Plymouth 1-4 Leyton Orient
Page last updated at 17:03 GMT, Saturday, 7 May 2011 18:03 UK
Plymouth 1 - 4 Leyton Orient
Plymouth ended their miserable season with a heavy defeat by Leyton Orient.
Curtis Nelson handled Matt Spring's effort allowing Scott McGleish to slot home from the spot, Dean Cox made it 2-0 moments later with a fine free kick.
Yannick Bolasie hit a thunderous finish from range for the hosts before Pilgrims keeper Romain Larrieu saw red for handling outside the area.
Alex Revell scored from the resultant free-kick and then got on the end of Charlie Daniels' cross for his brace.POST MATCH REACTION
Plymouth Argyle manager Peter Reid told BBC Radio Devon:
"The supporters were fantastic, it's just that we couldn't give them anything, we tried, but when you're down there you don't get the rub of the green.
"I wanted to have a look at certain things and there were certain things that pleased me out there today.
"It's going to be a clean sweep, we'll see what happens when the new owner comes in, but this football club's got fantastic support and we need to give them something back next season."
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade told BBC London 94.9:
"We got a fairly comfortable lead, 2-0 at half-time and to be fair to Plymouth they put us under pressure for 20 minutes at the start of the second half and got one back.
"The key was the third goal and the fourth was the type of play I want from my players.
"I'm ready for a break now, but you have to take the season in context as a whole and maybe the slow start and the injuries, but we've rallied and 70 points isn't bad and probably the highest the club has finished for a while."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower League One
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Larrieu red card
- 02 Duguid
- 35 Nelson
- 36 Zubar yellow card
- 04 Fletcher yellow card
- 19 Bolasie
- 21 Peterlin
- 29 Paterson
- 34 Young (Button 77)
- 08 Patterson (Arnason 72)
- 16 Mason
- 31 Button,
- 33 Chenoweth,
- 03 Ngala,
- 11 Arnason,
- 20 Summerfield
- 12 Butcher
- 02 Omozusi
- 06 Forbes
- 30 Barrett yellow card
- 07 Cox
- 08 Dawson yellow card
- 13 Daniels
- 16 Spring (Chorley 67)
- 25 Carroll (Chambers 80)
- 27 M'Poku
- 09 McGleish (Revell 67)
- 03 Whing,
- 04 Chorley,
- 17 Crowe,
- 10 Chambers,
- 11 Revell,
- 18 Tehoue,
- 29 Kane
- Plymouth 46%
- Leyton Orient 54%
Attempts on target
- Plymouth 6
- Leyton Orient 5
Attempts off target
- Plymouth 7
- Leyton Orient 3
- Plymouth 10
- Leyton Orient 1
- Plymouth 8
- Leyton Orient 8
- Final Result
- 93:05 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:45 Joe Mason takes a shot. Save made by Lee Butcher.
- 90:00+0:09 Alex Revell fouled by Stephane Zubar, the ref awards a free kick. Ben Chorley takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+0:09 Booking Booking for Stephane Zubar.
- 88:21 Assist on the goal came from Charlie Daniels.
- 88:21 GOAL - Alex Revell:Plymouth 1 - 4 Leyton Orient Alex Revell scores a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Plymouth 1-4 Leyton Orient.
- 87:30 Adam Chambers is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Stephane Zubar.
- 85:42 Yannick Bolasie fouled by Adam Barrett, the ref awards a free kick. Shot on goal comes in from James Paterson from the free kick, Adam Chambers gets a block in.
- 85:42 Booking The referee shows Adam Barrett a yellow card.
- 83:57 Elliot Omozusi fouled by Stephane Zubar, the ref awards a free kick. Charlie Daniels shoots direct from the free kick, blocked by Anton Peterlin.
- 81:14 Terrell Forbes is caught offside. Free kick taken by David Button.
- 80:43 Dean Cox takes a inswinging corner.
- 79:03 Stephen Dawson fouled by Kari Arnason, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Ben Chorley.
- 79:03 Substitution Adam Chambers is brought on as a substitute for Thomas Carroll.
- 76:47 Handball by Romain Larrieu.
- 76:47 GOAL - Alex Revell:Plymouth 1 - 3 Leyton Orient Alex Revell grabs a goal from long range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Plymouth 1-3 Leyton Orient.
- 76:13 Substitution David Button joins the action as a substitute, replacing Luke Young.
- 74:36 Sent off Romain Larrieu receives a red card.
- 71:37 Substitution Kari Arnason joins the action as a substitute, replacing Rory Patterson.
- 71:10 Dean Cox produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the six-yard box which goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 70:27 Booking Carl Fletcher receives a caution.
