Fleetwood Town 5 - 2 Kidderminster
Page last updated at 20:55 GMT, Tuesday, 20 September 2011 21:55 UK
Kidderminster Harriers slumped to their heaviest league defeat since Steve Burr took charge on a night when both sides ended with 10 men at Highbury Stadium.
Fleetwood's Jamie Vardy and Harriers' Steve Guinan were sent off just before the half-hour with the score still 0-0.
Gareth Seddon and Magno Vieira struck for Fleetwood either side of the break.
Andy Mangan made it 3-0 and Vieira hit a second and, although Lee Vaughan's penalty pulled one back, Richard Brodie scored before Jamille Matt's reply.
The result was Harriers' worst in the Conference since a 5-2 defeat at Torquay almost four years ago to the night.
Following a quiet start, the game sparked into life on the half-hour mark when Vardy was dismissed for a dangerous tackle on Vaughan and, in the aftermath, Guinan was given his marching orders for throwing a punch.
The hosts took the lead in first-half a minute before half-time when Seddon scored from 18 yards and then Vieira bagged his brace, from the edge of the box and close range, either side of a cool Mangan finish as Fleetwood raced into a 4-0 lead inside 67 minutes.
Vaughan fired home from the spot when Shaun Beeley fouled Matt in the area two minutes later, before Brodie added a fifth - but Harriers did at least have the last word, when Matt netted a late consolation for the visitors from 12 yards.VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Kidderminster Harriers manager Steve Burr told BBC Hereford and Worcester:
"It all went wrong when we went down to 10 men and they went down to 10 men, they worked a lot harder than us.
"We were in control in the first half, then the incident where the two lads were sent off, and they were better than us in the second half.
"Maybe it's time to shake things up, and maybe freshen it up a bit."
Live text and stats
Tuesday, 20 September 2011
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Davies yellow card
- 02 Beesley
- 05 McNulty yellow card
- 12 Brown (Goodall 71)
- 25 Atkinson
- 08 Milligan (Briggs 60)
- 18 McGuire
- 10 Vieira
- 14 Mangan yellow card
- 19 Seddon yellow card (Brodie 57)
- 33 Vardy red card
- 16 St Louis-Hamilton,
- 13 Goodall,
- 07 Clancy,
- 15 Briggs,
- 09 Brodie
- 01 Lewis
- 02 Vaughan
- 03 Williams
- 04 Jones
- 06 Marshall
- 05 Phelan
- 07 Hankin (Wright 53)
- 08 Vincent (Byrne 46)
- 24 Storer
- 09 Guinan red card
- 10 Williams (Matt 53)
- 21 Lyness,
- 15 Sharpe,
- 11 Byrne,
- 14 Wright,
- 20 Matt
- Fleetwood 52%
- Kidderminster 48%
Attempts on target
- Fleetwood 10
- Kidderminster 6
Attempts off target
- Fleetwood 5
- Kidderminster 2
- Fleetwood 2
- Kidderminster 6
- Fleetwood 13
- Kidderminster 11
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:17 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+3:56 Alan Goodall takes a shot. Save by Daniel Lewis.
- 90:00+3:22 Richard Brodie is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Tom Marshall.
- 90:00+1:58 GOAL - Jamille Matt:Fleetwood Town 5 - 2 Kidderminster Goal scored by Jamille Matt from inside the penalty box high into the middle of the goal. Fleetwood Town 5-2 Kidderminster.
- 90:00+1:54 Nick Wright takes a shot. Save by Scott Davies.
- 90:00+1:27 Richard Brodie delivers the ball, clearance by Lee Vaughan.
- 90:00+0:25 Unfair challenge on Magno Vieira by Jack Byrne results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Keith Briggs.
- 88:32 The referee blows for offside. Free kick taken by Daniel Lewis.
- 87:40 The ball is swung over by Mike Williams, free kick awarded for a foul by Jamille Matt on Scott Davies. Free kick taken by Scott Davies.
- 87:00 Andy Mangan crosses the ball, Richard Brodie produces a right-footed shot from inside the area that goes over the bar.
- 85:12 Shaun Beeley fouled by Jamille Matt, the ref awards a free kick. Jamie McGuire restarts play with the free kick.
- 81:40 Richard Brodie takes a shot. Mike Williams gets a block in.
- 81:25 The referee blows for offside. Shaun Beeley takes the free kick.
- 79:15 The ball is crossed by Scott Phelan, Rob Atkinson makes a clearance. Corner taken by Scott Phelan from the right by-line played to the near post, Headed effort from deep inside the area by Tom Marshall misses to the right of the target.
