Ricky Hatton last fought in May beating Juan Lazcano on points
Britain's Ricky Hatton was forced to miss a scheduled press conference in Las Vegas on Saturday due to illness.
The IBO light-welterweight champion had been due to face media in the United States to officially announce his 22 November fight with Paulie Malignaggi.
"We came in last night, had some food, and then he got sick," said Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams.
It has also emerged the fight may not be for Malignaggi's IBF title as Hatton is not the body's mandatory champion.
This is the biggest fight of my career and I live for these opportunities
Hatton, 29, has a history of binge eating and drinking between fights, although he maintains a strict diet in the build-up.
"We don't know what the problem is," added Williams. "When he's eating burger, chips and beer, he's fine."
The fight will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and will be the fourth time Mancunian Hatton has fought in Vegas.
Although the fight may not be for the IBF belt, Malignaggi insists there is plenty riding on it.
"This is the biggest fight of my career and I live for these opportunities," said the American.
"The best always comes out of me for moments like this. And this moment can't get any bigger."
Hatton last fought in May, beating Mexican Juan Lazcano on points.