Nott'm Forest 1 - 2 Derby
Page last updated at 13:57 GMT, Saturday, 17 September 2011 14:57 UK
Jeff Hendrick was the hero for 10-man Derby as the Rams defeated Nottingham Forest in a feisty East Midlands derby.
The 19-year-old made up for his earlier missed header from two yards by coolly slotting home from outside the area.
Forest's Andy Reid put the home side ahead from the penalty spot after goalkeeper Frank Fielding was dismissed in the opening five minutes.
But Jamie Ward's wonderful solo effort before half-time and Hendrick's winner sealed the win for the away side.
The result increased the pressure on Forest manager Steve McClaren, who is still seeking his first home win since taking over at the City Ground.
Referee Scott Mathieson had little choice but to send off England Under-21 keeper Fielding for his rash challenge on Ishmael Miller.
Adam Legzdins came on in goal in place of the unlucky Tomasz Cywka and was sent the wrong way from the spot by Reid, who netted his first goal since rejoining Forest in the summer.
The manner of Derby's equaliser in the 29th minute was just as dramatic when the Rams attacked with Forest full-back Chris Cohen injured on the ground following an innocuous-looking clash with Mark O'Brien.
With the home fans calling for play to stop, Ward evaded a challenge from Radoslaw Majewski to reach the byeline, where he knocked the ball around Wes Morgan and collected it on the other side of the defender before squeezing a low shot past Lee Camp from an acute angle.
McClaren's men started the second half brightly. Reid twice went close, once with a free-kick from the edge of the box, and Miller forced Legzdins to smother a low shot before the hour.
But it was Derby who should have taken the lead when Ben Davies' pinpoint cross from the right was met at the far post by the unmarked Hendrick, who somehow headed wide.
Hendrick then made amends for his earlier miss when he blasted home the winning goal after Forest failed to clear a corner. The ball broke to the teenager who fired a right-footed shot into the bottom of the net from 25 yards.
Forest mounted a late surge but Derby held firm for an impressive victory.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 17 September 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Camp
- 04 Chambers
- 05 Morgan
- 15 Cohen (Lynch 32 yellow card)
- 16 Gunter yellow card
- 11 Reid (McGugan 68)
- 14 Greening (Findley 61)
- 19 Moussi
- 28 Majewski
- 08 Derbyshire
- 09 Miller yellow card
- 21 Smith,
- 27 Moloney,
- 33 Lynch,
- 10 McGugan,
- 24 Findley
- 01 Fielding red card
- 02 Brayford yellow card
- 03 Roberts
- 06 Shackell
- 24 O'Brien
- 04 Bryson
- 18 B Davies
- 19 Cywka (Legzdins 4)
- 23 Hendrick
- 10 Ward (Tyson 65)
- 21 Robinson (Croft 86)
- 13 Legzdins,
- 12 Anderson,
- 22 Croft,
- 07 S Davies,
- 09 Tyson
- Nott'm Forest 54%
- Derby 46%
Attempts on target
- Nott'm Forest 5
- Derby 3
Attempts off target
- Nott'm Forest 6
- Derby 2
- Nott'm Forest 12
- Derby 3
- Nott'm Forest 11
- Derby 14
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:13 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+3:05 Corner taken by Lewis McGugan from the left by-line, Headed effort from inside the area by Wes Morgan misses to the right of the target.
- 90:00+2:07 Corner taken by Lewis McGugan, Jason Shackell manages to make a clearance. Luke Chambers produces a right-footed shot from inside the area that goes over the bar.
- 90:00+1:35 The ball is crossed by Joel Lynch, clearance made by Jason Shackell.
- 89:02 Craig Bryson decides to take the corner short.
- 87:57 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jeff Hendrick by Luke Chambers. Ben Davies produces a strike on goal direct from the free kick, Chris Gunter gets a block in.
- 86:50 Foul by Matt Derbyshire on Jason Shackell, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Adam Legzdins.
- 85:30 Substitution Theo Robinson leaves the field to be replaced by Lee Croft.
- 84:15 Corner taken right-footed by Ishmael Miller.
- 83:56 Outswinging corner taken by Lewis McGugan from the right by-line, clearance by John Brayford.
- 83:17 Unfair challenge on Robbie Findley by Ben Davies results in a free kick. Lewis McGugan delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from left channel, Jason Shackell manages to make a clearance.
- 82:07 Corner taken by Lewis McGugan.
- 81:50 Joel Lynch takes a shot. Save by Adam Legzdins.
- 76:05 Unfair challenge on Theo Robinson by Wes Morgan results in a free kick. Jeff Hendrick takes the free kick.
- 75:40 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Robbie Findley by Gareth Roberts. Direct free kick taken by Luke Chambers.
- 74:31 Unfair challenge on Joel Lynch by Theo Robinson results in a free kick. Lee Camp takes the free kick.
- 73:34 Corner from the right by-line taken by Lewis McGugan, clearance made by Nathan Tyson.
- 71:55 GOAL - Jeff Hendrick:Nott'm Forest 1 - 2 Derby Jeff Hendrick fires in a goal from outside the box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Nottm Forest 1-2 Derby.
- 71:10 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Ben Davies, clearance by Wes Morgan.
- 69:25 Corner taken right-footed by Lewis McGugan from the right by-line, Luke Chambers has a headed effort at goal from deep inside the area missing to the right of the target.
- 68:21 Centre by Ben Davies, Luke Chambers makes a clearance.
- 67:46 Guy Moussi challenges Ben Davies unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jason Shackell takes the free kick.
- 67:11 Substitution Lewis McGugan replaces Andy Reid.
- 66:54 The ball is delivered by Robbie Findley.