- 77:02 Unfair challenge on Rob Atkinson by Jamille Matt results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Scott Davies.
- 76:14 The assist for the goal came from Andy Mangan.
- 76:14 GOAL - Richard Brodie:Fleetwood Town 5 - 1 Kidderminster Richard Brodie finds the back of the net with a goal from just outside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Fleetwood Town 5-1 Kidderminster.
- 75:04 Free kick awarded for a foul by Mike Williams on Jamie McGuire. Andy Mangan restarts play with the free kick.
- 74:56 The ball is sent over by Magno Vieira, clearance made by Tom Marshall.
- 74:24 Shot by Richard Brodie from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 73:50 Keith Briggs produces a right-footed shot from deep inside the penalty area which goes wide of the left-hand post.
- 72:08 The official flags Richard Brodie offside. Daniel Lewis takes the indirect free kick.
- 70:01 Indirect free kick taken by Daniel Lewis.
- 70:01 Substitution Junior Brown goes off and Alan Goodall comes on.
- 70:01 The official flags Junior Brown offside.
- 68:26 Jamille Matt provided the assist for the goal.
- 68:26 GOAL - Lee Vaughan:Fleetwood Town 4 - 1 Kidderminster Lee Vaughan scores a placed penalty. Fleetwood Town 4-1 Kidderminster.
- 67:46 Booking The referee cautions Scott Davies for dissent.
- 67:26 Shaun Beeley concedes a Penalty for a foul on Jamille Matt.
- 66:55 Unfair challenge on Tom Marshall by Richard Brodie results in a free kick. Tom Marshall restarts play with the free kick.
- 66:09 Assist on the goal came from Richard Brodie.
- 66:09 GOAL - Magno Vieira:Fleetwood Town 4 - 0 Kidderminster Magno Vieira finds the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Fleetwood Town 4-0 Kidderminster.
- 65:43 Keith Briggs takes a shot. Save made by Daniel Lewis. The ball is swung over by Richard Brodie,
- 63:05 The referee blows for offside against Richard Brodie. Indirect free kick taken by Tom Marshall.
- 61:17 Scott Phelan takes a shot. Rob Atkinson gets a block in.
- 58:33 The free kick is delivered right-footed by Kyle Storer from right channel, clearance made by Steve McNulty.
- 58:33 Substitution Keith Briggs on for Jamie Milligan.
- 58:33 Booking Steve McNulty is shown a yellow card.
- 58:25 The referee gives a free kick against Steve McNulty for handball.
- 56:43 Substitution Richard Brodie joins the action as a substitute, replacing Gareth Seddon.
- 56:01 GOAL - Andy Mangan:Fleetwood Town 3 - 0 Kidderminster Goal scored by Andy Mangan from the edge of the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Fleetwood Town 3-0 Kidderminster.
- 53:52 Jamille Matt concedes a free kick for a foul on Shaun Beeley. Direct free kick taken by Scott Davies.
- 52:13 Substitution Jamille Matt is brought on as a substitute for Marc Williams.
- 52:13 Substitution Dave Hankin leaves the field to be replaced by Nick Wright.
- 48:44 Foul by Steve McNulty on Scott Phelan, free kick awarded. Jack Byrne takes the free kick.
- 47:28 Lee Vaughan challenges Magno Vieira unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jamie Milligan takes the free kick.
- 45:55 The assist for the goal came from Jamie Milligan.
- 45:55 GOAL - Magno Vieira:Fleetwood Town 2 - 0 Kidderminster Magno Vieira fires in a goal from the edge of the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Fleetwood Town 2-0 Kidderminster.
- 45:44 A cross is delivered by Lee Vaughan, clearance made by Steve McNulty.
- 45:22 Magno Vieira is adjudged to have handled the ball. Tom Marshall takes the free kick.
- 45:01 The second half begins.
- 45:01 Substitution Jack Byrne is brought on as a substitute for James Vincent.
- Half Time
- 45:00+4:20 The match has reached half-time.
- 45:00+3:12 Assist on the goal came from Jamie McGuire.
- 45:00+3:12 GOAL - Gareth Seddon:Fleetwood Town 1 - 0 Kidderminster Gareth Seddon fires in a goal from the edge of the area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Fleetwood Town 1-0 Kidderminster.
- 45:00+3:09 Jamie McGuire sends in a cross,
- 45:00+3:03 The ball is swung over by Gareth Seddon.
- 45:00+2:30 The ball is crossed by Junior Brown.
