Burnley 3 - 1 Blackpool
Page last updated at 18:46 GMT, Saturday, 29 October 2011 19:46 UK
Charlie Austin's ninth goal of the season inspired Burnley to victory as Blackpool's stuttering form continued at Tuf Moor.
Austin, who turned down a move to Blackpool last season, opened the scoring in the 20th minute with a close-range header.
A 29th minute free-kick by Ross Wallace doubled the lead before Marvin Bartley sealed victory 11 minutes from the end.
Jonjo Shelvey scored Blackpool's consolation deep into stoppage time.
Blackpool have now lost three of their last four league games and boss Ian Holloway can have few complaints about this result.
Burnley never looked back after Austin sent a bullet header past Matthew Gilks following Junior Stanislas's 20th minute centre.
Wallace doubled the lead nine minutes later direct from a free kick on the edge of the area after Stephen Crainey had handled.
Burnley continued to create chances after the interval and it was no surprise when Bartley put the game out of Blackpool's reach after being teed-up by Austin.
Blackpool did reduce the deficit when Shelvey scored his second goal since joining on loan from Liverpool after beating Lee Grant from the edge of the area.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 29 October 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Grant
- 02 Trippier
- 15 Edgar
- 24 Easton (Amougou 9)
- 36 Mee
- 06 McCann
- 07 Wallace (Marney 88)
- 11 Stanislas (Treacy 75)
- 20 Bartley
- 09 Rodriguez
- 23 Austin
- 30 Stewart,
- 21 Amougou,
- 08 Marney,
- 26 Treacy,
- 16 Hines
- 01 Gilks
- 03 Crainey yellow card
- 06 Evatt
- 15 Baptiste
- 20 Cathcart
- 04 Southern
- 16 Ferguson
- 37 Shelvey yellow card
- 09 K Phillips (LuaLua 73)
- 10 Ormerod (Bogdanovic 73)
- 36 Ince (McManaman 73)
- 29 Howard,
- 05 Eardley,
- 13 Bogdanovic,
- 38 LuaLua,
- 39 McManaman
- Burnley 45%
- Blackpool 55%
Attempts on target
- Burnley 5
- Blackpool 6
Attempts off target
- Burnley 7
- Blackpool 1
- Burnley 5
- Blackpool 6
- Burnley 8
- Blackpool 11
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:25 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 90:00+2:12 GOAL - Jonjo Shelvey:Burnley 3 - 1 Blackpool A goal is scored by Jonjo Shelvey from inside the box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Burnley 3-1 Blackpool.
- 87:41 Substitution (Burnley) makes a substitution, with Dean Marney coming on for Ross Wallace.
- 87:14 Outswinging corner taken by Daniel Bogdanovic from the right by-line.
- 86:52 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Lomana Tresor LuaLua.
- 86:29 Barry Ferguson takes a shot. Marvin Bartley gets a block in.
- 83:04 Effort from inside the six-yard box by Charlie Austin goes wide right of the target.
- 82:30 Kieran Trippier produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty box that misses to the left of the target.
- 80:53 Lomana Tresor LuaLua produces a left-footed shot from close range which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 78:17 Assist on the goal came from Charlie Austin.
- 78:17 GOAL - Marvin Bartley:Burnley 3 - 0 Blackpool A goal is scored by Marvin Bartley from deep inside the penalty area to the top left corner of the goal. Burnley 3-0 Blackpool.
- 77:20 Callum McManaman takes a shot. Lee Grant makes a save.
- 76:44 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Chris McCann by Daniel Bogdanovic. Ben Mee restarts play with the free kick.
- 75:39 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Ian Evatt from the left by-line.
- 75:14 Callum McManaman takes a shot. David Edgar gets a block in.
- 74:27 Substitution Junior Stanislas leaves the field to be replaced by Keith Treacy.
- 72:13 Matthew Gilks takes the direct free kick.
- 72:13 Substitution Daniel Bogdanovic on for Brett Ormerod.
- 72:13 Substitution Kevin Phillips leaves the field to be replaced by Lomana Tresor LuaLua.
- 72:13 Substitution Callum McManaman is brought on as a substitute for Thomas Ince.
- 72:13 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ian Evatt by Charlie Austin.
- 69:04 The assistant referee signals for offside against Junior Stanislas. Indirect free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 68:34 Kevin Phillips is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Indirect free kick taken by Andre Amougou.
