Khan's last title defence was against Marcos Maidana in December
Amir Khan could yet defend his WBA light-welterweight title against Paul McCloskey at the MEN Arena on April 16, according to Khan's father Shah.
"We have made an offer to Paul's people and it is up to them to decide whether to accept it," Khan told the BBC.
"We have offered him almost three times what he got paid for his last fight and the ball is in their court - it can happen if they agree to the terms."
The Khan camp are speaking to other fighters, including Lamont Peterson.
Negotiations with Peterson were understood to have broken down but it seems the fight may yet be revived.
On a scale of one to 10, Khan said he rated the chances of a fight with McCloskey taking place as "less than five".
"We thought negotiations were dead and buried as the terms they came looking for were unrealistic," added Khan.
Amir Khan told BBC 5 live last week that his management team was "looking at all the options".
The Bolton-born boxer has stated his aim of unifying the division this year.
He wants to fight the winner of the forthcoming bout between the US fighters Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander on 29 January.
In the meantime, negotiations regarding a fight between Khan and McCloskey appear to be ongoing.
The 31-year-old McCloskey is unbeaten in 22 fights and is believed to be also considering a defence of his European title.
The Dungiven man won the European crown by defeating Spain's Daniel Rasilla in 2009 and has defended his belt twice.
McCloskey's manager Francis McNicholl said of the talks with the Khan camp: "It remains our position that we believe Paul is being undervalued".