Chester have completed the signing of striker Jon Walters from bitter League Two rivals Wrexham on a two-year deal.
Wrexham say they offered Walters a new contract
The 22-year-old joined the Dragons from Hull last year and was out of contract at the end of the month.
Wrexham say that they offered him a new deal verbally and are annoyed that they were not been told of the impending move by either Chester or Walters.
Midfielder Dean Bennett, released by Wrexham at the end of the season, has already signed a deal at Chester.
"Things [like the Walters transfer] are not usually done like this," Wrexham secretary Geraint Parry told the Daily Post on Thursday.
I've tried to get hold of Jon by telephone
Wrexham secretary Geraint Parry
"We've not been told anything official, but I've heard elsewhere that Jon's joining Chester.
"As his contract is up he had no obligation to tell us anything, but it would have been nice to hear something.
"I've tried to get hold of Jon by telephone to find out his plans, but we've not been able to get through."