Brighton 2 - 2 Blackpool
Page last updated at 17:01 GMT, Saturday, 20 August 2011 18:01 UK
Kevin Phillips scored twice for Blackpool as they fought back from 2-0 down to earn a draw with Brighton.
Craig Mackail-Smith opened the scoring for the Seagulls, heading home Craig Noone's cross on the half hour.
Noone provided once more, firing in a cross which Ashley Barnes smashed in from close range to double their lead.
But Phillips pulled one back on the hour nodding in Neal Eardley's cross before equalising in the last minute lashing home from deep inside the box.
It was no surprise that Noone was heavily involved in the game's opening goal, the former Plymouth winger scampering down the left and whipping in a cross, which the predatory Mackail-Smith guided into the bottom corner with an excellent header.
The entire Blackpool defence switched off five minutes into the second half, allowing Noone to fire in a cross which Barnes smashed in from close range for his fourth goal of the season.
However, Blackpool reduced the deficit after Eardley delivered from the right and Phillips was in the perfect position to nod home.
In the 90th minute Stephen Crainey's corner was only half cleared and the former Sunderland striker was on hand to lash home a late leveller and his fourth of the season.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 20 August 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 16 Ankergren
- 03 Greer yellow card
- 05 Dunk
- 14 Calderon
- 20 Vincelot
- 22 Painter
- 11 Noone yellow card (LuaLua 63)
- 18 Dicker (Navarro 81)
- 26 Bridcutt
- 09 Barnes
- 12 Mackail-Smith yellow card
- 01 Brezovan,
- 28 Cook,
- 08 Navarro,
- 10 Sparrow,
- 25 LuaLua
- 01 Gilks
- 03 Crainey
- 06 Evatt yellow card
- 15 Baptiste
- 17 Basham yellow card (Eardley 58 yellow card)
- 04 Southern
- 16 Ferguson
- 23 M Phillips (Sutherland 58)
- 07 Clarke (Ormerod 58)
- 09 K Phillips yellow card
- 12 Taylor-Fletcher yellow card
- 21 Halstead,
- 05 Eardley,
- 18 Hill,
- 24 Sutherland,
- 10 Ormerod
- Brighton 46%
- Blackpool 54%
Attempts on target
- Brighton 3
- Blackpool 3
Attempts off target
- Brighton 2
- Blackpool 2
- Brighton 3
- Blackpool 5
- Brighton 9
- Blackpool 17
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:55 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+5:08 Corner taken by Liam Bridcutt from the right by-line.
- 90:00+4:04 Kazenga LuaLua challenges Neal Eardley unfairly and gives away a free kick. Matthew Gilks takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+0:58 Liam Bridcutt takes the direct free kick.
- 90:00+0:58 Booking Neal Eardley is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 90:00+0:45 Neal Eardley concedes a free kick for a foul on Kazenga LuaLua.
- 90:00+0:07 Booking The referee shows Kevin Phillips a yellow card for persistent infringement.
- 89:26 Stephen Crainey provided the assist for the goal.
- 89:26 GOAL - Kevin Phillips:Brighton 2 - 2 Blackpool Kevin Phillips fires in a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Brighton 2-2 Blackpool.
- 88:48 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Stephen Crainey,
- 85:49 Foul by Romain Vincelot on Craig Sutherland, free kick awarded. Matthew Gilks restarts play with the free kick.
- 83:30 Direct free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 83:30 Booking Craig Mackail-Smith receives a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 83:28 Stephen Crainey fouled by Craig Mackail-Smith, the ref awards a free kick.
- 81:13 Craig Sutherland concedes a free kick for a foul on Marcos Painter. Direct free kick taken by Marcos Painter.
- 80:14 Substitution Alan Navarro joins the action as a substitute, replacing Gary Dicker.
- 77:18 Booking Gary Taylor-Fletcher booked.
- 75:04 Kazenga LuaLua fouled by Brett Ormerod, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick crossed by Gary Dicker, Ian Evatt makes a clearance.
- 74:38 Neal Eardley concedes a free kick for a foul on Kazenga LuaLua. Free kick taken by Liam Bridcutt.
- 73:54 Barry Ferguson concedes a free kick for a foul on Romain Vincelot. Gordon Greer takes the direct free kick.
- 72:00 The referee blows for offside against Craig Mackail-Smith. Free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 69:18 Gary Taylor-Fletcher takes a corner.
- 68:42 Corner taken by Gary Taylor-Fletcher, clearance by Lewis Dunk.
- 63:51 Gary Dicker crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from right channel.
- 63:51 Booking The referee shows Ian Evatt a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 63:44 Ian Evatt gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Ashley Barnes.
- 62:12 Craig Mackail-Smith takes the free kick.