- 66:01 Ian Evatt challenges Junior Stanislas unfairly and gives away a free kick. The ball is sent over by Ross Wallace, Header by Andre Amougou from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the target.
- 64:39 Effort on goal by Kieran Trippier from just inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 63:54 Corner from right by-line taken by Thomas Ince.
- 63:31 Brett Ormerod takes a shot. Save made by Lee Grant.
- 62:54 Foul by Barry Ferguson on David Edgar, free kick awarded. Andre Amougou takes the direct free kick.
- 60:47 Handball by Jay Rodriguez. Craig Cathcart takes the free kick.
- 59:45 Jay Rodriguez is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 58:47 Foul by David Edgar on Thomas Ince, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Thomas Ince.
- 57:27 Stephen Crainey takes a shot. Lee Grant makes a save.
- 56:35 The offside flag is raised against Kevin Phillips. Lee Grant takes the free kick.
- 55:39 Marvin Bartley gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Thomas Ince. Free kick taken by Thomas Ince.
- 51:37 Short corner taken by Jonjo Shelvey from the left by-line.
- 48:14 Handball by Charlie Austin. Alex Baptiste takes the direct free kick.
- 46:08 Unfair challenge on Kieran Trippier by Barry Ferguson results in a free kick. Shot on goal comes in from Ross Wallace from the free kick, save by Matthew Gilks.
- 45:08 Keith Southern gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Marvin Bartley. Direct free kick taken by Kieran Trippier.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:10 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+1:32 Craig Cathcart concedes a free kick for a foul on Charlie Austin. Free kick crossed right-footed by Kieran Trippier from left channel.
- 45:00+0:44 Unfair challenge on Jonjo Shelvey by Kieran Trippier results in a free kick. Matthew Gilks takes the free kick.
- 44:37 Corner from right by-line taken by Ross Wallace.
- 43:03 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ben Mee by Brett Ormerod. Free kick taken by Lee Grant.
- 39:07 David Edgar takes the free kick.
- 39:07 Booking Jonjo Shelvey is cautioned.
- 38:34 Jonjo Shelvey concedes a free kick for a foul on Ben Mee.
- 33:58 Unfair challenge on Barry Ferguson by Jay Rodriguez results in a free kick. Barry Ferguson takes the direct free kick.
- 31:19 Effort on goal by Kieran Trippier from outside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 30:43 Corner taken by Ross Wallace.
- 29:54 The referee blows for offside against Jay Rodriguez. Matthew Gilks restarts play with the free kick.
- 28:37 GOAL - Ross Wallace:Burnley 2 - 0 Blackpool Ross Wallace hits the back of the net with a direct shot from the free kick. Burnley 2-0 Blackpool.
- 27:46 Booking Stephen Crainey goes into the referee's book.
- 27:16 Handball decision goes against Stephen Crainey.
- 25:56 Keith Southern gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Ben Mee. Free kick taken by Lee Grant.
- 24:21 Chris McCann produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 22:50 Unfair challenge on Alex Baptiste by Junior Stanislas results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Alex Baptiste.
- 19:45 Junior Stanislas provided the assist for the goal.
- 19:45 GOAL - Charlie Austin:Burnley 1 - 0 Blackpool Charlie Austin grabs a headed goal from close range. Burnley 1-0 Blackpool.
- 19:07 The ball is swung over by Junior Stanislas,
- 18:48 Chris McCann takes a shot. Barry Ferguson gets a block in.
- 17:11 Inswinging corner taken by Ross Wallace, Jonjo Shelvey manages to make a clearance.
- 14:00 Corner taken left-footed by Ross Wallace, Effort from deep inside the area by Jay Rodriguez misses to the left of the target.
- 9:44 Ian Evatt gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jay Rodriguez. Kieran Trippier takes the direct free kick.
- 8:39 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Jonjo Shelvey played to the near post, Charlie Austin manages to make a clearance.
- 8:39 Substitution (Burnley) makes a substitution, with Andre Amougou coming on for Brian Easton.
- 5:52 Kevin Phillips fouled by Ben Mee, the ref awards a free kick. Craig Cathcart restarts play with the free kick.
- 2:44 Unfair challenge on Jay Rodriguez by Ian Evatt results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Kieran Trippier, Barry Ferguson manages to make a clearance.
- 2:00 Ben Mee challenges Kevin Phillips unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Barry Ferguson.
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Championship table snapshot