Maloney has managed four world champions including Lennox Lewis
Boxing promoter Frank Maloney has vowed to return to the sport as soon as possible after undergoing an operation following a heart attack.
The 55-year-old was admitted to hospital on Monday after discovering the dead body of Irish boxer Darren Sutherland, who Maloney managed.
However, tests revealed Maloney suffered the heart attack on Friday.
Maloney had been ringside to see his fighter John McDermott lose to Tyson Fury via a controversial decision.
Maloney had been angered by the result at Brentwood Leisure Centre, and branded referee Terry O'Connor a "disgrace to British boxing" for his scoring of the fight.
Nothing will ever compare to the shock and sorrow of finding Darren
The British Boxing Board of Control is to hold a hearing into the fight's outcome on 23 September.
"Doctors have told me that after some days of rest I will be fine and I cannot wait to return to work in the sport of boxing as soon as possible," said Maloney.
"I had no idea the heart attack had happened at the fight. I did have some chest pains and feel a bit unwell but I just put it down to the stress and excitement of what was happening.
"I can guarantee I will be there at the headquarters of the British Boxing Board of Control on 23 September when they stage their hearing into what I believe was the total injustice of the McDermott result.
"Boxing is my life. I have had plenty of highs in the sport and plenty of lows as well. But nothing will ever compare to the shock and sorrow of finding Darren in his flat on Monday night."
Maloney was due to appear with the 27-year-old Sutherland, a bronze medallist at last year's Beijing Olympics, at a press conference on Tuesday to announce his next fight.
Police are not treating the death of Sutherland as suspicious.