- 62:12 Substitution Kazenga LuaLua on for Craig Noone.
- 62:12 Free kick awarded for a foul by Gary Taylor-Fletcher on Liam Bridcutt.
- 61:48 The referee blows for offside. Free kick taken by Alex Baptiste.
- 59:59 Assist by Neal Eardley.
- 59:59 GOAL - Kevin Phillips:Brighton 2 - 1 Blackpool Kevin Phillips finds the back of the net with a headed goal from close in. Brighton 2-1 Blackpool.
- 56:51 Neal Eardley takes the direct free kick.
- 56:51 Substitution Craig Sutherland joins the action as a substitute, replacing Matt Phillips.
- 56:51 Substitution Brett Ormerod is brought on as a substitute for Billy Clarke.
- 56:51 Substitution Chris Basham goes off and Neal Eardley comes on.
- 56:51 Booking Craig Noone is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 56:36 Foul by Craig Noone on Gary Taylor-Fletcher, free kick awarded.
- 54:57 Unfair challenge on Gary Taylor-Fletcher by Marcos Painter results in a free kick. Billy Clarke crosses the ball from the free kick left-footed from right channel, Ashley Barnes manages to make a clearance.
- 52:53 Inswinging corner taken by Craig Noone, clearance made by Ian Evatt.
- 51:58 Shot from just outside the box by Craig Noone goes over the bar.
- 49:39 The assist for the goal came from Craig Noone.
- 49:39 GOAL - Ashley Barnes:Brighton 2 - 0 Blackpool A goal is scored by Ashley Barnes from close range low into the middle of the goal. Brighton 2-0 Blackpool.
- 49:04 Craig Noone takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post,
- 45:46 Matt Phillips challenges Inigo Calderon unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Gordon Greer.
- 45:01 The match restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:07 It is the end of the first-half.
- 45:00+1:05 Matt Phillips takes a shot. Casper Ankergren makes a save.
- 42:59 Billy Clarke concedes a free kick for a foul on Ashley Barnes. Casper Ankergren restarts play with the free kick.
- 41:24 Gordon Greer gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Ian Evatt. Direct free kick taken by Matthew Gilks.
- 40:56 Ashley Barnes fouled by Alex Baptiste, the ref awards a free kick. Gary Dicker restarts play with the free kick.
- 36:48 Gary Dicker crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left channel.
- 36:48 Booking Chris Basham goes into the book.
- 36:47 Chris Basham challenges Craig Noone unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 33:18 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by Billy Clarke, Ashley Barnes manages to make a clearance.
- 28:10 Assist on the goal came from Craig Noone.
- 28:10 GOAL - Craig Mackail-Smith:Brighton 1 - 0 Blackpool Craig Mackail-Smith scores a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Brighton 1-0 Blackpool.
- 27:07 Unfair challenge on Gary Taylor-Fletcher by Gary Dicker results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Billy Clarke.
- 25:34 Lewis Dunk gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Chris Basham. Free kick taken by Billy Clarke.
- Correction - 23:14 Gordon Greer challenges Kevin Phillips unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 23:14 Unfair challenge on Kevin Phillips by Gordon Greer results in a free kick.
- Correction - 23:12 Barry Ferguson crosses the ball, Billy Clarke produces a left-footed shot from outside the penalty box and misses right.
- 23:12 Barry Ferguson produces a cross, Effort from range distance by Billy Clarke goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 23:12 Booking Gordon Greer is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 22:53 Craig Noone takes a shot. Save made by Matthew Gilks.
- 21:53 Ian Evatt concedes a free kick for a foul on Craig Mackail-Smith. Free kick crossed right-footed by Gary Dicker from right channel.
- 20:39 Liam Bridcutt fouled by Barry Ferguson, the ref awards a free kick. Lewis Dunk takes the free kick.
- 12:42 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Craig Mackail-Smith by Ian Evatt. Direct free kick taken by Liam Bridcutt.
- 12:21 Chris Basham challenges Marcos Painter unfairly and gives away a free kick. Lewis Dunk takes the direct free kick.
- 9:22 Liam Bridcutt fouled by Gary Taylor-Fletcher, the ref awards a free kick. Gordon Greer takes the direct free kick.
- 7:37 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Craig Noone by Keith Southern. The ball is swung over by Craig Noone, Close range header by Inigo Calderon goes over the bar.
- 6:40 Shot from outside the area by Kevin Phillips misses to the left of the target.
- 5:02 The assistant referee signals for offside against Kevin Phillips. Indirect free kick taken by Casper Ankergren.
- 4:31 Corner taken by Billy Clarke from the right by-line played to the near post, Gary Dicker manages to make a clearance.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower Championship results
Npower Championship table snapshot