Hatton not yet ready to decide on future
Ricky Hatton has insisted he will decide when to quit boxing.
The 31-year-old Mancunian suffered a devastating defeat by Manny Pacquiao in a IBO light-welterweight world title clash in May last year.
In December, Hatton announced plans to return to the ring but press reports claim he has since changed his mind.
But Hatton told BBC Sport: "I have not made a decision yet. Until you hear it from the horse's mouth, then don't take it seriously."
He added: "Everyone seems to be giving their comments but I have not said anything. I will let people know in good time.
"I have worked very hard in my career to make that announcement myself, and to do it with people who have been there from day one.
"It's a shame when people hear stories in the paper that's basically gossip."
Earlier this month, Britain's Amir Khan urged Hatton to retire, saying: "He has the respect of the British fans and boxers and I think he should hang his gloves up and relax now."
Questions about how long Hatton's career should continue were voiced after the former two-weight world champion was well beaten by Floyd Mayweather in December 2007.
He returned in May 2008, beating, beating Juan Lazcano at the City of Manchester Stadium, then defeating Pauli Malignaggi in Las Vegas in November.
Hatton then fought Pacquiao in May 2009 and was knocked out in the second round by Filipino great. The brutal manner of his defeat led to calls for him to quit.
But in December he said he would return, with Mexican three-weight world champion Juan Manuel Marquez touted as a possible opponent.
Last month, Hatton's trainer Lee Beard parted company with the fighter to move to the United States.
On Friday, Hatton continues his career out of the ring when he promotes an evening of boxing in Dagenham.
The card features Hatton's younger brother Matthew, who takes on 39-year-old Italian Gianluca Branco for the European welterweight title.