Colchester 2-1 Bristol R
Page last updated at 18:12 GMT, Saturday, 7 May 2011 19:12 UK
Colchester 2 - 1 Bristol Rovers
A brace from Colchester striker Ian Henderson was enough to confirm Bristol Rovers' relegation from League One.
Henderson put the U's in front before the half-hour mark after Kayode Odejayi had headed Lloyd James' cross back across goal.
And just two minutes later he added a second after wriggling past Ben Swallow to shoot past Conrad Logan.
Rovers scored a second-half consolation when substitute Eliot Richards headed in Gavin Williams' free-kick.
The U's secured a 10th place finish with their first ever double over Pirates, while the result relegates Bristol Rovers after four straight seasons in League One.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower League One
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
|(HT 2-0)Bristol Rovers are relegated|
- 01 Williams
- 03 Beevers
- 20 Wilson
- 25 White
- 28 Heath
- 08 O'Toole (Sanderson 81)
- 14 Bond (Izzet 89)
- 26 James
- 07 Vincent
- 15 Odejayi
- 16 Henderson
- 12 Cousins,
- 06 N Clarke,
- 34 Bender,
- 10 Izzet,
- 22 Wordsworth,
- 24 Coker,
- 33 Sanderson
- 36 Logan
- 15 Anthony yellow card
- 21 Clough
- 37 Senda
- 04 Lines
- 14 Brown (Richard 62)
- 22 Pell (Clarke 88)
- 23 Swallow
- 34 Kalala
- 35 Williams
- 08 Hoskins (Lambe 89)
- 13 Green,
- 19 Lambe,
- 20 Reece,
- 24 Clarke,
- 28 Powell,
- 29 Jeffries,
- 18 Richard
- Colchester 46%
- Bristol R 54%
Attempts on target
- Colchester 5
- Bristol R 3
Attempts off target
- Colchester 7
- Bristol R 7
- Colchester 4
- Bristol R 3
- Colchester 4
- Bristol R 3
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:39 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 88:37 Substitution Kemal Izzet on for Andy Bond.
- 88:00 Substitution Reggie Lambe joins the action as a substitute, replacing Will Hoskins.
- 88:00 Substitution Ollie Clarke comes on in place of Harry Pell.
- 87:19 Matt Heath challenges Will Hoskins unfairly and gives away a free kick. Chris Lines shoots direct from the free kick.
- 82:33 Outswinging corner taken by Lloyd James, clearance made by Danny Senda.
- 80:04 Substitution Jordan Sanderson joins the action as a substitute, replacing John-Joe O'Toole.
- 78:42 Handball by Harry Pell. Lloyd James restarts play with the free kick.
- 78:03 Will Hoskins produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 71:28 The assist for the goal came from Danny Senda.
- 71:28 GOAL - Eliot Richards:Colchester 2 - 1 Bristol Rovers Goal scored by Eliot Richards from inside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Colchester 2-1 Bristol Rovers.
- 70:41 Close range header by John-Joe O'Toole misses to the right of the target.
- 69:57 The assistant referee signals for offside against Will Hoskins. Free kick taken by Ben Williams.
- 68:04 Corner taken by Gavin Williams played to the near post, clearance by Matt Heath.
- 66:19 John-Joe O'Toole takes a shot. Clearance by Charlie Clough.
- 65:31 Chris Lines takes a shot from just outside the penalty area clears the crossbar.
- 64:07 Eliot Richards takes a shot. Ben Williams gets a block in.
- 61:24 Substitution Eliot Richards joins the action as a substitute, replacing Wayne Brown.
- 60:17 Ben Swallow gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Kayode Odejayi. Free kick taken by Brian Wilson.
- 58:25 Shot from just outside the area by Andy Bond goes over the bar.
- 57:54 Gavin Williams takes a shot. Comfortable save by Ben Williams.
- 56:17 Effort on goal by Gavin Williams from just inside the area clears the bar.
- 54:55 Free kick awarded for a foul by Matt Heath on Ben Swallow. Free kick taken by Chris Lines.
- 52:08 Lloyd James fouled by Harry Pell, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Matt Heath.
- 50:45 The referee blows for offside. Free kick taken by Conrad Logan.
- 46:52 Effort on goal by Chris Lines from just inside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 45:49 Chris Lines has an effort at goal from outside the area which goes wide right of the goal.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:05 The ref blows to signal half-time.
- 45:00+1:41 Lee Beevers challenges Chris Lines unfairly and gives away a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Conrad Logan.
- 45:00+1:15 Corner taken right-footed by Lloyd James.
- 45:00+0:04 Corner taken right-footed by Wayne Brown to the near post, Brian Wilson manages to make a clearance.
- 44:24 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Wayne Brown, clearance by Matt Heath.
- 42:36 Andy Bond has an effort at goal from just inside the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 39:11 Brian Wilson has an effort direct from the free kick.
- 39:11 Booking Byron Anthony is cautioned.
- 39:03 Byron Anthony challenges John White unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 37:59 Unfair challenge on Will Hoskins by Matt Heath results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Ben Swallow.
- 35:15 The referee blows for offside against Gavin Williams. Ben Williams takes the free kick.
- 34:28 Effort from deep inside the area by Kayode Odejayi clears the bar.
- 31:41 The offside flag is raised against Will Hoskins. Free kick taken by Ben Williams.
- 29:42 Assist on the goal came from Ashley Vincent.
- 29:42 GOAL - Ian Henderson:Colchester 2 - 0 Bristol Rovers Ian Henderson fires in a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Colchester 2-0 Bristol Rovers.
- 28:48 Ben Swallow has an effort at goal from outside the penalty box which goes wide right of the target.
- 27:12 Assist by Kayode Odejayi.
- 27:12 GOAL - Ian Henderson:Colchester 1 - 0 Bristol Rovers Ian Henderson scores a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Colchester 1-0 Bristol Rovers.
- 26:12 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Conrad Logan.
- 24:01 Ashley Vincent takes a shot. Conrad Logan makes a save.
- 16:13 Corner taken by Lloyd James from the right by-line, Lee Beevers has a headed effort at goal from close in which goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 15:00 Outswinging corner taken by Lloyd James from the right by-line, Close range headed effort by Matt Heath goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 12:27 The official flags John-Joe O'Toole offside. Free kick taken by Conrad Logan.
- 8:39 Harry Pell is caught offside. Free kick taken by Ben Williams.
- 2:47 John-Joe O'Toole takes a shot. Conrad Logan makes a save.
- 0:13 Handball decision goes against John-Joe O'Toole. Conrad Logan takes the indirect free kick.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower League One results
- Colchester2-1Bristol RFT Bristol Rovers are relegated
- Notts County1-1BrightonFT
- Oldham1-2MK DonsFT
- Peterborough5-0Dag & RedFT Dag & Red are relegated
- Plymouth1-4Leyton OrientFT
- Sheff Wed1-2ExeterFT
- Southampton3-1WalsallFT Southampton are promoted
Npower League One table snapshot
|21||Dag & Red||46||-18||47|