- 45:00+0:33 Corner taken by Scott Phelan, save by Scott Davies.
- 43:02 Scott Phelan fouled by Gareth Seddon, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Tom Marshall.
- 41:57 Marc Williams is caught offside. Scott Davies restarts play with the free kick.
- 37:54 Marc Williams takes a shot. Save by Scott Davies. Corner taken right-footed by Scott Phelan from the right by-line, Tom Marshall takes a shot. Shaun Beeley manages to make a clearance. Dave Hankin takes a shot. Blocked by Steve McNulty. Corner taken right-footed by Scott Phelan.
- 37:03 Kyle Storer gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Gareth Seddon. Jamie Milligan takes the direct free kick.
- 36:05 Centre by Dave Hankin. Mike Williams delivers the ball, save made by Scott Davies.
- 35:15 Marc Williams fouled by Junior Brown, the ref awards a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Dave Hankin. Unfair challenge on Lee Vaughan by Jamie McGuire results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Lee Vaughan.
- 31:28 Shaun Beeley produces a cross.
- 30:22 Free kick awarded for a foul by Steve McNulty on Marc Williams. Kyle Storer takes the direct free kick.
- 28:21 Direct free kick taken by Lee Vaughan.
- 28:21 Sent off Steve Guinan is sent off.
- 27:40 Sent off Jamie Vardy sent off.
- 25:42 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jamie Vardy on Lee Vaughan.
- 24:13 Steve McNulty concedes a free kick for a foul on Marc Williams. Marc Williams takes the free kick.
- 23:05 Scott Phelan takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 22:53 Dave Hankin delivers the ball, clearance made by Shaun Beeley.
- 21:44 Scott Phelan delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing, free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Steve McNulty by Luke Jones. Scott Davies takes the direct free kick.
- 21:44 Booking Andy Mangan goes into the book for unsporting behaviour.
- 21:30 Unfair challenge on Dave Hankin by Andy Mangan results in a free kick.
- 20:36 Magno Vieira produces a cross.
- 19:47 Gareth Seddon takes a shot. Save made by Daniel Lewis.
- 18:37 Effort from outside the penalty box by James Vincent goes wide right of the goal.
- 17:34 A cross is delivered by Jamie Vardy, Mike Williams gets a block in. Inswinging corner taken by Jamie Milligan from the right by-line, save by Daniel Lewis.
- 15:31 The assistant referee signals for offside against Steve Guinan. Direct free kick taken by Scott Davies.
- 13:40 Steve Guinan gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Rob Atkinson. Direct free kick taken by Rob Atkinson.
- 13:12 Andy Mangan sends in a cross.
- 12:05 The ball is crossed by Junior Brown, blocked by Dave Hankin. Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Jamie McGuire from the left by-line. Jamie Milligan produces a cross, Luke Jones manages to make a clearance.
- 10:12 Steve Guinan produces a cross, Rob Atkinson gets a block in. Corner taken right-footed by Scott Phelan from the right by-line, Jamie McGuire makes a clearance.
- 8:42 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Dave Hankin by Junior Brown. Kyle Storer takes the free kick.
- 7:01 Jamie McGuire fouled by Lee Vaughan, the ref awards a free kick. Jamie Milligan takes the direct free kick.
- 6:47 Jamie McGuire takes a shot. Blocked by Luke Jones.
- 5:29 Magno Vieira has an effort at goal from outside the area which misses left.
- 4:51 Mike Williams produces a cross, clearance by Steve McNulty.
- 4:31 The ball is crossed by Dave Hankin.
- 4:19 Jamie McGuire gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Steve Guinan. Direct free kick taken by Scott Phelan.
- 2:49 Centre by Lee Vaughan, clearance by Jamie McGuire.
- 1:39 Effort by Jamie McGuire from a long way out goes over the crossbar.
- 0:34 Daniel Lewis takes the direct free kick.
- 0:34 Booking Gareth Seddon booked.
- 0:06 Foul by Gareth Seddon on Lee Vaughan, free kick awarded.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to start the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.
BSB Premier results
- Alfreton Town2-1BarrowFT
- Bath City1-1LutonFT
- Cambridge2-0Ebbsfleet UtdFT
- Hayes & Yeading1-2Braintree TownFT
- Lincoln City1-0GatesheadFT
- Mansfield1-1AFC TelfordFT
- Newport County1-1StockportFT
- Tamworth0-1Forest GreenFT
BSB Premier table snapshot
|18||Hayes & Yeading||10||-7||9|