Frederic Mendy claims he was abused at Grenoble
Senegalese midfielder Frederic Mendy has reported that he was racially abused during a French second division match at Grenoble.
The weekend's incident is the latest to mar French football, according to a report on Sunday.
Mendy said he did not alert the referee because he wanted to stay focused on the match, which Bastia lost 1-0.
"I heard everything, racist insults and monkey chants, notably when I took corners," the Senegal international was quoted as saying by sports daily L'Equipe.
"Unfortunately this happens to me very often away from home (Bastia)."
Bastia itself is facing a points deduction after some fans unfurled a racist banner aimed at Libourne Saint-Seurin's striker Boubacar Kebe on 22 February.
Kebe, from Burkina Faso, had refused to play in that match, having previously been abused by Bastia fans in September 2007.
French league president Frederic Thiriez said last week that he needs more government help to increase banning orders.
Thiriez wants to crack down on a far-right group of fans from first-division club Metz, with some making Nazi salutes at the end of the 23 February match at Lyon.
In a separate incident, a Metz fan has been banned from attending matches for three months for making racist remarks to Valenciennes captain Abdeslam Ouaddou, who is Moroccan, on 16 February.