Blackpool 2 - 0 Ipswich
Page last updated at 16:25 GMT, Saturday, 10 September 2011 17:25 UK
Ipswich manager Paul Jewell's misery continued as in-form Blackpool condemned his strugglers to a fourth Championship defeat of the season.
Gary Taylor-Fletcher tapped in Billy Clarke's cross in the 49th minute to claim his second goal of the season.
And midfielder Barry Ferguson, a summer signing from Birmingham, opened his account for the Tangerines with a fine finish from 12 yards on the hour mark.
Ipswich's only real chances came from a number of long-range efforts.
The visitors did go close early on when former Cardiff striker Michael Chopra fired goalwards from 12 yards, but his effort was blocked by Ian Evatt six minutes in.
Moments later, Town's veteran midfielder Jimmy Bullard hit a shot which flew narrowly wide from 30 yards before team-mate Carlos Edwards hit a fierce 35-yard effort which went over the crossbar.
Blackpool gradually steadied themselves when striker Brett Ormerod hit an 18-yard shot which sailed just wide in the 16th minute, after which chances were relatively scarce before the break.
The hosts broke the deadlock quickly in the second half when Clarke was afforded time and space down the left flank before delivering a cross for Taylor-Fletcher, who arrived late to convert with his right foot from six yards out.
Former Rangers man Ferguson saw a 35-yard effort sail over the crossbar, but he scored after latching onto Ormerod's fine pass to crash home an effective shot.
Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy missed two half-chances as they failed to trouble the home defence in the closing stages.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 10 September 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Gilks
- 06 Evatt
- 15 Baptiste
- 18 Hill
- 20 Cathcart
- 04 Southern
- 12 Taylor-Fletcher (Bogdanovic 81)
- 16 Ferguson yellow card (Sylvestre 76)
- 07 Clarke (M Phillips 69)
- 09 K Phillips
- 10 Ormerod
- 21 Halstead,
- 35 Hurst,
- 14 Sylvestre,
- 23 M Phillips,
- 13 Bogdanovic
- 13 Stockdale
- 03 Cresswell
- 07 Edwards
- 25 Collins yellow card
- 31 Sonko
- 06 Leadbitter (Scotland 65)
- 08 Bowyer (Emmanuel-Thomas 64)
- 15 Andrews
- 21 Bullard
- 10 Chopra
- 27 Murphy
- 12 Lee-Barrett,
- 05 Delaney,
- 29 Ainsley,
- 09 Emmanuel-Thomas,
- 14 Scotland
- Blackpool 58%
- Ipswich 42%
Attempts on target
- Blackpool 4
- Ipswich 2
Attempts off target
- Blackpool 6
- Ipswich 7
- Blackpool 1
- Ipswich 3
- Blackpool 5
- Ipswich 15
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:25 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+2:19 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on Brett Ormerod. Indirect free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 90:00+1:35 Corner from left by-line taken by Keith Andrews.
- 90:00+1:05 Daryl Murphy takes a shot. Save by Matthew Gilks.
- 89:51 Effort on goal by Daniel Bogdanovic from outside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 89:02 The assistant referee flags for offside against Jason Scotland. Matthew Gilks restarts play with the free kick.
- 87:56 Kevin Phillips is ruled offside. David Stockdale takes the direct free kick.
- 87:18 Ludovic Sylvestre takes a shot. Save made by David Stockdale.
- 86:03 Matthew Hill fouled by Jason Scotland, the ref awards a free kick. Matthew Gilks takes the indirect free kick.
- 85:23 Matt Phillips is ruled offside. David Stockdale takes the free kick.
- 83:07 Daryl Murphy produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 80:25 Substitution Daniel Bogdanovic on for Gary Taylor-Fletcher.
- 78:26 Daryl Murphy has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the goal.
- 76:40 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jimmy Bullard on Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 75:48 Substitution (Blackpool) makes a substitution, with Ludovic Sylvestre coming on for Barry Ferguson.
- 74:51 Jay Emmanuel-Thomas gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Matthew Hill. Matthew Gilks restarts play with the free kick.
- 72:54 Carlos Edwards fouled by Barry Ferguson, the ref awards a free kick. Indirect free kick taken by Aaron Cresswell.
- 71:57 Shot from long distance by Jimmy Bullard goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 71:03 Keith Southern fouled by Keith Andrews, the ref awards a free kick. Matthew Gilks takes the indirect free kick.
- 70:47 The referee blows for offside against Brett Ormerod. Free kick taken by David Stockdale.
- 69:52 The assistant referee flags for offside against Kevin Phillips. Danny Collins takes the free kick.
