Lincoln City 1 - 1 Luton
Page last updated at 21:40 GMT, Tuesday, 6 December 2011
Richard Hinds headed a late equaliser as struggling Lincoln City came from behind to earn a draw against promotion-chasing Luton at Sincil Bank.
Danny Crow slotted in from close range to emphasise the Hatters' first-half superiority 10 minutes from the break.
But Imps defender Hinds pounced late on to nod home Conal Platt's cross.
Luton finished with nine men after visiting midfielders Alex Lawless and Jamie Hand were both sent off for second bookable offences.
Keith Keane thought he had given Luton the lead in the eighth minute when he smacked the ball home following a Robbie Willmott corner, but his goal was ruled out by referee Richard Clark.
But, despite Lawless getting sent off with 10 minutes left, followed by Hand's dismissal almost on the final whistle, Luton extended their unbeaten run to five Blue Square Bet Premier games to stay just outside the play-off places.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Lincoln City manager David Holdsworth told BBC Lincolnshire:
"I've got to be happy with that but likewise probably a little unhappy that we didn't get all three points.
"We didn't hold the ball up very well first which is why I made a change at half-time and I felt in the second half we improved, we got in their faces a bit more. We're in a dogfight and we've got to fight for everything.
"I think our second-half performance showed a lot of encouragement and spirit which I asked for at half-time and I felt we took the game to Luton and showed a lot of character and commitment."
Luton Town manager Gary Brabin told BBC Three Counties Radio:
"Thought we played really well first half and we just couldn't get that second goal.
"Without really threatening our goal they had a 15-20 minute period where they put us on the back foot a bit. And we fell for the sucker punch.
"If I was an opposing manager and my side was only 1-0 down after Luton had played as well as that in the first half I'd be happy. And that gives people a lift."
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 28 Farman
- 02 Hinds yellow card
- 03 Nutter
- 05 Gowling
- 13 Sinclair
- 08 Power yellow card
- 15 Russell (Taylor 58)
- 27 Christophe (Sheridan 80)
- 34 Thompson
- 09 Perry (Laurent 46)
- 12 Platt
- 01 Anyon,
- 17 Nicolau,
- 36 Sheridan,
- 07 Taylor,
- 11 Laurent
- 30 Pilkington
- 02 Gleeson
- 06 Pilkington (Hand 46 two yellow cards, red card)
- 15 Howells
- 34 Kovacs
- 04 Keane
- 07 Lawless two yellow cards, red card
- 11 Willmott yellow card (Dance 74)
- 28 Watkins
- 10 Crow
- 14 O'Connor (Brunt 82)
- 01 Tyler,
- 27 Hand,
- 19 Dance,
- 13 Fleetwood,
- 23 Brunt
- Lincoln City 57%
- Luton 43%
Attempts on target
- Lincoln City 2
- Luton 2
Attempts off target
- Lincoln City 6
- Luton 8
- Lincoln City 4
- Luton 5
- Lincoln City 5
- Luton 8
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+5:08 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+4:33 Direct free kick taken by John Nutter.
- 90:00+4:33 Sent off The referee sends off Jamie Hand for second bookable offence.
- 90:00+4:11 Jamie Hand gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Conal Platt.
- 90:00+0:33 Effort from the edge of the area by Jamie Taylor goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 89:35 The official flags Ryan Brunt offside. Free kick taken by Tony Sinclair.
- 87:03 Jake Howells takes the direct free kick.
- 87:03 Booking Richard Hinds goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- 86:52 Richard Hinds gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Ryan Brunt.
- 85:25 Outswinging corner taken from the left by-line by John Nutter, Jake Sheridan has a headed effort at goal from just inside the penalty area that misses to the right of the goal.
- 84:32 John Nutter takes the free kick.
- 84:32 Sent off Alex Lawless is sent off by the referee.
- 84:17 Free kick awarded for a foul by Alex Lawless on Conal Platt.
- 82:34 Corner taken by Ryan Brunt.
- 81:02 Substitution Ryan Brunt replaces Aaron O'Connor.
- 79:29 Substitution Jake Sheridan joins the action as a substitute, replacing Jean Francois Christophe.
- 77:53 Alan Power challenges Keith Keane unfairly and gives away a free kick. Keith Keane takes the free kick.
