Brentford 2-0 Yeovil
Page last updated at 16:51 GMT, Saturday, 6 August 2011 17:51 UK
Goals from Shaleum Logan and Gary Alexander ensured Uwe Rosler's reign as Brentford boss started with a victory.
Yeovil fell behind when Alexander converted from the penalty spot after Nathan Jones had handled in the area.
Logan, a summer signing from Manchester City, doubled Brentford's advantage when he fired home from 12 yards following good work from Sam Saunders.
The Glovers' best chance fell to Gavin Williams but his 30-yard effort was tipped wide by keeper Richard Lee.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Brentford manager Uwe Rosler told BBC London 94.9:
"I thought it was important to take the momentum from pre-season into the league.
"The lads did remarkably well especially in the first half, I felt we had a very good balancing between playing the way we want to play but also showing some toughness and directness.
"We put them under pressure from the first minute."
Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton told BBC Somerset:
"I think everyone in this stadium today got caught up in the Uwe Rosler show. I think we did as a team, we didn't come out and play.
"How was that meant to be a penalty? I just couldn't fathom it - I'll be asking for some feedback on that.
"Taking that first goal that was gifted to them away from the game...we seem to have given a result away."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 6 August 2011
Npower League One
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Lee
- 03 Woodman
- 05 Eger
- 14 Logan
- 22 Osborne
- 08 Douglas
- 11 Weston (Saunders 59)
- 18 McGinn (MacDonald 72)
- 40 Reeves (O'Connor 81)
- 09 Donaldson
- 29 Alexander
- 31 Moore,
- 06 Balkestein,
- 02 O'Connor,
- 07 Saunders,
- 10 MacDonald
- 01 Steer
- 02 Ayling yellow card
- 03 Jones
- 04 Ngala
- 05 Huntington
- 14 Ehmer (Haynes-Brown 56)
- 08 Upson yellow card
- 10 Williams
- 20 Wotton yellow card
- 09 MacLean yellow card (Fallon 56)
- 29 Obika (A Williams 62)
- 19 Haynes-Brown,
- 11 Edgar,
- 07 A Williams,
- 18 Agard,
- 37 Fallon
- Brentford 52%
- Yeovil 48%
Attempts on target
- Brentford 8
- Yeovil 3
Attempts off target
- Brentford 9
- Yeovil 5
- Brentford 6
- Yeovil 4
- Brentford 6
- Yeovil 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:28 The final whistle is blown by the referee.
- 90:00+3:52 Effort by Gavin Williams from a long way out goes over the target.
- 90:00+3:28 Shot by Charlie MacDonald from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the target.
- 90:00+1:34 Shot from inside the area by Gary Alexander clears the bar.
- 90:00+0:09 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Gavin Williams, Karleigh Osborne makes a clearance.
- 89:49 Gavin Williams takes a shot. Save made by Richard Lee.
- 87:03 Charlie MacDonald has an effort at goal from the edge of the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 84:39 Gavin Williams takes a shot from long range which goes wide of the right-hand post.
- 83:09 Sam Saunders concedes a free kick for a foul on Andrew Williams. Direct free kick taken by Gavin Williams.
- 82:34 The offside flag is raised against Andrew Williams. Indirect free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 82:07 Gary Alexander challenges Bondz N'Gala unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jed Steer takes the direct free kick.
- 80:32 Charlie MacDonald gets a block in.
- 80:32 Substitution Kevin O'Connor comes on in place of Jake Reeves.
- 80:32 Charlie MacDonald takes a shot.
- 75:06 Sam Saunders provided the assist for the goal.
- 75:06 GOAL - Shaleum Logan:Brentford 2 - 0 Yeovil Goal scored by Shaleum Logan from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Brentford 2-0 Yeovil.
- 72:29 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Gavin Williams from the left by-line to the near post, Rory Fallon produces a left-footed shot from close range that goes over the bar.
- 71:08 Substitution Charlie MacDonald is brought on as a substitute for Niall McGinn.
- 69:09 Jake Reeves takes the outswinging corner, Marcel Eger takes a shot. Save by Jed Steer. Inswinging corner taken by Sam Saunders.
