Luton 1 - 1 AFC Telford
Page last updated at 22:58 GMT, Tuesday, 29 November 2011
Luton Town missed out on the chance to move into the Blue Square Bet Premier play-off places as Sean Newton's free-kick earned AFC Telford a point.
Bucks goalkeeper Ryan Young had to be alert to keep out early efforts from Stuart Fleetwood and Robbie Willmott and he also denied James Dance.
George Pilkington also hit the post with a header before the Hatters went ahead through Willmott's strike.
But Newton's second-half effort made the hosts pay for their poor finishing.VIEWS FROM THE GROUND
Luton Town manager Gary Brabin told BBC Three Counties Radio:
"I think we started really brightly. In the first five minutes we could have been two or three up.
"The longer the half went on you could sense a little bit of frustration.
"I felt we scored at a good time just before half-time and I thought we'd go on and score two or three."
Telford boss Andy Sinton told BBC Radio Shropshire:
"To a man we were absolutely magnificent. I stand by what I said earlier, Luton will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season - whoever finishes above them will win the league.
"Okay, we rode our luck a bit in the first 15 minutes, but we went toe to toe with them all the way.
"And the longer the game went on, especially after we equalised, I thought we could get them on the break and win it."
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 29 November 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 30 Pilkington
- 06 Pilkington
- 15 Howells
- 18 Osano
- 34 Kovacs
- 04 Keane
- 07 Lawless
- 11 Willmott
- 19 Dance (O'Connor 68)
- 10 Crow yellow card (Watkins 81)
- 13 Fleetwood (Brunt 71)
- 01 Tyler,
- 03 Taylor,
- 28 Watkins,
- 14 O'Connor,
- 23 Brunt
- 01 Young
- 02 Salmon
- 03 Newton
- 05 Whitehead
- 06 Killock
- 23 Valentine
- 20 Davies
- 27 Smith
- 28 Cain (Adams 86)
- 19 Farrell (Preston 88)
- 29 Jones (Brown 81)
- 32 Robinson,
- 16 Preston,
- 11 Adams,
- 10 Brown,
- 26 Chamberlain
- Luton 55%
- AFC Telford 45%
Attempts on target
- Luton 6
- AFC Telford 1
Attempts off target
- Luton 7
- AFC Telford 3
- Luton 10
- AFC Telford 0
- Luton 10
- AFC Telford 5
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:07 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+2:28 Outswinging corner taken by Adam Watkins from the right by-line, clearance by Shane Killock.
- 90:00+2:00 Robbie Willmott decides to take the corner short.
- 90:00+1:21 Robbie Willmott takes the inswinging corner, Ryan Young makes a save.
- 89:19 Unfair challenge on Janos Kovacs by Andy Brown results in a free kick. Keith Keane restarts play with the free kick.
- 88:10 Jay Smith concedes a free kick for a foul on Keith Keane. Keith Keane takes the free kick.
- 86:57 Ryan Young takes the direct free kick.
- 86:57 Substitution Craig Farrell leaves the field to be replaced by Daniel Preston.
- 86:57 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Stuart Whitehead by Ryan Brunt.
- 85:09 Substitution Jon Adams replaces Ashley Cain.
- 81:12 Robbie Willmott concedes a free kick for a foul on Will Salmon. Free kick taken by Ryan Young.
- 80:04 Substitution Andy Brown replaces Steve Jones.
- 80:04 Substitution Danny Crow leaves the field to be replaced by Adam Watkins.
- 79:17 Corner taken by Robbie Willmott played to the near post, Stuart Whitehead makes a clearance.
- 79:04 Shot by Robbie Willmott. Save by Ryan Young.
- 77:10 Ryan Brunt is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Ryan Young takes the indirect free kick.
- 76:12 Aaron O'Connor concedes a free kick for a foul on Sean Newton. Ryan Valentine restarts play with the free kick.
- 73:30 Keith Keane challenges Sean Newton unfairly and gives away a free kick. Ryan Young takes the direct free kick.
- 72:04 Craig Farrell is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by George Pilkington.
- 70:48 Inswinging corner taken by Robbie Willmott, save by Ryan Young.
- 70:48 Substitution (Luton) makes a substitution, with Ryan Brunt coming on for Stuart Fleetwood.
- 67:06 Substitution (Luton) makes a substitution, with Aaron O'Connor coming on for James Dance.
- 66:51 Effort on goal by Danny Crow from just inside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 66:02 Ashley Cain challenges Jake Howells unfairly and gives away a free kick. Robbie Willmott delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from left wing, Shane Killock manages to make a clearance.
- 65:35 Sean Newton is ruled offside. Janos Kovacs takes the indirect free kick.
- 63:54 Keith Keane gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Steve Jones. Shot on goal comes in from Sean Newton from the free kick.
- 62:04 Headed effort from inside the area by Danny Crow misses to the left of the goal.
- 59:25 Janos Kovacs fouled by Craig Farrell, the ref awards a free kick. George Pilkington takes the free kick.
- 57:53 Janos Kovacs takes a shot from inside the box clearing the bar.
- 54:57 GOAL - Sean Newton:Luton 1 - 1 AFC Telford Sean Newton scores a goal direct from the free kick from outside the penalty area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Luton 1-1 AFC Telford.
- 54:03 Alex Lawless challenges Richard Davies unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 50:29 Will Salmon takes the free kick.
- 50:29 Booking Booking for Danny Crow for unsporting behaviour.
- 50:05 Will Salmon fouled by Danny Crow, the ref awards a free kick.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:02 The first half comes to an end.
- 40:34 GOAL - Robbie Willmott:Luton 1 - 0 AFC Telford Goal scored by Robbie Willmott from inside the penalty box low into the middle of the goal. Luton 1-0 AFC Telford.
- 38:50 James Dance sends in a cross, George Pilkington has a headed effort at goal from close in that strikes the post.
- 38:16 Robbie Willmott takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post, clearance by Stuart Whitehead.
- 37:42 Corner taken right-footed by Robbie Willmott, clearance made by Stuart Whitehead.
- 37:20 Jake Howells produces a drilled left-footed shot from 12 yards. Blocked by Will Salmon.
- 36:34 Shane Killock concedes a free kick for a foul on Stuart Fleetwood. Keith Keane restarts play with the free kick.
- 34:46 Robbie Willmott takes a shot from long range which goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 33:03 Shot by Jay Smith from just outside the area goes over the net.
- 24:34 Short corner taken by Robbie Willmott.
- 24:15 James Dance has an effort at goal. Save made by Ryan Young.
- 20:53 The assistant referee signals for offside against Craig Farrell. Janos Kovacs restarts play with the free kick.
- 18:15 Foul by Alex Lawless on Jay Smith, free kick awarded. Jay Smith shoots direct from the free kick.
- 15:30 Robbie Willmott challenges Sean Newton unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jay Smith takes the direct free kick.
- 7:54 Stuart Fleetwood has an effort at goal from outside the penalty box missing to the wide right of the goal.
- 4:46 Foul by Keith Keane on Craig Farrell, free kick awarded. Free kick taken by Ryan Valentine.
- 4:02 Robbie Willmott takes the inswinging corner, save by Ryan Young.
- 3:45 Effort on goal by Robbie Willmott from 12 yards. Save by Ryan Young.
- 1:08 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Robbie Willmott, Effort on goal by Danny Crow from inside the box misses to the right of the target.
- 0:51 Volleyed right-footed shot by Stuart Fleetwood. Save by Ryan Young.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
BSB Premier results
BSB Premier table snapshot
|22||Hayes & Yeading||22||-18||17|