Derby 0-2 Bristol City
Page last updated at 17:14 GMT, Saturday, 30 April 2011 18:14 UK
Derby 0 - 2 Bristol City
Robbie Savage's final home game for Derby ended in defeat as Bristol City ran out comfortable winners.
Veteran midfielder Savage will leave the club at the end of the season and is expected to retire after not being offered a new deal.
The visitors opened the scoring when Jon Stead fired in a left-foot strike that Brad Jones allowed to squirm under his body and into the net.
And Cole Skuse drilled home from 20 yards on 66 minutes to seal City's win.
Savage was booked for a foul on Brett Pitman on 32 minutes, much to the delight of the Robins supporters, but he was given a standing ovation when he was substituted five minutes from time.
Live text and stats
Saturday, 30 April 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 33 Jones
- 02 Brayford
- 03 Roberts
- 14 Anderson
- 21 Ayala
- 08 Savage yellow card (Hendrick 84)
- 11 Pearson
- 16 Bailey
- 07 S Davies (Doyle 77)
- 09 Robinson (Ball 66)
- 27 Bueno yellow card
- 30 Atkins,
- 20 Addison,
- 28 B Davies,
- 29 Hendrick,
- 12 Porter,
- 23 Doyle,
- 26 Ball
- 12 Gerken
- 03 McAllister
- 18 Wilson
- 22 Nyatanga
- 28 Spence
- 07 Elliott
- 14 Skuse
- 20 Campbell-Ryce
- 27 Adomah (Woolford 77)
- 30 Stead (Jackson 85)
- 34 Pitman (Clarkson 71)
- 01 James,
- 23 Edwards,
- 08 Johnson,
- 11 Woolford,
- 33 Reid,
- 09 Clarkson,
- 24 Jackson
- Derby 47%
- Bristol City 53%
Attempts on target
- Derby 7
- Bristol City 3
Attempts off target
- Derby 6
- Bristol City 4
- Derby 5
- Bristol City 3
- Derby 8
- Bristol City 9
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:10 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+2:15 John Brayford takes a shot. Save by Dean Gerken. Corner taken short by Alberto Bueno.
- 90:00+1:12 Alberto Bueno takes a shot. Save by Dean Gerken.
- 89:14 Foul by Lewin Nyatanga on Callum Ball, free kick awarded. Alberto Bueno crosses the ball, Callum Ball produces a header from deep inside the six-yard box that clears the crossbar.
- 88:49 Martyn Woolford produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty box that misses to the left of the goal.
- 87:40 Shot from outside the area by Jeff Hendrick misses to the left of the target.
- 85:09 Substitution Marlon Jackson is brought on as a substitute for Jonathan Stead.
- 85:09 Substitution Jeff Hendrick comes on in place of Robbie Savage.
- 80:14 Long range shot by Martyn Woolford goes wide right of the net.
- 76:42 Substitution Conor Doyle is brought on as a substitute for Steve Davies.
- 76:16 Substitution (Bristol City) makes a substitution, with Martyn Woolford coming on for Albert Adomah.
- 73:11 Robbie Savage produces a left-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide left of the target.
- 70:24 Jamie McAllister takes the direct free kick.
- 70:24 Substitution (Bristol City) makes a substitution, with David Clarkson coming on for Brett Pitman.
- 70:24 Unfair challenge on Brett Pitman by Alberto Bueno results in a free kick.
- 70:24 Booking Alberto Bueno booked.
- 69:06 Alberto Bueno fouled by Lewin Nyatanga, the ref awards a free kick. Shot on goal comes in from Steve Davies from the free kick, save by Dean Gerken.
- 67:45 Short corner worked by Brett Pitman, Albert Adomah has an effort at goal from outside the area which goes wide right of the goal.
- 66:42 Jonathan Stead fouled by Daniel Ayala, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Cole Skuse.
- 65:55 Substitution (Derby) makes a substitution, with Callum Ball coming on for Theo Robinson.
- 65:04 GOAL - Cole Skuse:Derby 0 - 2 Bristol City Cole Skuse finds the back of the net with a goal from just outside the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Derby 0-2 Bristol City.
- 58:42 John Brayford has an effort at goal from the edge of the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 57:53 Corner taken right-footed by Alberto Bueno from the left by-line, Marvin Elliott manages to make a clearance.
- 55:39 Theo Robinson has an effort at goal from the edge of the area that misses to the right of the target.
- 51:12 Handball decision goes against Alberto Bueno. Free kick taken by Jamie McAllister.
- 50:05 Foul by Jordan Spence on Steve Davies, free kick awarded. The free kick is swung in right-footed by Alberto Bueno, save made by Dean Gerken.
- 45:01 The match restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:24 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+1:59 Steve Davies is caught offside. Dean Gerken takes the free kick.
- 45:00+1:01 Alberto Bueno takes a shot. Save made by Dean Gerken. Inswinging corner taken by Alberto Bueno from the left by-line, clearance by Lewin Nyatanga.
- 43:10 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jonathan Stead on John Brayford. Russell Anderson takes the direct free kick.
- 39:07 Foul by Daniel Ayala on Brett Pitman, free kick awarded. Jamie McAllister takes the direct free kick.
- 37:04 Unfair challenge on Steve Davies by Jamal Campbell-Ryce results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by John Brayford.
- 36:35 Jonathan Stead is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Brad Jones restarts play with the free kick.
- 35:19 Albert Adomah concedes a free kick for a foul on Stephen Pearson. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Alberto Bueno from left wing, save made by Dean Gerken.
- 32:03 Shot comes in from Brett Pitman from the free kick, blocked by Alberto Bueno.
- 32:03 Booking Robbie Savage receives a caution for unsporting behaviour.
- 31:39 Foul by Robbie Savage on Brett Pitman, free kick awarded.
- 30:15 Effort on goal by Jonathan Stead from inside the box misses to the right of the target.
- 29:14 Inswinging corner taken by Jamie McAllister from the right by-line.
- 26:45 James Bailey challenges Jordan Spence unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jamie McAllister restarts play with the free kick.
- 25:46 Foul by James Bailey on Jamal Campbell-Ryce, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Cole Skuse.
- 25:24 Jordan Spence fouled by Stephen Pearson, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Dean Gerken.
- 23:43 Shot from 18 yards from Steve Davies. Save by Dean Gerken. Corner taken by Alberto Bueno, Brett Pitman manages to make a clearance.
- 21:25 Stephen Pearson fouled by Cole Skuse, the ref awards a free kick. Gareth Roberts takes the direct free kick.
- 16:16 Brett Pitman is caught offside. Free kick taken by Daniel Ayala.
- 13:34 Outswinging corner taken by Alberto Bueno from the right by-line played to the near post, Daniel Ayala takes a shot. Save made by Dean Gerken.
- 12:30 Alberto Bueno produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide right of the goal.
- 10:11 Albert Adomah concedes a free kick for a foul on Steve Davies. Alberto Bueno takes the direct free kick.
- 9:14 Theo Robinson takes a shot. Save by Dean Gerken.
- 5:06 Assist by Jordan Spence.
- 5:06 GOAL - Jonathan Stead:Derby 0 - 1 Bristol City Jonathan Stead scores a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Derby 0-1 Bristol City.
- 3:25 Unfair challenge on Robbie Savage by Jonathan Stead results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Robbie Savage.
- 2:06 Corner taken short by Brett Pitman.
- 1:45 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Brett Pitman by Russell Anderson. Free kick taken by Jamie McAllister.
- 0:00 The match gets underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower Championship results
Npower Championship table snapshot