England World Cup 2018 bid not damaged - Sepp Blatter
Blatter insists Fifa is 'clean' from corruption
Fifa president Sepp Blatter believes England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup will not be damaged by the fall-out of the Sunday Times investigation.
Two Fifa officials have been been banned for alleged corruption while four others have been suspended.
Blatter said 'entrapment' was "not fair" but added: "Why should this have an influence on the English bid?
"I don't think they (the executive committee) will take into consideration what has been published or not."
Executive committee members Amos Adamu - who has pleaded his innocence throughout - and Reynald Temarii
were suspended and fined on Thursday
over claims by the Sunday Times that they asked for money in exchange for World Cup votes.
Ismael Bhamjee, Amadou Diakite, Ahongalu Fusimalohi and Slim Aloulou were punished for breaking rules on general conduct and loyalty and of failing to report evidence of misconduct in relation to the case.
Adamu and Temarii were secretly filmed by reporters from the newspaper, who posed as lobbyists for a consortium of American companies that wanted to bring the tournament to the US.
Blatter announced on Friday that two former Fifa employees also caught up in the scandal had been declared "persona non grata" by a meeting of the governing body's executive committee.
Ex-general secretary Michel Zen-Ruffinen and former tournament director Michel Bacchini recommended to undercover reporters that they should offer illegal incentives to secure World Cup votes.
Blatter said the bans imposed by the ethics committee gave Fifa a chance to "clean up" but that the investigation methods were not fair.
He added: "No, I'm not pleased about that because this is not very fair but now we have a result it gives us an opportunity to clean a little bit whatever has to be cleaned.
"But I cannot say that it is very fair when you open traps to entrap people. But if the objective is to have a clean sheet in football then I can understand it."
Blatter admitted the bans imposed on the six officials on Thursday had not gone down well with some of the other members who viewed them as overly harsh.
"These decisions may not have found total support of all the members of the executive committee, it would be exaggerated to pretend that." he stated.
"But Fifa agrees with the decisions handed down by the ethics committee."
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.