- 68:24 Booking Luke Ayling is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 67:59 Luke Ayling concedes a free kick for a foul on Shaleum Logan. Karleigh Osborne takes the direct free kick.
- 67:34 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Sam Saunders.
- 67:04 Clayton Donaldson takes a shot. Save by Jed Steer.
- 66:43 Gary Alexander handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Free kick taken by Jed Steer.
- 65:53 Booking Booking for Edward Upson for unsporting behaviour.
- 65:34 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Marcel Eger by Edward Upson. Free kick taken by Richard Lee.
- 64:21 The referee blows for offside. Jed Steer takes the direct free kick.
- 63:32 Outswinging corner taken by Gavin Williams from the right by-line, Richard Lee makes a save.
- 61:37 Substitution Andrew Williams on for Jonathan Obika.
- 56:54 Sam Saunders takes a shot. Nathan Jones gets a block in.
- 56:54 Substitution Myles Weston goes off and Sam Saunders comes on.
- 56:54 Foul by Nathan Jones on Myles Weston, free kick awarded.
- 55:32 Substitution Curtis Haynes-Brown on for Max Ehmer.
- 55:32 Substitution Rory Fallon comes on in place of Steven MacLean.
- 55:13 Effort on goal by Niall McGinn from inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 51:24 Effort on goal by Myles Weston from just outside the area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 49:53 Corner taken right-footed by Niall McGinn from the right by-line to the near post, Marcel Eger takes a shot. Jake Reeves takes a shot. Save by Jed Steer.
- 48:44 Corner taken by Jake Reeves.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:36 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+2:53 Unfair challenge on Gavin Williams by Shaleum Logan results in a free kick. Gavin Williams crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left channel, Marcel Eger makes a clearance.
- 40:57 Centre by Jake Reeves, Close range headed effort by Gary Alexander goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 34:52 Shot from inside the six-yard box by Nathan Jones goes wide right of the target.
- 33:41 Gavin Williams takes a shot from a long way out clearing the bar.
- 30:28 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Steven MacLean by Karleigh Osborne. Paul Wotton takes the direct free kick.
- 29:12 GOAL - Gary Alexander:Brentford 1 - 0 Yeovil Placed penalty scored by Gary Alexander. Brentford 1-0 Yeovil.
- 28:17 Booking Paul Wotton booked.
- Correction - 26:15 Nathan Jones is adjudged to have handled the ball.
- 26:15 Craig Woodman handles the ball and concedes a .
- 24:33 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Jed Steer.
- 23:52 The offside flag is raised against Niall McGinn. Indirect free kick taken by Jed Steer.
- 22:33 Free kick awarded for a foul by Paul Huntington on Clayton Donaldson. Jake Reeves fires a strike on goal direct from the free kick, Gavin Williams gets a block in.
- 17:55 Handball by Paul Huntington. Jake Reeves produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 17:28 Unfair challenge on Jonathan Douglas by Paul Wotton results in a free kick. Craig Woodman takes the free kick.
- 16:14 Bondz N'Gala concedes a free kick for a foul on Clayton Donaldson. Jake Reeves takes the free kick.
- 15:45 The assistant referee flags for offside against Jonathan Obika. Richard Lee restarts play with the free kick.
- 15:26 Myles Weston takes a shot. Save by Jed Steer.
- 11:12 Jake Reeves concedes a free kick for a foul on Edward Upson. Gavin Williams takes the free kick.
- 10:39 Corner from the left by-line taken by Gavin Williams, Clayton Donaldson manages to make a clearance.
- 10:21 Myles Weston concedes a free kick for a foul on Luke Ayling. Direct free kick taken by Jed Steer.
- 9:54 Luke Ayling takes a shot. Craig Woodman gets a block in.
- 9:28 Gavin Williams takes a shot. Save by Richard Lee.
- 5:28 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Myles Weston by Edward Upson. Craig Woodman crosses the ball from the free kick left-footed from right channel, Nathan Jones gets a block in.
- 3:46 Jake Reeves produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 2:53 Booking Steven MacLean goes into the book.
- 2:30 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Shaleum Logan by Steven MacLean. Direct free kick taken by Shaleum Logan.
- 0:00 The match begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League One results
Npower League One table snapshot