- 66:39 Free kick awarded for a foul by Craig Bryson on Radoslaw Majewski. Luke Chambers restarts play with the free kick.
- 65:00 Substitution (Derby) makes a substitution, with Nathan Tyson coming on for Jamie Ward.
- 62:47 Jeff Hendrick has a headed effort at goal from close range which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 61:41 Joel Lynch concedes a free kick for a foul on John Brayford. Direct free kick taken by Adam Legzdins.
- 61:35 Joel Lynch sends in a cross, Jason Shackell makes a clearance.
- 60:46 Substitution Robbie Findley on for Jonathan Greening.
- 58:53 Radoslaw Majewski concedes a free kick for a foul on Gareth Roberts. Gareth Roberts takes the free kick.
- 58:06 Outswinging corner taken by Andy Reid, Craig Bryson makes a clearance.
- 57:12 Ben Davies is penalised for a handball. Andy Reid produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick, save by Adam Legzdins.
- 56:45 Theo Robinson concedes a free kick for a foul on Jonathan Greening. Direct free kick taken by Wes Morgan.
- 54:32 Foul by Jonathan Greening on Ben Davies, free kick awarded. John Brayford restarts play with the free kick.
- 52:48 Adam Legzdins restarts play with the free kick.
- 52:48 Booking Ishmael Miller goes into the referee's book.
- 52:45 Ishmael Miller is adjudged to have handled the ball.
- 50:55 Ishmael Miller takes a shot. Save made by Adam Legzdins.
- 49:35 Andy Reid produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 48:28 The ball is delivered by Andy Reid, clearance made by Jason Shackell.
- 47:18 The ball is crossed by Andy Reid, Jason Shackell manages to make a clearance.
- 46:46 Corner taken by Andy Reid from the right by-line to the near post, save by Adam Legzdins.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- Half Time
- 45:00+4:22 The ref blows to end the first period.
- Correction - 45:00+1:57 Cross/shot by Jonathan Greening, blocked by Mark O'Brien.
- 45:00+1:57 Cross/shot by Jonathan Greening.
- 45:00+1:57 Booking John Brayford goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- Correction - 45:00+1:52 Handball decision goes against Ben Davies.
- 45:00+1:52 Handball by Ben Davies.
- 44:57 Free kick crossed by Ben Davies.
- 44:57 Booking Joel Lynch is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 44:37 Joel Lynch concedes a free kick for a foul on Ben Davies.
- 43:36 Foul by Ishmael Miller on Adam Legzdins, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Adam Legzdins.
- 41:52 Ben Davies produces a cross, Jamie Ward produces a header from inside the area that goes over the crossbar.
- 40:52 Corner taken by Ben Davies.
- 39:59 Wes Morgan crosses the ball, save made by Adam Legzdins.
- Correction - 39:00 The ball is crossed by Joel Lynch, save by Adam Legzdins.
- 39:00 The ball is sent over by Joel Lynch, save made by John Brayford.
- 35:22 Craig Bryson concedes a free kick for a foul on Radoslaw Majewski. The free kick is swung in left-footed by Andy Reid.
- 33:51 Free kick awarded for a foul by Wes Morgan on Theo Robinson. Ben Davies takes the direct free kick.
- 33:17 Free kick awarded for a foul by Ben Davies on Jonathan Greening. Free kick taken by Andy Reid.
- 32:40 Centre by Andy Reid, Adam Legzdins makes a save.
- 31:28 Substitution Joel Lynch replaces Chris Cohen.
- 28:31 Assist on the goal came from Jason Shackell.
- 28:31 GOAL - Jamie Ward:Nott'm Forest 1 - 1 Derby Goal scored by Jamie Ward from inside the penalty area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Nottm Forest 1-1 Derby.
- 27:22 Unfair challenge on Luke Chambers by Jamie Ward results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Lee Camp.
- 26:28 Andy Reid produces a cross.
- 24:48 Inswinging corner taken by Andy Reid.
- 22:27 Unfair challenge on Radoslaw Majewski by Jamie Ward results in a free kick. Andy Reid delivers the ball from the free kick left-footed from right wing.
- 20:56 Foul by Jamie Ward on Chris Gunter, free kick awarded. Lee Camp takes the free kick.
- 20:06 Outswinging corner taken by Andy Reid.
- 19:44 Andy Reid crosses the ball, Jamie Ward gets a block in.
- 19:29 The ball is delivered by Andy Reid, Ben Davies gets a block in.
- 17:01 Andy Reid sends in a cross, Headed effort from inside the area by Ishmael Miller misses to the right of the target.
- 16:36 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jeff Hendrick on Andy Reid. Andy Reid restarts play with the free kick.
- 15:08 Andy Reid crosses the ball, clearance made by Ben Davies.
- 14:53 Short corner taken by Jonathan Greening.
- 14:37 Ishmael Miller has a drilled shot. Blocked by Mark O'Brien.
- 14:02 Unfair challenge on Andy Reid by John Brayford results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Chris Cohen.
- 11:24 Centre by Guy Moussi, Header by Andy Reid from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the target.
- 9:55 Booking Chris Gunter goes into the referee's book.
- 5:57 Chris Cohen gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on John Brayford. Direct free kick taken by John Brayford.
- 4:17 GOAL - Andy Reid:Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Derby Placed penalty scored by Andy Reid. Nottm Forest 1-0 Derby.
- 1:23 Substitution Adam Legzdins comes on in place of Tomasz Cywka.
- 1:23 Unfair challenge on Ishmael Miller by Frank Fielding results in a Penalty.
- 1:23 Sent off Red card for Frank Fielding.
- 0:36 Luke Chambers fouled by Ben Davies, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Lee Camp.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Championship table snapshot