- 76:53 Conal Platt provided the assist for the goal.
- 76:53 GOAL - Richard Hinds:Lincoln City 1 - 1 Luton Goal scored by Richard Hinds from close range to the bottom left corner of the goal. Lincoln City 1-1 Luton.
- 73:45 Substitution Robbie Willmott leaves the field to be replaced by James Dance.
- 73:23 Booking Alan Power is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 72:29 Alex Lawless has a headed effort at goal from just inside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 71:44 Booking Alex Lawless shown a yellow card.
- 71:23 Robbie Willmott takes a shot.
- 71:06 Booking Robbie Willmott is given a yellow card.
- 70:07 Robbie Willmott is caught offside. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Farman.
- 68:25 Corner from right by-line taken by John Nutter.
- 67:30 The offside flag is raised against Robbie Willmott. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Farman.
- 66:02 Alan Power fouled by Jamie Hand, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Alan Power.
- 64:09 Direct free kick taken by John Nutter.
- 64:09 Booking The referee cautions Jamie Hand for unsporting behaviour.
- 63:45 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jean Francois Christophe by Jamie Hand.
- 63:08 Danny Crow fouled by Richard Hinds, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick crossed by Robbie Willmott.
- 61:32 Jamie Taylor has a headed effort at goal from just inside the penalty area that misses to the left of the goal.
- 59:24 Jamie Taylor fouled by Keith Keane, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Josh Gowling.
- 59:01 Effort from the edge of the box by Danny Crow goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 57:28 Substitution Jamie Taylor joins the action as a substitute, replacing Simon Russell.
- 54:12 Aaron O'Connor produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty box which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 53:31 Tyrone Thompson has an effort at goal from outside the area missing to the wide right of the target.
- 52:28 Effort from the edge of the area by Adam Watkins goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 49:22 Inswinging corner taken from the right by-line by John Nutter.
- 47:32 Corner taken right-footed by Robbie Willmott.
- 47:14 Unfair challenge on Keith Keane by Conal Platt results in a free kick. Daniel Gleeson takes the free kick.
- 45:02 Substitution Jamie Hand on for George Pilkington.
- 45:02 Substitution Francis Laurent joins the action as a substitute, replacing Kyle Perry.
- 45:01 The referee starts the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:37 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+1:06 Corner taken right-footed by John Nutter, Kyle Perry takes a shot. Save by Kevin Pilkington.
- 44:23 Kyle Perry challenges Janos Kovacs unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Kevin Pilkington.
- 43:18 Janos Kovacs challenges Kyle Perry unfairly and gives away a free kick. Paul Farman takes the direct free kick.
- 38:37 Conal Platt handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Kevin Pilkington.
- 35:10 The assist for the goal came from Robbie Willmott.
- 35:10 GOAL - Danny Crow:Lincoln City 0 - 1 Luton Danny Crow finds the back of the net with a goal from close in to the bottom right corner of the goal. Lincoln City 0-1 Luton.
- 34:57 Short corner taken by Robbie Willmott,
- 33:04 Alan Power produces a drilled right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 28:05 Shot from just outside the area by Alex Lawless misses to the left of the target.
- 24:32 The offside flag is raised against Aaron O'Connor. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Farman.
- 24:01 Corner taken right-footed by Robbie Willmott from the right by-line to the near post, clearance by Jean Francois Christophe.
- 16:30 Danny Crow is ruled offside. Paul Farman takes the indirect free kick.
- 14:46 Alan Power produces a right-footed shot from just outside the area that goes wide left of the goal.
- 13:09 Unfair challenge on Josh Gowling by George Pilkington results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Josh Gowling.
- 12:09 Adam Watkins produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide right of the target.
- 10:42 Robbie Willmott concedes a free kick for a foul on Jean Francois Christophe. Direct free kick taken by Jean Francois Christophe.
- 7:50 Corner from the right by-line taken by Robbie Willmott, Keith Keane takes a shot.
- 6:56 Adam Watkins produces a right-footed shot from outside the penalty box and misses right.
- 0:00 The game kicks-off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
BSB Premier results
BSB Premier table snapshot
|21||Hayes & Yeading||23||-15||20|