Swansea 1-1 Hull
Page last updated at 20:37 GMT, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 21:37 UK
Swansea 1 - 1 Hull
Hull stretched their unbeaten Championship away run to 16 games as they again fought back to earn a draw at Swansea.
Mark Gower's fine strike in the 63rd minute prompted a gutsy Hull response seven minutes later, finished by Corry Evans.
Gower cut inside twice before curling his shot into the right hand corner of the net.
But Evans slid the ball in from 12 yards to punish Swansea's lax defence.
The Swans are now unbeaten at home in six games and they remain fourth, but will rue missing the chance to go above Norwich, who drew 2-2 at Watford.
Hull impressed in the opening exchanges, midfielder James Harper sending a shot wide from 30 yards after being passed fit following a foot injury.
Swansea's hopes also blossomed early on amid the confidence boost of Saturday's 3-0 win over the Canaries and Stephen Dobbie sent a his 25-yard shot wide.
Gower also got in on the act having scored a superb goal from 25-yards against Norwich, but his shot was high.
Nathan Dyer was next to fire wide while Dobbie also fluffed another chance to test returning goalkeeper Matt Duke.
Dobbie and another of the heroes of the win over Norwich, Fabio Borini, suffered the same fate as the hosts' chances continued to go begging.
But Hull underlined why they have remained so effective on the road as Evans shot wide from 12 yards.
It took until 11 minutes after the break for Duke to be truly tested and he was equal to Scott Sinclair's effort from inside the box.
At the other end Andy Dawson's header went wide while Dyer continued the 12-yard drought as the hosts sought the opener.
When it finally came, the stalemate breaker was spectacular. Neil Taylor intercepted to send Gower on his way and the midfielder twice cut inside before hitting home.
But amid the euphoria that followed, Hull kept their heads while Swansea's concentration faltered and from 12 yards out Evans took full advantage from substitute Jay Simpson's assist.
Hull's threat did not end there, James Chester going close with a header from Robert Koren's pass.
Simpson was then denied by Swansea keeper Dorus De Vries, who was making his 200th league appearance.
Duke saved Swansea substitute Luke Moore's 12-yard strike seven minutes from the end of normal time.
The visitors looked stronger in the closing stages but de Vries again foiled the threat, this time from Matty Fryatt.
And as the final whistle beckoned, Moore's header was wide.
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 12 April 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 De Vries
- 02 Williams
- 03 Taylor
- 16 Monk
- 22 Rangel
- 12 Dyer (Moore 75)
- 21 Sinclair
- 24 Allen
- 27 Gower
- 14 Dobbie (Beattie 89)
- 15 Borini (Priskin 75)
- 25 Ma-Kalambay,
- 05 Tate,
- 08 Pratley,
- 37 Britton,
- 09 Beattie,
- 19 Moore,
- 30 Priskin
- 01 Duke
- 03 Dawson yellow card
- 04 Hobbs
- 16 Chester
- 25 Gerrard
- 30 Rosenior
- 08 Harper (Simpson 67)
- 22 Koren
- 28 C Evans
- 12 Fryatt
- 33 Mclean (Garcia 46)
- 13 Oxley,
- 14 Cairney,
- 20 Devitt,
- 37 Belaid,
- 07 Garcia,
- 23 Simpson,
- 26 Amoo
- Swansea 60%
- Hull 40%
Attempts on target
- Swansea 6
- Hull 5
Attempts off target
- Swansea 10
- Hull 6
- Swansea 5
- Hull 5
- Swansea 5
- Hull 12
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:00 The referee blows his whistle to end the game.
- 90:00+1:55 Corner taken by Mark Gower from the left by-line played to the near post, Headed effort from inside the area by Luke Moore misses to the left of the target.
- 90:00+1:36 Corner taken by Mark Gower played to the near post, clearance made by Andy Dawson.
- 90:00+1:26 Craig Beattie takes a shot. Blocked by Jack Hobbs.
- 89:36 Anthony Gerrard challenges Craig Beattie unfairly and gives away a free kick. Mark Gower restarts play with the free kick.
- 88:47 Substitution Stephen Dobbie leaves the field to be replaced by Craig Beattie.
- 87:16 Corry Evans produces a right-footed shot from outside the penalty box and misses wide left of the target.
- 86:43 Corner taken left-footed by Robert Koren from the right by-line, Luke Moore makes a clearance.
- 86:30 Matt Fryatt takes a shot. Save made by Dorus De Vries.
- 84:21 Unfair challenge on Corry Evans by Mark Gower results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Robert Koren.
- 82:58 Luke Moore takes a shot. Save made by Matt Duke.
- 77:13 Jay Simpson takes a shot. Save by Dorus De Vries.
- 77:01 Andy Dawson crosses the ball, Ashley Williams makes a clearance.
- 75:40 Matt Fryatt concedes a free kick for a foul on Joe Allen. Free kick taken by Garry Monk.
- 74:39 Substitution Nathan Dyer goes off and Luke Moore comes on.
- 74:30 Substitution Tamas Priskin on for Fabio Borini.
- 73:39 Corner taken by Andy Dawson from the right by-line, Dorus De Vries makes a save.
- 73:31 The ball is sent over by Richard Garcia, clearance made by Ashley Williams.
- 72:04 A cross is delivered by Andy Dawson, Garry Monk manages to make a clearance.
- 71:34 Matt Fryatt concedes a free kick for a foul on Mark Gower. Direct free kick taken by Mark Gower.