- 70:18 Foul by Luke Young on Charlie Daniels, free kick awarded. Charlie Daniels takes the direct free kick.
- 70:18 Booking Stephen Dawson booked for dissent.
- 66:47 Substitution Matthew Spring leaves the field to be replaced by Ben Chorley.
- 66:47 Substitution Alex Revell replaces Scott McGleish.
- 66:26 Foul by Terrell Forbes on Yannick Bolasie, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Carl Fletcher.
- 64:59 Corner from right by-line taken by Luke Young.
- 64:43 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Anton Peterlin by Paul-Jose M'Poku. Carl Fletcher takes the direct free kick.
- 62:46 GOAL - Yannick Bolasie:Plymouth 1 - 2 Leyton Orient Yannick Bolasie grabs a goal from long range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Plymouth 1-2 Leyton Orient.
- 61:41 Anton Peterlin takes a inswinging corner from the left by-line to the near post, save by Lee Butcher.
- 61:23 Rory Patterson takes a shot. Adam Barrett gets a block in.
- 58:20 Corner from right by-line taken by Luke Young.
- 54:11 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Anton Peterlin, Adam Barrett manages to make a clearance.
- 53:51 Effort from deep inside the area by Joe Mason bounces off the post.
- 52:36 Header from deep inside the area by Yannick Bolasie goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 52:14 Outswinging corner taken by Luke Young, Scott McGleish manages to make a clearance.
- 51:44 Stephen Dawson takes a shot.
- 49:10 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Luke Young.
- 47:18 Long range shot from Carl Fletcher misses to the left of the target.
- 45:31 Unfair challenge on Yannick Bolasie by Matthew Spring results in a free kick. Anton Peterlin takes the free kick.
- 45:01 The match restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:13 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 45:00+1:05 Header from deep inside the area by Stephane Zubar goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 44:47 Unfair challenge on Charlie Daniels by Rory Patterson results in a free kick. Adam Barrett restarts play with the free kick.
- 44:35 Foul by Paul-Jose M'Poku on Luke Young, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Karl Duguid.
- 42:38 Effort on goal by Thomas Carroll from just inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 40:27 Effort on goal by Carl Fletcher from long range goes over the crossbar.
- 39:03 Free kick awarded for a foul by Terrell Forbes on Joe Mason. Carl Fletcher restarts play with the free kick.
- 37:26 Carl Fletcher takes a shot. Blocked by Adam Barrett.
- 35:00 Charlie Daniels gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Luke Young. Free kick taken by Luke Young.
- 29:10 Centre by James Paterson, Header from deep inside the area by Rory Patterson goes harmlessly over the crossbar.
- 26:04 Foul by Stephane Zubar on Matthew Spring, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Thomas Carroll.
- 25:28 Corner taken right-footed by Luke Young.
- 24:34 Matthew Spring takes a shot. Save by Romain Larrieu.
- 15:58 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Luke Young played to the near post, Close range headed effort by Stephane Zubar misses to the right of the target.
- 14:49 Unfair challenge on Paul-Jose M'Poku by Carl Fletcher results in a free kick.
- 14:49 GOAL - Dean Cox:Plymouth 0 - 2 Leyton Orient Dean Cox finds the net with a goal from long range to the bottom left corner of the goal. Plymouth 0-2 Leyton Orient.
- 13:00 The referee penalises Curtis Nelson for handball.
- 13:00 GOAL - Scott McGleish:Plymouth 0 - 1 Leyton Orient Scott McGleish scores a penalty. Plymouth 0-1 Leyton Orient.
- 7:49 Corner taken right-footed by Luke Young from the left by-line, clearance by Thomas Carroll.
- 5:47 Rory Patterson takes a shot. Blocked by Adam Barrett.
- 3:41 Scott McGleish is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Stephane Zubar takes the direct free kick.
- 2:12 Unfair challenge on Elliot Omozusi by Stephane Zubar results in a free kick. Lee Butcher takes the direct free kick.
- 1:54 Short corner taken by Yannick Bolasie.
- 0:24 Foul by Charlie Daniels on Yannick Bolasie, free kick awarded. Carl Fletcher restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to start the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League One results
- Colchester2-1Bristol RFT Bristol Rovers are relegated
- Notts County1-1BrightonFT
- Oldham1-2MK DonsFT
- Peterborough5-0Dag & RedFT Dag & Red are relegated
- Plymouth1-4Leyton OrientFT
- Sheff Wed1-2ExeterFT
- Southampton3-1WalsallFT Southampton are promoted
Npower League One table snapshot
|21||Dag & Red||46||-18||47|