41:29 The referee blows for offside. Richard Lee takes the indirect free kick.
- 39:14 Clayton Donaldson is ruled offside. Free kick taken by Richard Duffy.
- 36:52 Niall McGinn provided the assist for the goal.
- 36:52 GOAL - Clayton Donaldson:Exeter 0 - 2 Brentford Clayton Donaldson grabs a headed goal from close range. Exeter 0-2 Brentford.
- 35:10 Sam Saunders decides to take a short corner.
- 31:53 James Dunne takes a shot. Blocked by Karleigh Osborne.
- 31:14 Gary Alexander concedes a free kick for a foul on David Noble.
- 30:55 Richard Duffy takes the free kick.
- 30:55 Booking Gary Alexander receives a caution for unsporting behaviour.
- 28:24 Corner from the right by-line taken by Chris Shephard, Headed effort from deep inside the area by Troy Archibald-Henville misses to the left of the goal.
- 25:26 David Noble has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 23:36 The referee blows for offside against Clayton Donaldson. Free kick taken by Troy Archibald-Henville.
- 21:51 Leon Legge challenges Nicholas Bignall unfairly and gives away a free kick. James Dunne takes the free kick.
- 19:15 Corner taken right-footed by David Noble, clearance by Leon Legge.
- 17:54 Assist on the goal came from Jonathan Douglas.
- 17:46 GOAL - James Dunne:Exeter 0 - 1 Brentford James Dunne puts the ball into his own goal from 6 yards. Exeter 0-1 Brentford.
- 16:21 Jonathan Douglas fouled by Richard Logan, the ref awards a free kick. Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Jonathan Douglas, James Dunne gets a block in.
- 16:03 Liam Sercombe gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jake Reeves. Jonathan Douglas takes the free kick.
- 14:35 Inswinging corner taken by David Noble from the left by-line.
- 13:15 Foul by Shaleum Logan on Nicholas Bignall, free kick awarded. Chris Shephard takes the free kick.
- 11:08 Shot by Nicholas Bignall from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 9:03 James Dunne is penalised for handball and concedes a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 8:10 The assistant referee flags for offside against Nicholas Bignall. Free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 7:22 Leon Legge is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Artur Krysiak restarts play with the free kick.
- 6:34 Craig Woodman crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from right channel.
- 6:34 Booking David Noble goes into the book.
- 6:22 David Noble concedes a free kick for a foul on Jonathan Douglas.
- 3:58 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Richard Duffy by Clayton Donaldson. Troy Archibald-Henville takes the direct free kick.
- 2:13 Liam Sercombe is caught offside. Richard Lee takes the free kick.
- 1:26 Jonathan Douglas challenges Chris Shephard unfairly and gives away a free kick. Richard Duffy takes the free kick.
- 0:25 Chris Shephard has an effort at goal from outside the box which goes wide left of the goal.
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League One results
Npower League One table snapshot