- 70:35 Corner from the left by-line taken by Robert Koren, Headed effort on goal by James Chester from inside the penalty box misses to the right of the target.
- 70:19 Jay Simpson takes a shot. Save by Dorus De Vries.
- 69:05 The ball is sent over by Jay Simpson. Jay Simpson provided the assist for the goal.
- 69:05 GOAL - Corry Evans:Swansea 1 - 1 Hull Goal scored by Corry Evans from deep inside the penalty area low into the middle of the goal. Swansea 1-1 Hull.
- 66:53 Substitution Jay Simpson comes on in place of James Harper.
- 66:41 The ball is sent over by Liam Rosenior.
- 62:22 GOAL - Mark Gower:Swansea 1 - 0 Hull Mark Gower grabs a goal from just outside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Swansea 1-0 Hull.
- 61:40 Unfair challenge on Mark Gower by Richard Garcia results in a free kick. Mark Gower takes the free kick.
- 60:59 Nathan Dyer produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 57:55 Unfair challenge on Matt Fryatt by Ashley Williams results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Jack Hobbs.
- 56:39 Richard Garcia produces a cross, Headed effort from inside the area by Andy Dawson misses to the left of the target.
- 55:47 Scott Sinclair takes a shot. Save by Matt Duke.
- 55:18 Corner taken by Mark Gower from the left by-line.
- 55:10 Nathan Dyer takes the chance to get an effort at goal. Anthony Gerrard gets a block in.
- 54:42 Corner from the right by-line taken by Mark Gower, Richard Garcia makes a clearance.
- 54:35 Centre by Angel Rangel, clearance made by Anthony Gerrard.
- 51:15 Foul by Matt Fryatt on Ashley Williams, free kick awarded. Dorus De Vries restarts play with the free kick.
- 49:51 The assistant referee signals for offside against Scott Sinclair. Matt Duke takes the indirect free kick.
- 48:34 The referee blows for offside against Fabio Borini. Anthony Gerrard takes the indirect free kick.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half started.
- 45:01 Substitution (Hull) makes a substitution, with Richard Garcia coming on for Aaron Mclean.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:37 The first half comes to an end.
- 45:00+1:05 Corner from the right by-line taken by Andy Dawson, clearance by Mark Gower.
- 45:00+0:53 Matt Fryatt takes a shot. Garry Monk gets a block in.
- 42:41 Free kick awarded for a foul by Fabio Borini on Anthony Gerrard. Matt Duke restarts play with the free kick.
- 42:02 Stephen Dobbie crosses the ball, clearance made by James Chester.
- 40:22 Handball by Scott Sinclair. Direct free kick taken by James Chester.
- 39:09 Shot by Corry Evans from deep inside the penalty area misses wide to the left of the target.
- 38:38 Fabio Borini gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Aaron Mclean. Liam Rosenior takes the direct free kick.
- 37:07 Effort from inside the area by Fabio Borini misses to the left of the target.
- 34:16 Neil Taylor sends in a cross, Stephen Dobbie produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 32:44 Shot by Stephen Dobbie from 20 yards. Blocked by Aaron Mclean.
- 31:38 Robert Koren challenges Nathan Dyer unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick crossed by Mark Gower, Robert Koren gets a block in.
- 30:50 Effort on goal by Fabio Borini from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 30:18 Aaron Mclean is caught offside. Indirect free kick taken by Ashley Williams.
- 29:44 The ball is sent over by Nathan Dyer, clearance made by Andy Dawson.
- 28:12 Stephen Dobbie produces a left-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 26:28 Andy Dawson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Nathan Dyer. Free kick taken by Angel Rangel.
- 24:27 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Neil Taylor by Liam Rosenior. Direct free kick taken by Ashley Williams.
- 23:56 Andy Dawson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Nathan Dyer. Angel Rangel takes the free kick.
- 23:56 Booking Andy Dawson is shown a yellow card.
- 22:44 Shot from just outside the area by Stephen Dobbie misses to the right of the target.
- 22:05 Aaron Mclean gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Neil Taylor. Direct free kick taken by Neil Taylor.
- 21:31 Effort on goal by Nathan Dyer from just outside the area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 20:22 Angel Rangel produces a cross.
- 17:08 Shot by Mark Gower from outside the box goes high over the target.
- 15:34 Scott Sinclair decides to take the corner short, Angel Rangel fouled by Aaron Mclean, the ref awards a free kick. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Mark Gower from right channel, clearance by Anthony Gerrard.
- 14:23 A cross is delivered by Scott Sinclair.
- 12:52 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Robert Koren, Aaron Mclean takes a shot.
- 8:44 Centre by Neil Taylor.
- 7:17 Stephen Dobbie has an effort at goal from outside the penalty area missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 6:20 Corry Evans fouled by Joe Allen, the ref awards a free kick. James Chester restarts play with the free kick.
- 5:49 Liam Rosenior challenges Neil Taylor unfairly and gives away a free kick. Neil Taylor takes the direct free kick.
- 4:59 James Harper delivers the ball, Angel Rangel manages to make a clearance.
- 4:29 Neil Taylor produces a cross, clearance by Andy Dawson.
- 1:24 The ball is crossed by Matt Fryatt, Garry Monk makes a clearance.
- 0:29 Shot from long range by James Harper misses to the right of the goal.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
Npower Championship results
Npower Championship table snapshot