- 68:24 Shot by Kevin Phillips from outside the box goes over the net.
- 68:24 Substitution Matt Phillips on for Billy Clarke.
- 68:24 Booking Danny Collins booked.
- 68:14 Unfair challenge on Kevin Phillips by Danny Collins results in a free kick.
- 67:38 The referee blows for offside. Direct free kick taken by Ibrahima Sonko.
- 64:30 Substitution Jason Scotland on for Grant Leadbitter.
- 63:55 Substitution Lee Bowyer leaves the field to be replaced by Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.
- 62:22 Shot from just outside the box by Billy Clarke goes over the bar.
- 61:22 Foul by Michael Chopra on Craig Cathcart, free kick awarded. Matthew Gilks takes the indirect free kick.
- 59:52 Assist by Brett Ormerod.
- 59:52 GOAL - Barry Ferguson:Blackpool 2 - 0 Ipswich Barry Ferguson scores a goal from deep inside the penalty area high into the middle of the goal. Blackpool 2-0 Ipswich.
- 57:17 The official flags Kevin Phillips offside. David Stockdale takes the free kick.
- 55:56 Booking Barry Ferguson goes into the book.
- 55:43 Barry Ferguson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Michael Chopra. Free kick taken by Ibrahima Sonko.
- 54:21 Barry Ferguson takes a shot.
- Correction - 50:50 The referee blows for offside. Aaron Cresswell takes the direct free kick.
- 50:50 Kevin Phillips is caught offside. Aaron Cresswell takes the free kick.
- 50:17 The offside flag is raised against Brett Ormerod. David Stockdale takes the direct free kick.
- 48:13 The assist for the goal came from Billy Clarke.
- 48:13 GOAL - Gary Taylor-Fletcher:Blackpool 1 - 0 Ipswich Gary Taylor-Fletcher finds the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Blackpool 1-0 Ipswich.
- 45:59 Shot from deep inside the area by Gary Taylor-Fletcher clears the bar.
- 45:09 Gary Taylor-Fletcher fouled by Ibrahima Sonko, the ref awards a free kick. Billy Clarke takes the indirect free kick.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- 42:40 Free kick awarded for a foul by Keith Andrews on Matthew Hill. Matthew Gilks takes the indirect free kick.
- 42:24 Daryl Murphy sends in a cross, clearance by Matthew Hill.
- Half Time
- 42:02 The players leave the pitch at half time.
- 41:41 Carlos Edwards has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 40:26 Right-footed shot by Keith Andrews went wide left of the target.
- 39:39 Kevin Phillips takes a shot. Save made by David Stockdale.
- 35:35 Grant Leadbitter is ruled offside. Free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 32:23 Foul by Lee Bowyer on Brett Ormerod, free kick awarded. Barry Ferguson takes the free kick.
- 29:57 Corner taken right-footed by Jimmy Bullard, save by Matthew Gilks.
- 29:34 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Michael Chopra by Craig Cathcart. Free kick taken by Jimmy Bullard.
- 26:54 Matthew Hill delivers the ball, Unfair challenge on Danny Collins by Gary Taylor-Fletcher results in a free kick. David Stockdale takes the indirect free kick.
- 25:13 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Jimmy Bullard.
- 24:42 Free kick awarded for a foul by Keith Andrews on Ian Evatt. Matthew Gilks takes the free kick.
- 23:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Barry Ferguson by Keith Andrews. Matthew Gilks takes the free kick.
- 20:07 Keith Southern challenges Lee Bowyer unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by David Stockdale.
- 17:03 Unfair challenge on Barry Ferguson by Grant Leadbitter results in a free kick. Matthew Hill takes the free kick.
- 15:35 Brett Ormerod has an effort from just inside the box that misses to the left of the target.
- 12:46 Brett Ormerod is ruled offside. Free kick taken by David Stockdale.
- 11:25 Jimmy Bullard concedes a free kick for a foul on Gary Taylor-Fletcher. The free kick is delivered left-footed by Billy Clarke from right channel.
- 9:23 Effort on goal by Carlos Edwards from long range goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 8:27 Aaron Cresswell gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Billy Clarke. Free kick crossed left-footed by Billy Clarke from right wing, clearance made by Danny Collins.
- 7:57 Gary Taylor-Fletcher decides to take the corner short.
- 6:09 Jimmy Bullard produces a right-footed shot from long range which goes wide right of the goal.
- 5:40 Michael Chopra takes a shot. Ian Evatt gets a block in.
- 0:53 The ball is swung over by Brett Ormerod, save by David Stockdale.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to begin the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Championship table snapshot