ECB to review allocation for major international games
Yorkshire have said they will not bid for an Ashes Test in 2013 or 2015
A review of the process of allocation of major international fixtures was discussed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Friday.
A bidding process had been introduced following an increase in the number of grounds capable of staging matches.
Some counties have, however, voiced concerns over the process and the ECB says it will look at the issues.
"The management board will sit down and assess what the best options are going forward," an ECB statement said.
"It is something we are conscious of and we are aware it is something the grounds have concerns about.
"There have been extensive discussions with both the international and non-international grounds over the way in which the process works."
Yorkshire chairman Colin Graves had earlier told BBC Sport that his club will not bid for an Ashes Test against Australia in 2013 or 2016 because of financial concerns.
Headingley says 'no' to Ashes Test
The White Rose county are in possession of a staging agreement with the ECB, which guarantees a Test match at Headingley every year from 2012 to 2019, but they would have to submit a bid for Australia Tests.
Similar staging agreements are held by the Oval (running from 2002 until 2022) and Trent Bridge (2003 until 2011).
The bidding process was introduced because the building of new grounds means there are more venues vying to stage matches.
The six traditional England Test match venues - Lord's, the Oval, Old Trafford, Trent Bridge, Headingley and Edgbaston - have been joined by new grounds at Chester-le-Street, which earned Test status in 2003, and Southampton's Rose Bowl, which will stage its first Test in 2011.
Meanwhile, Cardiff joined the Test ranks in 2009 after extensive redevelopment and considerable financial support from the Welsh Assembly Government.
Bristol has regularly hosted one-day internationals but never a Test.
The cost of bidding for a Test is estimated at between £1m and £2m and, having just announced a loss of £1.8m for 2010, Yorkshire fear it would jeopardise their future.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.