Russia's Valuev (left) has only lost once in 50 fights
Russian giant Nikolay Valuev regained the WBA heavyweight world title in a unanimous decision over America's John Ruiz in Berlin on Saturday.
Confusion on the judges cards initially resulted in a split decision but the outcome was later changed.
The 7ft tall, 24st Valuev was awarded the fight with a 116-113, 116-111 and 114-113 result for his 49th professional win.
His only loss came in last year's title fight with Uzbekistan's Ruslan Chagaev.
"I was quicker but he did a good job and he didn't let me fight my usual fight. I'd like to box Ruiz again," said 35-year-old Valuev.
WBA delegate John Pack said that when the split decision was announced one of the officials, Japanese
ringside judge Takeshi Shimakawa, alerted him that he had given the fight to
Shimakawa said the confusion resulted because one of the
cards had the names of the fighters in a different order.
He scored it 114-113.
Valuev will now face Chagaev in an obligatory defence by June 2009 after the former champion was forced to relinquish his crown through injury earlier this year.
For the much smaller Ruiz, 36, who had twice previously held the WBA heavyweight crown, it was the eighth defeat of his 16-year career.
This was the second time the pair have clashed and the second time Valuev has beaten Ruiz on points.
Ruiz said: "I am not too disappointed, I fought well here and I like boxing in Berlin, I hope for another chance at the title."
In December 2005, the Russian beat the American to win the WBA heavyweight crown in Berlin, only to lose his title in April 2007 on points against Chagaev.