Hatton v Pacquiao has been one of boxing's classic on-off sagas
Ricky Hatton's light-welterweight fight with Filipino Manny Pacquiao is definitely on, BBC Sport understands.
Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams has told BBC Sport that a signed contract was received at the weekend.
The fight will take place at Las Vegas' MGM Grand casino on 2 May, with full details to be announced this week.
The news follows weeks of uncertainty with Pacquiao's camp reportedly wanting a 60-40 split, however Hatton's camp insists he will get an equal share.
"We have got the contract, signed by Manny," Williams said.
Hatton has yet to sign the contract - purely due to logistics with Williams being in London.
"It won't be a problem and we'll announce the fight at a press conference on Thursday," he added.
"All the pressure is off now."
Pacquiao, 30, is currently regarded as the world's best pound-for-pound fighter, a status he confirmed by beating Oscar de la Hoya in December.
The fight had been in danger of collapsing earlier this month.
But last week Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer, negotiating on Mancunian Hatton's behalf, confirmed a signed contract from the Philippines had been received.
On Friday, Pacquiao's promoters Top Rank had declared that the fight was back on.
And Williams confirmed to BBC Sport on Monday that everything is in place and an agreement has now been reached and recieved.
Hatton, 30, has been chasing Pacquiao ever since the latter demolished American legend De la Hoya inside nine rounds.
Hatton, who has only lost once in 46 fights, beat American Paulie Malignaggi in November and had made no secret of his interest in meeting the winner of Pacquiao-De la Hoya.
With the Pacquiao fight in danger of collapse, Hatton's camp had also been chasing De la Hoya himself or a re-match with Floyd Mayweather Jr - the only man to defeat Hatton.
But a fight with Pacquiao, who has lost three of his 48 fights with two draws, is now on and promises to be one of the fights of the year.